My Super Early 2022 Rams Draft Watch List

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched highlights of both recently and was really impressed with Covey. For his smaller size, he really gets alot of YAC
I just don't see us drafting a WR. Kupp, Woods, OBJ who I think we bring back, Van, Powell as the return guy and Atwell who I doubt they cut ties with. That's 6 I just can't see if we keep all that a WR drafted.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't see us drafting a WR. Kupp, Woods, OBJ who I think we bring back, Van, Powell as the return guy and Atwell who I doubt they cut ties with. That's 6 I just can't see if we keep all that a WR drafted.
If we drafted Covey, it would be in part because he's a great returner (had three return TDs in 2021).

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Who are you guys noticing as quality interior offensive linemen that might be available in the 3'rd round or later ? With Noteboom, Havenstein, Edwards, Alaric Jackson, Pircher and possibly even Brewer, we may be relatively OK at OT, but depth at OG & Center isn't looking great imo, especially with Allen & Corbett heading towards free agency at the moment.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
@Memento, I'm curious if you have seen much of or have developed an opinion on Missouri CB prospect Allie Green IV, whether you could see him as a mid-round fit for our Rams ?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@Memento, I'm curious if you have seen much of or have developed an opinion on Missouri CB prospect Allie Green IV, whether you could see him as a mid-round fit for our Rams ?

Allie Green IV is originally a Tulsa transfer along with fellow corner Akayleb Evans. I like both of them as developmental cornerbacks. Both are tall (Evans is 6'2", Green is 6'3") lanky corners who excel at press-man coverage. Neither of them have much ball skills (which is what I value most in a corner aside from actual coverage skills). Evans is the more polished prospect, and honestly better than his former Tulsa counterpart. Green is a bit of a chirper; I think Jalen would really like him. Both are very aggressive in coverage, so they'd need to cut down on it to avoid flags.

I think Green is more of a late fifth or early sixth round pick, while Evans could fit as our fourth round pick. I could see them as a fit, but they're definitely developmental corners who will need to be coached out of bad habits.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Dameon Pierce is a guy who will go on Day 3 who can play. If we want a HB who brings more of a power element to the game, he can do that. He was criminally underused at UF. Can block and catch the ball too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiyiFIooR1s

I don't see it in Purdy. Don't think he's a NFL QB.

Love this take. I just finished shouting Pierce and I can't believe he wasn't used more at Florida.

Backs that weigh 220 pounds shouldn't have that level of lateral agility. He has a really short stride which lets him change direction on a dime. He also has really good burst. And like you said, he's good on 3rd downs (as a receiver or in pass pro)

Only negative is that short stride limits his top speed. But I think he has more than enough speed to get the job done in the NFL.