Need some advice...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good luck man. Some times you just have to take some chances - especially while you're young. Cheers.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's a £6k (roughly $9k) pay rise. I'm 25 and don't have any dependants. I need to make more money to pay student debt and start saving for a deposit for a house.

It's actually a really hard decision haha

It's actually not a hard decision and I'll help because that's how I roll LOL.

When I was younger I got a promotion and was managing 8 retail stores for a company that had 13, I was a district manager. One day I was in the corporate office and I was trying to figure out what to do in a certain situation. So I walked down to the VP's office and keep in mind he and I had a great relationship. So I posed the query at him and this is what he said:

"Go back to your office and take out a bank deposit slip and stare at it, if the answer doesn't come to you in in a few minutes you're the wrong guy for the job".

That lesson stuck with me!!!

Always, and I mean always, go get the money.

And as you say in a couple of years the new gig makes you even more employable.

Stability will mean something, but it can wait, you're young. Roll the fuckin' dice every now and again because that's the only way to come up a winner.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's actually not a hard decision and I'll help because that's how I roll LOL.

When I was younger I got a promotion and was managing 8 retail stores for a company that had 13, I was a district manager. One day I was in the corporate office and I was trying to figure out what to do in a certain situation. So I walked down to the VP's office and keep in mind he and I had a great relationship. So I posed the query at him and this is what he said:

"Go back to your office and take out a bank deposit slip and stare at it, if the answer doesn't come to you in in a few minutes you're the wrong guy for the job".

That lesson stuck with me!!!

Always, and I mean always, go get the money.

And as you say in a couple of years the new gig makes you even more employable.

Stability will mean something, but it can wait, you're young. Roll the freakin' dice every now and again because that's the only way to come up a winner.

Alright Jerry Maguire, I'll bear that in mind!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
A wise man once told me, " find work that you love to do and never work another day in your life." And if that just isn't possible, take the money and run but get a good tax attorney because Uncle Sugar is going to have his hand out in a bigger way.

I started vacation last week and my union brothers took a vote that will result in me getting a $10k + raise at the expense of losing some defined job duties and some seniority benefits. Talking about selling out, that is the epitome of the phrase. So the only choice I have is to take the money and run. Come on retirement. You can't get here fast enough.