Nerd of the Year Award

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

First Nerd to Wear Guardian Helmet

• Total voters

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
While that is true, Chapman's death was cited as one of the main reasons why they should become mandatory when it passed.

It may have been, but I'd bet the Tony Conigliaro beaning in 1967 had as much to do with with the timing as anything.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It may have been, but I'd bet the Tony Conigliaro beaning in 1967 had as much to do with with the timing as anything.

Also agreed, but Chapman's death was cited as the biggest reason for the mandatory change, along with Mickey Cochrane's near-fatal and career-ending injury - Cochrane himself gave a statement saying that players should "absolutely have to wear protective headgear" - for the change. It didn't hold until much later, unfortunately; Ford Frick tried his best to make it mandatory, but it didn't stick.

But back to this subject: the new helmet could make Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" look like a fucking alpha jock, and I'd still prefer it over a player dying on the field or shortly after. Reputations can be lost or earned and kept; lives are absolutely irreplaceable.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guardian helmets? Pfffft! This all they need.

human-grade-tin-foil-hat_400x333.jpg
@Loyal ~ Hey I wear this on the toilet while I read the news