Nerd of the Year Award

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

First Nerd to Wear Guardian Helmet

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's right, the Guardian helmet will be allowed to protect the ole' melon during the regular season. Pick the first "nerd" to wear this horrific looking helmet. Not saying that it isn't smart, btw. Congrats to Brad Perna for this poll question! name your Nerd if you have a different choice!

View: https://i.imgur.com/jUV10oC.gif

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That's right, the Guardian helmet will be allowed to protect the ole' melon during the regular season. Pick the first "nerd" to wear this horrific looking helmet. Not saying that it isn't smart, btw. Congrats to Brad Perna for this poll question! name your Nerd if you have a different choice!

View: https://i.imgur.com/jUV10oC.gif

Jonathan Taylor wore it last week in the Colts pre-season game.

1723931991238.png

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Aaron Rodgers is a reasonable bet. His helmet already makes him look like Kazoo.

Also if and when this becomes a thing I am done with the NFL. Seeing the helmets is important to me for whatever reason.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I don't know why this is so unpopular.

We ALMOST lost Stafford for good with concussion issues. I pray he considers this myself. I could GAF what it looks like. Kareem and ED wore goofy goggles and today they are considered iconic.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If it prevents concussions and other things, I'd be all for it. Technology rolls on. Remember those flimsy-ass helmets players used to wear? Remember that goalies once didn't wear masks in hockey (and skaters didn't wear helmets)? And it took a fastball killing Ray Chapman for there to be helmets on batters in baseball - and sadly, it may take the death of a pitcher from a line-drive screaming at their head for there to be protective gear on them as well.

If this prevents injuries and potentially death, I'm all for it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And to think I used to jump ditches at 45mph on a mini bike with no helmet at all.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well ... not exactly. Chapman died in 1920. Batting helmets became mandatory in 1970.

While that is true, Chapman's death was cited as one of the main reasons why they should become mandatory when it passed.