Need Some Advice (paypal Dispute)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Joe. What was the final outcome in your case? Just curious as I use Paypal to sell too.

I got fucked. They gave him the money because their policy (at the time) was if you sell anything over $250 (sold my item for $600) you have to ship with signature confirmation which I didn't do.. so even though I provided them with tracking info that shows they were delivered to this asshole.. there was "nothing they could do"

and of course a few weeks after I lost the case they changed their policy so that anything over $700 requires signature confirmation

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Damn man that fucking blows. I bought a knife just this past week off ebay and the seller was great. Emailed me with the tracking info and updated me on the tracking everyday.

Really sorry to hear you got scammed. Hate people like that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah that really sucks. I have bought many knives over the years with no problems. Nearly all of them have come through a forum community similar to this one- Bark River Knife and tool on Knifeforms.com Some of the best knives on the market IMO. I am always leery of buying or selling from Craigs list or similar sites. I have had only one negative incident with EBay over the years. A pawn shop tried to change the shipping, thinking I would just hit the pay it now button and not look at the price. I caught it though and the guy had the gall to get bitchy about it saying that the price I got was like stealing the item and even with the extra shipping I was getting a deal. I reported him and he reset the shipping when EBay got involved....then he spammed my feedback with negative responses. What a Dick.

That sucks that Paypal didn't side with you. I never knew about the signing for shipments limits. Did you just drop it then? Or is the Post Office involved? Or Police? Did you show them the Facebook link where he tried to sell it?

Is the guy within driving distance where you can go up to his door and Dick Punch him when he answers?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Damn that sucks man.. I would call local law enforcement on him and also file a small claims court against him. Even if you don't show up it puts his name in the local paper.. One reason I don't sell on Ebay or use Paypal much anymore is what happened to you. I've been there before and I'm an honest seller. Buyers know how to manipulate the system. I'm thinking me and you should do a Jay and Silent Bob on this cats arse.. lol

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yeah that really sucks. I have bought many knives over the years with no problems. Nearly all of them have come through a forum community similar to this one- Bark River Knife and tool on Knifeforms.com Some of the best knives on the market IMO.

Havent checked those out but will. I am a big knife fan. Once i start working again will buy more.

Maybe we should start a thread on this topic lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Havent checked those out but will. I am a big knife fan. Once i start working again will buy more.

Maybe we should start a thread on this topic lol

I am a big knife fan too. They were the first designed tool by man and to this day he is still redesigning them. Many people search for their perfect knife but reality is that their are different designs for different purposes. Barkies are well made and they use the latest steels. Some of the newer stuff is fantastic for holding an edge. They are all fixed blades. Dlttrading.com has a nice selection of Bark River. The nice part is if you don't think a design you bought suits you, you can always sell them on the forum. I have the same username on all the forums I visit so if you go there you may see me a little.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Paypal RARELY sides with the seller. RARELY..
I had a case where a webhost totally scammed me for a year's hosting in advance. They never even setup my account or did anything. But Paypal won't interfere in soft-goods or service transactions, so I was out 1-yrs web hosting and got nothing for it. Seller won!

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is why I always use eBay. They protect the buyer and seller. Paypal will too IF you know all the rules.

I've never been scammed through eBay and I sell and buy their daily.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Let's get his phone number. I work shift work and am up all hours of the night. It would be fun to give him a call at 3am every once in awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I appreciate that you're frustrated with this guy, and for good reason... but honestly, posting his address here isn't smart.

If anyone here happens to visit or even just call him, this board could be legally liable.