My Pet Peeve About Superhero Films

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Every time Hollywood spaffs another $200m that could go to original works on yet another god-awful superhero movie my soul dies a little.

Each to their own of course and they're obviously extremely popular. I'd just rather crap on my hands and clap than sit through one, personally.

Except the Marvel movies aren't god awful. If they were, they wouldn't be where they are now, 10 years later after starting with low expectations.

I can't stand movies that rotate around drugs or crime. I don't wanna watch things like that, but I don't say movies like Shawshank are god awful movies. They aren't my cup of tea, but I'm not gonna proclaim them all as god awful.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Oh look someone likes somthing and everyone has to come in and shit on said thing they like real nice guys

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Yeah I was on my phone when I was furiously typing and forgot to add him. Winter Solider was a broken man and brainwashed beyond repair, and had the full goggles, half mask on. He looked bad ass to me. Then slowly over Cap 2 they slowy stripped away the goggles, the mask. He went from Winter Soldier to James Buchanan Barnes in Civil War to simply Bucky in Black Panther and IW.
I forgot he had those in the first movie he appeared in. Good call.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You see, I hate Batman. I don't like Superman, but I hate Batman.

Why? Because doorman is so powerful that he really shouldn't be about to be defeated... But Batman can defeat him. The Flash thinks and perceives time at the attasecond level (the smallest measurement of time) and moves so fast that he shouldn't even get touched every by other really fast guys... But Batman can beat him. The list goes on and on. No matter the "person", no matter the powers, Batman can defeat them. It's soooo stupid and way beyond believability.

The movie trilogy Batman was great because he was a flawed person. He's great by himself with villains like the joker and penguin. Once you put him on the Justice League? Forget it. He could never hang with that group as a regular human. It's impossible. But somehow he still does because... Batman!

I always took it as a messagethatthe rich people in society always win. The almighty dollar! I hate Batman.

I'm only mentioning this cause you seemed so stressed out about it. Batman is not real. He's a fictional character! There is no real Justice League...and there is no Flash!

Okay, we hate the Bat man character. Just like loving or hating any character in any story.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Oh look someone likes somthing and everyone has to come in and crap on said thing they like real nice guys

I don't personally like them. Obviously millions of people do and that's great. Movies are subjective and that's the whole point.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I will admit that they needed to do a better job lighting Black Panther because there were scenes that were so badly lit that it was easier to discern the action in Frank Miller's Sin City which was dark af.

Which scenes?

The first one in Nigeria? That was the purpose so he looks like a badass, only being lit up by muzzle fire.

The Busan, Korea chase? It was lit by the city, and they wanted to show the purple kinetic energy.

The final battle? That took place in the underground vibranium mines, so of course it won't be lit much down there.

Unless you are talking about the movie as a whole, which is subjective, I can't think of any other scenes off the top of my head that were so dark they were hard to see.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I always took it as a messagethatthe rich people in society always win. The almighty dollar! I hate Batman.

I could see that interpretation. It doesn't explain how Batman can casually bench press 1000 pounds or how he's mastered every martial art known to man in his 30s, though. He has too many super human feats to be just a human or even a "peak human", which is how they refer to him, Catwoman, and similar people in the DC universe.