My WTFRU player of the week is....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
He was studly last year. The first four games, he was not good. I thought he played solid football against SF. They were saying during the game that he's been hurt and is just now getting over it. Might have played a part?

I heard you mention in a recent thread that Quinn has been "pressing" this year (in reference to his lack of sacks), and I agree with your assessment. He's been basically taking the wide angle on almost all of his rushes this year. I can't recall a time we've had him stunt inside or lineup over a guard like we did last year. He has rarely used any of his other moves like the up-and-under, bull rush, or spin.

1. Do you think part of Brockers pass rush production, and the rest of the DL, have been affected by the lack of creativity surrounding Quinn?

2. To me it also felt like we got as much pressure with 4 & 5 man rushes in 2012-13 as we have this year with our sellout blitzes of 7-8 men. I just felt like the stunts and other stuff we did allowed favorable matchups for guys like Quinn and left more guys in coverage (allowing for more time to reach the QB as well for coverage sacks). Now it feels like if the all out blitz doesn't get home the pass is going to be completed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard you mention in a recent thread that Quinn has been "pressing" this year (in reference to his lack of sacks), and I agree with your assessment. He's been basically taking the wide angle on almost all of his rushes this year. I can't recall a time we've had him stunt inside or lineup over a guard like we did last year. He has rarely used any of his other moves like the up-and-under, bull rush, or spin.

1. Do you think part of Brockers pass rush production, and the rest of the DL, have been affected by the lack of creativity surrounding Quinn?

2. To me it also felt like we got as much pressure with 4 & 5 man rushes in 2012-13 as we have this year with our sellout blitzes of 7-8 men. I just felt like the stunts and other stuff we did allowed favorable matchups for guys like Quinn and left more guys in coverage (allowing for more time to reach the QB as well for coverage sacks). Now it feels like if the all out blitz doesn't get home the pass is going to be completed.

I felt like we got more. Much more. C. Long plays a big part in that but I don't like the way we've attacked OLs this year. Interestingly enough, Quinn has actually done extremely well when we've run stunts with him and gotten him matched up with the LG or C.