My 2024 views on The Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Views & takes on The Rams players
In 2024!

I’ll start with The QB & a quick view,until something more interesting there comes up.

Matthew Stafford is KEY,no doubt.Keeping upright,healthy & happy should be The Goal!! After Goff’s payday I’d say guarantee His contract.His mindset should be on just BALL.

—Jimmy G a GREAT addition.History says he can take a team to the Super Bowl as a starting QB.

Bennett is just a good story & part of that 2023 Rookie Class.IMO what happened to him helped show how quickly you can be out of Football. Shows what dedication & showing up to work everyday not letting distractions of the outside world effect your performance.
—Add how Ramily(franchise) protects there own & address a problem keeping it in HOUSE(whose)!!

Dresser Winn adds a nice addition to a throwing arm in camp.He’ll get a chance to get coached up.All a young player can ask for in The NFL.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RB - we all saw Kyren Williams establish himself as The Rams starting RB(bye bye Cam) & then to get hurt really hurt The Rams.Plus in short yardage situations struggled.

Blake Corum is just what The Dr. ordered. https://www.therams.com/news/get-to-know-michigan-rb-blake-corum-pick-83
-what wasn’t added was his dad playing for The Rams & is still YOLKED!! You can see the power game changing to help move The Chains.
—Rivers is a grinder !! Got injured add the wrong times.Size & durability are issues.Age 25
Zach Evans - he is a player who has The Right mindset.Really like how he will work hard to get better.Ron Gould likes the Kid(22).Preseason is his to prove himself.
-Boston Scott -IMO becomes the Return guy & will add a mentor(winning veteran 29) to The RB group.Adds depth as well.

—This group should push to help The Running game establish itself again.Depth has been big problem under Les Snead as a GM!!!

Last edited:

Flint

Pro Bowler
Views & takes on The Rams players
In 2024!

I’ll start with The QB & a quick view,until something more interesting there comes up.

Matthew Stafford is KEY,no doubt.Keeping upright,healthy & happy should be The Goal!! After Goff’s payday I’d say guarantee His contract.His mindset should be on just BALL.

—Jimmy G a GREAT addition.History says he can take a team to the Super Bowl as a starting QB.

Bennett is just a good story & part of that 2023 Rookie Class.IMO what happened to him helped show how quickly you can be out of Football. Shows what dedication & showing up to work everyday not letting distractions of the outside world effect your performance.
—Add how Ramily(franchise) protects there own & address a problem keeping it in HOUSE(whose)!!

Dresser Winn adds a nice addition to a throwing arm in camp.He’ll get a chance to get coached up.All a young player can ask for in The NFL.
Absolutely do whatever you can to make Matthew happy.
Jimmy G is a much better fit than some of the other backups we’ve seen lately but how much does he have left if he gets dumped by Vegas?
As for Bennett who knows? This pick was questioned at the time and who knows what his status is now ?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know Purdy has the numbers to support the claim he's the best QB in the NFC. But I still think Stafford is the best QB. Purdy's in a QB friendly system with all pro playmakers. Once that all pro talent starts to decline, I think he'll drop into the pack with guys like Prescott, Hurts, Cousins, etc. I think Goff is better than Purdy. Love might have a shot at being better too. Goff's contract probably means 50 million plus for Purdy. Can they pay Aiyuk and Purdy with the big contracts they have in 2025?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its clear this season is about offense. They went defense in the draft. But relying on rookies to immediately improve the defense is risky. They should be pretty good in a year or two. But not sure how much better they'll be this year. If the offense can score it would force other teams to play catch up. And makes the other offense more predictable for the young guys. I think if the defense is middle of the pack we should be looking at double digit wins. And hopefully the defense starts hitting its stride by the end of the season.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The defense went from #19 (2022) to #19 (2023), so maybe those "young guys" from last year will be better and push them up the board? Plus, this year we have a first rounder which should help more than any other year. Not to mention our 2nd round pick is just 3 slots lower than our highest pick in the McVay era. I have much more confidence in the D. More than I should?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I've said in other threads, I am stoked about the offensive line. We should be able to enforce our will on teams, with the run game.

Williams and Corum will be the best one-two punch we have had in
decades. Both guys have excellent vision and make such sick cuts and have a nose for getting positive yardage. Corum is heavier and will be a terror for other teams in the 4th quarter when trying to close out games on the ground.

Stafford will be the best version of himself. Play action will be a beautiful thing to watch with Coop, Puka and Robinson. I bet the Oline will provide Stafford a second or two more for plays to develop, allowing for more chunk yard plays.

Special teams will not be the horror show as in years past. We have an excellent punter and an extremely talented rookie kicker. Getting a 40 yard FG should not be a gut wrenching experience for us anymore. Boston Scott is the sure handed KR/PR guy we have been wanting and can take it to the house.

The Future's So Bright, I gotta wear shades!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY

JBRam77

UDFA
Still very concerned with our Corners/secondary. I think we should have went after Akhello instead of Tre White. Never heard of a corner being effective after both a torn ACL AND achilles. I don’t want to rely on Kendricks or Durant ever again

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would also add our secondary will be night & day better than last year. Lake was coming on at the end of the season as our ‘star’ position db.. the safety position is near elite imho.
Curl is a stud and will quickly be a fan favourite from day one..I believe we added a day 1 starter in rookie Kinchens who can attack the ball and add play making plays we haven’t had for a while then playing behind them we have is yeast and Taylor etc

Re: Akhello he didn’t sign until a few weeks before training camp if I recall correctly. So I will predict we end up signing him to a team friendly contract

Do t forget our doctor did the surgery & rehab for White so we have extra info on him.

So w/ our offense should be putting up 25+ points a week along w/ our vet secondary it will allow the front 7 time to develop and grow into a good group.

(Dreaming Here)
And if we can get AD99 to return in time for week 1 what would that do internally for the whole team!

oldnotdead

Legend
Clear and Simple:

This is a Super Bowl contender. They have better talent on both sides of the ball than they had in 2021. The OL especially is better, and they have top WR talent. They have the makings of an absolutely scary DL with good depth in that front 7. They are solid at safety with Lake, Curl, Taylor and Kinchen's. They have White and Williams starting outside CBs with Durant behind them. Lake has shown he can play SCB and Taylor is another hybrid DB like Lake.

This team is built to contend for years. That is why Stafford has changed his mind about potentially retiring. This could be the best team he's ever played on and he can see at least 3 more years of being a true contender. He figures that the Rams are probably going to get at least one more Lombardi in the next 3 years. He wants at least one more ring.

This team should get 12 wins this year and 13 wins probably guarantees them the division. I see the 49ers taking a step back. Seattle should be improved but they are at least one to two years away. Geno is a good QB but he isn't going to get them to Super Bowls. Seattle should have grabbed a QB and used Geno as a bridge QB.

IMO the only thing that could derail this team is injuries. Personally, I'm not confident in Stafford's health holding up beyond this year and IMO the Rams also have reservations as well.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Just need someone texting AD99 how good this team looks in camp w/ the hope he might have an itch to play minus training camp

Tano

Legend
I know Purdy has the numbers to support the claim he's the best QB in the NFC. But I still think Stafford is the best QB. Purdy's in a QB friendly system with all pro playmakers. Once that all pro talent starts to decline, I think he'll drop into the pack with guys like Prescott, Hurts, Cousins, etc. I think Goff is better than Purdy. Love might have a shot at being better too. Goff's contract probably means 50 million plus for Purdy. Can they pay Aiyuk and Purdy with the big contracts they have in 2025?
Pfft - Purdy is at best a game manager.

If he played for any other coach (maybe excluding McVay) he would be a back-up at best.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Mine, are in post #23 in the Rams Record at the Bye thread.
Too long to write again here.
Lets just say WE are the beginnings of being the bullies of the NFL team.
And we have the coolest helmets, that means we are the best.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Absolutely do whatever you can to make Matthew happy.
Jimmy G is a much better fit than some of the other backups we’ve seen lately but how much does he have left if he gets dumped by Vegas?
As for Bennett who knows? This pick was questioned at the time and who knows what his status is now ?
I don’t think Jimmy G’s future is as a starter.The questions I’d ask would be
1. What does Jimmy G bring to The Rams ? You’re talking solid Reps(routes) in practice.
2.A veteran presence who has been around The goat & has done it himself.
3.A player who still lives the game & can play at a High Level.
-if your asking about his future past 2024(contract?) then IMO there probably isn’t much there if he is in it for the $$$$$$.Stafford is still 4 years old though & Jummy G is learning the Offense.

S. Bennett was picked right before Aiden from Purdue.That was my choice,but watching training camp.
I thought he see’s the field well.Preseason & everything else sort of was LIFE changing.The Rams showed they are a FIRST CLASS ORGANIZATION.If nothing else his experience as a RAM made The TEAM(WE) Better!!
—Dresser Winn is interesting.Look back at Wolfird(Mcvay) ? The Rams have NEW (OB coaches).

But yes - J.Jackson, Avila, Dotson for a pocket ? Running game.—I’d say that is what Matthew Stafford wants !! That’s the offensive line.

Add A.Jackson & a Healthy Noteboom.Plus Big Rob as The Leader.

Then Hidden Gems from this rookie class ? This RAMS Offensive Line is going to be Special.

My question there do The Rams get anything for There(from) depth ?
TRADES (later,) . Ben Sko is an example.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Its clear this season is about offense. They went defense in the draft. But relying on rookies to immediately improve the defense is risky. They should be pretty good in a year or two. But not sure how much better they'll be this year. If the offense can score it would force other teams to play catch up. And makes the other offense more predictable for the young guys. I think if the defense is middle of the pack we should be looking at double digit wins. And hopefully the defense starts hitting its stride by the end of the season.
I don’t think you’re totally looking at it right IMO. I’ll just say F’- The NINERS & this is not that POST !!
from above.

Saying The Rams didn’t address The defense would be like closing a blind eye.

Yes- looking at The 2024 Draft even shows The same.The Rams addressed there NEEDS!!! IMO was to draft a Sideline to Sideline LBer.

I guess Rosenboom has a lot to prove,but SHULA is counting on him.He was the LBers coach last season.Ernest Jones though is(has been) The Green MIC leader of THE RAMS DEFENSE.

AD99 - what do you do with such a loss ?? That is The Question.Yes rebuilding from The DRAFT with Mcvay having a FIRST RD. Pick(his 1st. as a HC) in an Offensive Draft.There was VALUE!!
- To be continued

Look at The 2 CB’s & SAFETY ? Then the 2024 Draft!

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!
- WTF ? The Rams have a TOTALLY NEW DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD !!!

Willam’s & WHITE - starting CB’s
CURL SS. -Draft 2024 KINCHENS FS

That’s not addressing The Defense to WIN NOW !! The DRAFT is what makes that beautiful. - Talk to Aubrey

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The defense went from #19 (2022) to #19 (2023), so maybe those "young guys" from last year will be better and push them up the board? Plus, this year we have a first rounder which should help more than any other year. Not to mention our 2nd round pick is just 3 slots lower than our highest pick in the McVay era. I have much more confidence in the D. More than I should?
Well - maybe to much confidence in The Rams D’,but why not ? I’m sure The Rams do.

I addressed some of that on my post above. Veteran DB’s ! His good is (was)Whiterspoon. I mean your talking Kendrick is not a starting rookie CB & a 2nd year CB replacing JALEN RAMSEY .

I can continue,but we’ll repost on the subject. BTW- does Hoecht start again ???

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well - maybe to much confidence in The Rams D’,but why not ? I’m sure The Rams do.

I addressed some of that on my post above. Veteran DB’s ! His good is (was)Whiterspoon. I mean your talking Kendrick is not a starting rookie CB & a 2nd year CB replacing JALEN RAMSEY .

I can continue,but we’ll repost on the subject. BTW- does Hoecht start again ???
After the job they did last year (McVay, Morris, the D, the O), I don't think we can have too much confidence in them. They got 4 studs with their first 4 picks. 3 on D. Call me Alfred E. Newman.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Call me Alfred E. Newman.
1716238012364.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
After the job they did last year (McVay, Morris, the D, the O), I don't think we can have too much confidence in them. They got 4 studs with their first 4 picks. 3 on D. Call me Alfred E. Newman.

Didn’t they just sign 3 DB’s who will be starters ? Then add the starters from last year as depth & another season of experience.

—Hard to think The Defensive Backfield won’t be better in 2024,
-Yes so New Man will be called on to help The Defense,including those rookie STUDS.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Clear and Simple:

This is a Super Bowl contender. They have better talent on both sides of the ball than they had in 2021. The OL especially is better, and they have top WR talent. They have the makings of an absolutely scary DL with good depth in that front 7. They are solid at safety with Lake, Curl, Taylor and Kinchen's. They have White and Williams starting outside CBs with Durant behind them. Lake has shown he can play SCB and Taylor is another hybrid DB like Lake.

This team is built to contend for years. That is why Stafford has changed his mind about potentially retiring. This could be the best team he's ever played on and he can see at least 3 more years of being a true contender. He figures that the Rams are probably going to get at least one more Lombardi in the next 3 years. He wants at least one more ring.

This team should get 12 wins this year and 13 wins probably guarantees them the division. I see the 49ers taking a step back. Seattle should be improved but they are at least one to two years away. Geno is a good QB but he isn't going to get them to Super Bowls. Seattle should have grabbed a QB and used Geno as a bridge QB.

IMO the only thing that could derail this team is injuries. Personally, I'm not confident in Stafford's health holding up beyond this year and IMO the Rams also have reservations as well.
Who do you like Rivers or Evans.Blake & Boston are going to push Williams.

Yeast or Kendrick will need to play special teams.