My Rams Offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
This. You redo the deal to make the trade easier.

Would you guys give it up for Mariotta?
No. I would rather have Mariotta than Winston due the lack of the knucklehead factor but still way to much to give up IMO. Neither of these guys are "can't miss" prospects, again IMO. In fact, I have more doubts that faith in both.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
-Fourth Round: Jacoby Glenn, CB, Central Florida

FYI, we traded our 4th for Mark Barron.

-Let Joe Barksdale walk (Good player, we need an upgrade, if we resign it's for depth purposes)
-Third Round: Right Tackle: Corey Robinson

I would not presume that Corey Robinson would be an upgrade over Barksdale. I can accept releasing Long and Wells (as well as letting Davin Joseph go without a fuss), but if so, I'd expect then to use that money to re-sign Barksdale AND another OL player e.g. Hudson who I like a lot. I hate the idea of losing 3/5 of our season ending OL. Put Saffold back at RG where he belongs, and Barksdale will be fine.

Sign LG James Carpenter

I'm kinda meh on Carpenter, both from STL/SEA games as well as his PFF grade, which puts him as #47 / 78 at OG, tho Carpenter played better (per PFF) against teams that were NOT StL. He's ok if he can be signed at a decent price, he'd be an upgrade for sure over Joseph, esp if paired with Hudson. But I wouldn't want to overpay for Carpenter. This draft is pretty deep at OG (no first rounders) and OT (up to 6 first rounders), I can see us picking 2 OL to compete with Barnes, Washington and Jones.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Good luck with that, we decimate the future for a kid that throws four ints. in a half after we JUST were declared the winner in just such a trade in reverse ?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
"Select QB Jameis Winston"
A big no on Winston from me. I just don't see his game translating onto the field. That, and I'm not too thrilled about his off-field character issues. But on the off chance we do somehow draft him, this would be a great place for him to mature with the influence Fisher has on all his previous character issue players.
I like everything else you listed though.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Interesting offseason Speeps. Have to say I am in agreement with most that the bounty is too high for Winston....or Mariotta for that matter. Just my .02, but I would rather keep those picks in hand for next years draft and hope for the best. I also think we should keep Barks and focus on Gs and maybe a C in the draft or FA. Build that OL this year and hope Sammy stays clean. Make QB decision after this season plays out.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'd hire you to be our GM. We need to make a bold move to get a QB. We are desperate at this point and we already have a lot of talent at other positions. Yes, we need to address the OL, but like the OP said we can do that in FA and the draft.

ausmurp

Starter
I've seen a lot people saying that neither of them are anything more but best of a bad class and certainly aren't worth completely selling your future for.

Not sure where you're getting that from. Scouts are saying Winston has Andrew Luck like ceiling/talent on the field. If you take away the off field stuff he is more than worthy of this trade. I would be excited for this.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Winston is worth that and more...but I don't think this is a realistic scenario. Tampa Bay isn't trading down to #10 and losing out on both of the QBs.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Not sure where you're getting that from. Scouts are saying Winston has Andrew Luck like ceiling/talent on the field. If you take away the off field stuff he is more than worthy of this trade. I would be excited for this.
I haven't seen anything close to that... and the problem is you CAN'T take away the off-field stuff. The vast majority of picks with that many red flags end up busts.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I can't get behind releasing Barksdale without actually knowing were getting something good. Letting go of good players because we'll certainly be able to fund better is part of how we became garbage in the first place. I'm also not a fan of letting go of people for not being great all the time.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Winston and DGB? Do you want me to lose a good television and remote?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I was wondering who this year's overhyped "once in a decade" guy is... there's always at least one every year despite what one would think when one hears the term.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that if his maturity issues/off field problems don't stop him, he could be very good.... I just think history shows us that people with this many red flags have odds of doing that slightly less than any random lottery ticket has of being a big winner.

But I will hand to you that I was wrong when I thought there weren't any draft experts who were putting Winston that high.