NBA vs NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

carthy24

UDFA
Name
Matt McCarthy
I wish it worked the same way. Spurs traded #8 for future 30 and 31 first round….must be nice

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wish it worked the same way. Spurs traded #8 for future 30 and 31 first round….must be nice
Is there a salary cap? Or will that #8 pick get a Sam Bradford type of rookie deal? For a sport that only plays five guys at once, those two later picks fill 2/5 of future starters.

Also, maybe there are only 7 elite first rounders and it drops off from there

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah the NBA is about the shittiest possible comp you could have for wanting to model the NFL's future.

Tano

Legend
Yeah the NBA is about the shittiest possible comp you could have for wanting to model the NFL's future.
Yep - I have given up on the NBA since Kobe retired.

Now it is just high scoring games with hardly any defense.

The games almost remind me of All Star games where no one plays defense. It gets boring after just 10 minutes.

I never could watch all star games so how can I watch it now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with many here on the state of the NBA. Its unwatchable for me. I have been a Celtics fan for as long as I can remember and while its cool to see your favorite team win a championship, I would compare it to the excitement of watching a mid December Bowl game...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with many here on the state of the NBA. Its unwatchable for me. I have been a Celtics fan for as long as I can remember and while its cool to see your favorite team win a championship, I would compare it to the excitement of watching a mid December Bowl game...
Magic > Larry Legend...ha!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I followed the NBA and the Lakers specifically from Magic/Kareem to Kobe/Shaq to Kobe/Pau. Just can't get into it anymore.
Yeah, I checked out after the Lakers traded Shaq. Was a diehard fan of Showtime in the 80's, was never a huge Kobie fan, but now the NBA is trash.

The only interest I can muster is as a fan of Villanova basketball, the Knicks were fun to watch, and now they have 4 ex-Cats on their roster. And with college BB going down the shitter as well, basketball just isn't the same.

Ellard80

Legend
draft picks in the NBA don't have near the currency they do in the NFL.

Hard to compare.

Even though there are way less... there really isn't that many out there worth drafting.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Draft picks have less of a chance of hitting in the NBA because there's less of a chance of a true superstar after the first few picks (or first five in a very strong class). Even so-called "lottery picks" (1-15) tend to taper off from the sixth onward; you're lucky if you get a good starter in those picks, and luckier still if the later picks in the first round are decent bench players. In addition, there's less spots on NBA teams, so the picks are even less valuable in the second round on.

NFL picks, on the other hand, can become studs, no matter where they're picked - look no further than Nacua, Turner, Young, Avila, and Williams. There's more spots on an NFL team than any other sport, and that's not even getting into the practice squad.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Is there a salary cap? Or will that #8 pick get a Sam Bradford type of rookie deal? For a sport that only plays five guys at once, those two later picks fill 2/5 of future starters.

Also, maybe there are only 7 elite first rounders and it drops off from there
Unlikely 30 & 31 will ever be 40% of a starting lineup. The fall off outside of the lottery is pretty steep.

EDIT:
Oh shit they got picks in 2030 & 2031 not picks 30 & 31. NBA Draft is so bizzare

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Me too, ya old bastid!
Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN