New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMotes

Starter
The way Gov. Nixon and Dave Peacock keep antagonizing Stan Kroenke and talking generically about keeping St. Louis an NFL city, maybe the stadium is going to be built but i'm not sure it will be for the Rams...

RAMbler

UDFA
Let's Clear the Decks at Page 405....So what does your gut tell you? Rams leaving or staying? Is St Louis' endgame really just getting "A" NFL team that's not necessarily the Rams?

My gut tells me that Stan is going to get what he wants, whether that be a new stadium in St. Louis, or L.A. Could this be one huge leverage play to get a stadium in St. Louis? Yes, it is possible. But IMO, not likely.

My gut tells me nothing will withstand Stanley's charge west...., and right, wrong, or indifferent...., I believe this has been his plan all along (follow the $$$).

Chargers get it done in SD (who in their right mind would want to leave SD, Ca?)

Oakland continues to play on a baseball diamond for the immediate future (couldn't happen to a better outfit).

bluecoconuts

Legend
Raiders remain in Oakland and are purchased by tech billionaire Mark Zuckerberg.

Do you think he wants to own a team?

I just realized he has about 5 times more money than Kroenke.... He'd be by far the youngest, half the age of most owners, and by a wide margin the richest. Twice as much as the second richest (Paul Allen) and 5 times the third (Kroenke).... What the hell am I doing with my life? :eek:

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't know why... but the survey doesn't have me concerned. Just a gut (that is, what is being asked about, right? ;))

I don't know what's taking them so long to release them... For any city, it should be in the respective task forces hands by now correct? I don't think any of them are very good...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will continue to believe this until an official announcement contradicts it:

MOST LIKELY - Rams stay in St. Louis, Kroenke sells to local ownership group or just decides to bide his time to sell when other opportunities open up in Denver; Raiders and Chargers do end up in Carson as a joint venture.

Sorry that's the least likely scenario...Kronke's not giving up his franchise for a "Chance." to get the Broncos, plus there is a trust that Pat Bowlen set up for his family.

So you feel that Kroenke is going to give up the Inglewood project and his football team? I just don't think IMO that happens...Call me crazy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Let's Clear the Decks at Page 405....So what does your gut tell you? Rams leaving or staying? Is St Louis' endgame really just getting "A" NFL team that's not necessarily the Rams?
My gut is starting to tell me that all three teams stay in their current markets. I've felt all along that Carson is a pipe dream with all kinds of "treasures" under the ground. I've also thought that Stan wanted to bring football back to St Louis all along despite some real contentious dealings and will play this thing right up to the end to get the best deal he can to play in the new river front stadium.

I don't however think the St Louis stadium deal goes the way Nixon laid out. He has it to where $650 million is private money - a minimum of that being $450 million coming out of Stan's pockets with no mention of how the lease is to be structured. I think Stan will pressure the NFL to lean on the task force and the Governor to get creative with their financing and revenue streams. The trade off is that he agrees to keep the Rams in the Lou.

The problem comes in if St Louis hits any kind of a snag, Stan is free to move and my guess is really the only viable option for LA. Sorry - I just don't buy the Carson project.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Both.

Check out a schedule E.

It's basically an income statement.

Income at the top, expenses, then bottom line profit or loss.

On a rental property, that's pretty obvious.

But even a vacation home you rent out part of the year. Whatever income you derive minus expenses, which includes taxes, insurance, utilities, all of it.

Bottom line is usually a loss... that carries forward to offset your total income... reducing your overall tax liability!
Interesting. I thought (it has been a while) that interest expense on second homes was not deductible. I wonder if I'm only thinking non-income producing. I was going to buy a piece of property several years out so that I would have a ready hunt camp adjacent to an area we used to hunt and fish. At the time, I couldn't deduct interest or taxes on that property.

Anyway - I now don't remember how this is supposed to apply to the utilization of bonds toward a new stadium. Meh... the courts will decide that I suppose.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Chargers get it done in SD (who in their right mind would want to leave SD, Ca?)
Right? The most perfect weather in the entire world and the area still feels somehow like a beach town.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry that's the least likely scenario...Kronke's not giving up his franchise for a "Chance." to get the Broncos, plus there is a trust that Pat Bowlen set up for his family.

So you feel that Kroenke is going to give up the Inglewood project and his football team? I just don't think IMO that happens...Call me crazy.
Crazy.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FRANK+FONTAINE.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When did it go up?

This from the interview with Nixon:

On the private side, you've got $600 million, which is made up of the (NFL G4 fund), the team owner about $250 million and you got the stadium licenses, which is about $150 million.
I think his $600 million figure is off because the NFL just raised the G4 to $250 million and I have little doubt that they will be after all of it. I figured Stan is on the hook for at least $50 million he has to pay back directly so that means $200 million is in the form of a forgivable loan that would be paid back with shared proceeds provided the team reaches certain bench marks in sales.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. I thought (it has been a while) that interest expense on second homes was not deductible. I wonder if I'm only thinking non-income producing. I was going to buy a piece of property several years out so that I would have a ready hunt camp adjacent to an area we used to hunt and fish. At the time, I couldn't deduct interest or taxes on that property.

Anyway - I now don't remember how this is supposed to apply to the utilization of bonds toward a new stadium. Meh... the courts will decide that I suppose.
It was originally brought up as an example of skirting the rules. Which your example is a good one of. You could max out your equity in your primary and pull cash out to buy a 2nd home. You could write off the mortgage interest on the loan as its secured to your primary. However a loan on the 2nd home you can't write off the interest.
Again as I originally stated its not an apples to apples example.
From what I've read about the bonds it's a stretch to use refinancing them to build the new stadium and I think it's shady.

In threads like these sidebar discussions have a life of their own.

Back on topic,
Last week I thought Rams to LA was pretty much a certainty.
This week? Seems like St Lou is strong again. Ultimately IMO the fate of where the Rams play has less to do with the St Louis proposal as it does with Carson/San Diego/Oakland

bluecoconuts

Legend
Right? The most perfect weather in the entire world and the area still feels somehow like a beach town.

Yeah, San Diego is seriously beautiful. I went there to train with some Marines once, they were complaining about how much post sucked... As they were doing beach assault drills. We just about smacked them all upside the head, we loved it. It was like vacation.

Same with Hawaii, had to go there for training, the Navy, Air Force, and Marines are all right on the coast. Army? Middle of the mountains, can't even see the water.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I don't know what's taking them so long to release them... For any city, it should be in the respective task forces hands by now correct? I don't think any of them are very good...

The SD ones must have been descent or we would have heard something from the Chargers. The city might be holding them back there so they don't cause issues with the negotiations. The surveys really don't matter in Oakland plus who would they send them too and if it was Schaff she probably wouldn't care.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Same with Hawaii, had to go there for training, the Air Force, right on the coast. Army? Middle of the mountains, can't even see the water.

And that's the way it should be!

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one heckuva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame.
Hey! Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This from the interview with Nixon:

I think his $600 million figure is off because the NFL just raised the G4 to $250 million and I have little doubt that they will be after all of it. I figured Stan is on the hook for at least $50 million he has to pay back directly so that means $200 million is in the form of a forgivable loan that would be paid back with shared proceeds provided the team reaches certain bench marks in sales.

Ah, ok. I was thinking about Kroenke's part. I wasn't throwing the stadium license in there.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Ultimately IMO the fate of where the Rams play has less to do with the St Louis proposal as it does with Carson/San Diego/Oakland

Which is sad. The home market's ability to come up with a new stadium and support the team should be the deciding factors in these decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.