Names of training camps past: what a difference a season makes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Was looking at an old article about Kevin Peterson and saw the name Nelson Spruce.... I thought "whoa, I had completely forgot about that guy already." And I was high on Spruce making the roster in training camp. Man, what a difference a winning season makes. Seasons past I'd still be hoping for most of these names to finally make that next step to only be disappointed year in and year out. But anyway, random thread for the hell of it. Who else from the last few seasons did we all expect to be the next big thing?

Names long gone and forgotten:
Nelson Spruce- On the Bears PS
Brandon Shippen
Paul McRoberts- recently released from PS... was high on him too
Louis Trinca-Pasat- out of the league
Josh Forest- on Seahawks IR
Mike Jordan- on the Browns
Corey Harkey- out of league... many assumed to have large role still this season
Shakeir Ryan- Made a few splash returns in preseason. So small though... Redskins PS I think.
Aaron Green- Bills PS
Brian Quick- as useless to the Redskins as he was for us

Names not seen but not forgotten. Could make splash next season:
Temarick Hemingway- could be a huge player next season
Sam Rogers- Was never high on this draft pick but maybe?
Dominique Easley- super injury prone... not sure if we'll see again

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dom Easley has been with the Rams on the sideline during games. His surgery went well and he expects to be fully able to participate in off season programs and a full go for OTAs and TC.

I question wheather he can stay healthy a full season after all the knee injuries he's had, but if he can get back to where he was, wow, would be a big addition the Rams DL.

I keep trying to imagine what the Ram DL would have been like had Easley not been injured.

He thinks he can still play. More power to him.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Didn't even realize we'd dumped Forest. I really thought he had a future with this team, but I suppose he just didn't fit as a 3-4 LB.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I still think Hemingway has a huge amount of potential. Carrier is only signed through this year, i believe, and I loved the way he blocked in the preseason. And he's a much better receiver than Carrier.

I think that Rogers could have a role on this team next year.

As for Easley? I'm not sure if he comes back from a third ACL.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't even realize we'd dumped Forest. I really thought he had a future with this team, but I suppose he just didn't fit as a 3-4 LB.
I remember listening to a Seattle ESPN station before Rams @ Seahawks game, and they list Josh Forest as injured and they remarked "who is that?" Kinda sad.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Wide Receiver group has been the most changed group and upgraded group on the team. We all remember the "Spruuuce" chants by a desperate fanbase who looked for him to be a really good WR, and if Fisher would just learn to get Tavon out in space, we'd be cookin' with gas! Some were horrified when Britt was let out of town.."There went our 1000 yard WR!!!!!"

That's why it blows my mind when I hear talking heads explain how bad our WR group is now, because they must not watch the games and only look at stats. McVay's system spreads the ball around to unselfish guys....

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Really wish we kept Forrest, dude looked like he could have grown into a beast and we need to find depth in that position. Really liked Harkey, not sure why he's not in the league anymore. Trinca-pasat was a nice surprise when he was here.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I see a fair amount of love for Hemingway. I don't quite see it though.

McVay had high hopes for him before he was injured, and that injury led to us trading for Carrier. Hemingway's very athletic, and unlike someone like Onobun, he's a good blocker and route runner.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Ian Seau- FA
Marcus Roberson- FA
Duke Williams- CFL
Isaiah Battle- Seahawks
Cam Thomas- FA
Akeem Ayers- Giants

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Has Maurice Alexander caught on anywhere? I see the Seahawks brought him in for a visit, but I don't think anyone ever signed him. Isn't it strange to go from a starting SS, with good PFF ratings, to out of the league?