Most interesting person you ever met?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
MontanaRamsFan said:
I mentioned this before in another thread where my father worked for the richest dude in Montana, Dennis Washington. There was a weekend where I was a chauffeur for this huge conference Washington held in Glacier Park back in the 90's. During my three days working it:

1 - I sat at dinner with Herschal Walker and his wife.
2 - Met Colin Powell and Norman Schwarzkopf
3 - Sat at a luncheon with "Magnum P.I." Tom Sellack, and the Judd's, Naomi and Wynonna
4 - Chauffeured John Gresham and his wife through Glacier Park.

It was a great time. Most of those in attendance were pretty cool. The only real POS that I met was Jerry Jones.

Also, in '81, I was at a conference in Las Vegas with my high school from Montana and met "Facts of Life" star Nancy McKeon. She was hot and I even got to give her a kiss.

Damn! Top that anyone!

:lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
I mentioned this before in another thread where my father worked for the richest dude in Montana, Dennis Washington. There was a weekend where I was a chauffeur for this huge conference Washington held in Glacier Park back in the 90's. During my three days working it:

3 - Sat at a luncheon with "Magnum P.I." Tom Sellack, and the Judd's, Naomi and Wynonna

It was a great time. Most of those in attendance were pretty cool. The only real POS that I met was Jerry Jones.

Also, in '81, I was at a conference in Las Vegas with my high school from Montana and [hil]met "Facts of Life" star Nancy McKeon[/hil]. She was hot and I even got to give her a kiss.

Damn! Top that anyone!

I nailed her.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Dude said:
CGI_Ram said:
MontanaRamsFan said:

Also, in '81, I was at a conference in Las Vegas with my high school from Montana and [hil]met "Facts of Life" star Nancy McKeon[/hil]. She was hot and I even got to give her a kiss.

Damn! Top that anyone!

I nailed her.

Top that, anyone?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Got lost at a Cardinal baseball game when I was there with my little league tea.
The ushers took me down behind home plate this guy with a microphone comes over and says
"Ya lost kid?"
"Yeah I can't find my parents"
"Well if they don't come before the game starts you can sit with me"

It was Harry Carey
Parents came I missed the chance

Others :
Walter Williams
Newt Gingrich
grew up with Rush Limbaugh we were next door neighbors
Phil Simms
Curt Flood
Bob Gibson
Ozzie Smith
Whitey Herzog
got drunk at a wedding with Jackie Smith and Larry Wilson
the toper though was
Stan Musial
My uncle took me to his house ,ya know by today's standards it was pretty average

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice. Stan the Man's house. :cheers:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Thordaddy said:
Got lost at a Cardinal baseball game when I was there with my little league tea.
The ushers took me down behind home plate this guy with a microphone comes over and says
"Ya lost kid?"

It was Harry Carey

Others :
Walter Williams
Newt Gingrich
Phil Simms
Curt Flood
Bob Gibson
Ozzie Smith
Whitey Herzog
the toper though was
Stan Musial
My uncle took me to his house ,ya know by today's standards it was pretty average

Was Rush always like he is now, or is he just like a normal guy off air? He seems like he'd be a dickish neighbor.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Most interesting person: The Homeless guy downtown (he goes by the name JR)
Most powerful person: Henry Kissinger

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thordaddy said:
"Ya lost kid?"

It was Harry Carey

Others :
Walter Williams
Newt Gingrich
Phil Simms
Curt Flood
Bob Gibson
Ozzie Smith
Whitey Herzog
the toper though was
Stan Musial
What was Rush like as a kid?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thordaddy said:
"Ya lost kid?"

It was Harry Carey

Others :
Walter Williams
Newt Gingrich
Phil Simms
Curt Flood
Bob Gibson
Ozzie Smith
Whitey Herzog
the toper though was
Stan Musial

I almost missed this one.

Our neighbors in the Bahamas are Rush's pilot and flight attendant. A husband and wife team. They are always on call, but they are able to spend a lot more time in the Bahamas than any other working people. The wife is a faaaareeeeaaaaak,,, but they are great neighbors.

I was going to have the HOOK-UP if Rush would have bought the Rams. I was hoping for that.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
bluecoconuts said:
Was Rush always like he is now, or is he just like a normal guy off air? He seems like he'd be a dickish neighbor.

To some degree Rush was always a little different, not bad but I don't know if you've ever heard that Robin Williams favorite toy was a tape recorder ,same with Rush.

When we were in HS he was a pretty normal guy we never to my recollection ever even spoke about politics and FWIW we would have clashed .

I'm the typical Churchill described liberal to conservative morph, was raised Dem.

His dad was just like he is, his mom Millie, was the greatest loved her like she was my own.
His brother David, we called Davey Gravy,was and is IMO funnier more personable and less pretentious.
Sad people don't give Rush a chance though cuz he's a very crafty guy whose success is not a co-incidence ,he works HARD at what he does and can leave you laughing if you know him well enough to know how to listen.
We haven't spoken in years, last time I saw him was at his mom's funeral.
In the rec. line I hugged David ,Rush was next in the line and I could tell he didn't want a hug and there was a guy standing behind him I took to be a body guard who sort of moved in a way I interpreted to be "ready stance" so I just shook his hand.
I was always better friends with Dave, many of us were big jockish types and most of them treated Dave like a dweeb but he KNEW how to say things that would go right over the dumb jocks heads and make them look so dumb,I'd catch it and laugh my ass off.

Pol-itics is so pol-arizing , in the end he's(Rush) as normal as any of us, Presidents fade from view ,he endures and keeps gaining new friends and enemies every day,the vitriol people spew at him is dehumanizing you have to have a thick skin to do what he does,add to that he's been overweight virtually all his life and took his share of abuse about that.
I think most people would come off a little prickish if they dealt with all he does.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Nice. Stan the Man's house. :cheers:
I was so young I hardly appreciated it, but to this day I can still see in my minds eye Stan hitting a HR that went over the roof of the Rt field stands in the old Sportsmans Park.
The first black person I ever shook their hand or spoke to was Kurt Flood (there were none in the town I grew up in).

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Thordaddy said:
"Ya lost kid?"

It was Harry Carey

Others :
Walter Williams
Newt Gingrich
Phil Simms
Curt Flood
Bob Gibson
Ozzie Smith
Whitey Herzog
the toper though was
Stan Musial

I almost missed this one.

Our neighbors in the Bahamas are Rush's pilot and flight attendant. A husband and wife team. They are always on call, but they are able to spend a lot more time in the Bahamas than any other working people. The wife is a faaaareeeeaaaaak,,, but they are great neighbors.

I was going to have the HOOK-UP if Rush would have bought the Rams. I was hoping for that.
Wasn't that a shame?
PC bullshizzle It turned out OK we got a good owner, but I can promise you he'd have seen to it they won.
Don't want to turn this political though.

BadCompany

Rookie
Somewhat obscure, but I always chuckle when I think about it...

I used to work as a waiter at Red Lobster here in Montreal when one evening Darren Fletcher, long time Expos catcher, walked in with some other dude. It was a Sunday evening, and Fletcher had actually hit a game-winning grand-slam earlier in the day. Me and a fellow waiter, both big Expos fans, were in awe and pretty much hounded Fletch his entire meal, asking him about the game, the hit, various Expos pitchers, being a Major Leaguer and so on. A nicer and more patient man you could not meet, by the way, he answered every question and freely chatted with us. We completely ignored his partner.

Only later did we realize that he was eating with Andy Stankiewicz, a fellow Expo (middle infielder) and long-time Major Leaguer. We spent the whole time fawning over one player without realizing we were in the presence of two!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My mom is a pretty famous western artist - Vel Miller. As a kid I used to go to a lot of shows with her and different events. I've met the likes of Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood, Marty Robbins, Susan Dey, Glen Campbell, Tanya Tucker, Mel Tillis, Larry Gatlin, Don Prudohm, Ben Johnson, etc... Most of these people I only was introduced to, shook hands with and off I went to play with the other artist kids though I did get to hang out in the pits at Laguna Seca near the Newman Racing crew when Paul and James Brolin were doing some racing.

I actually used to baby sit Jess and Josh Brolin when my parents and Jim and Jane Brolin would go out. Josh was a good kid, Jess - not so much.

We met Susan Dey at the Brolin's air strip and it looked like she just crawled out from under a bridge. What a mess. On a different occasion, Mel Tillis flew in with Glen Campbell and Tanya Tucker. Mel's plane was called The Stutter 2 (got a kick out of that as Mel stutters when he talks). Anyway, he got off the plane and right behind him was Glen and then Tanya just screaming at Glen. Mel walked up to Jim Brolin and said, "th th th they've b b b been doing that this whole trip!"

The most memorable though was meeting Slim Pickens. He was the MC at a rodeo during one of my mom's shows. He was hanging out at the house where we were staying. I got the obligatory, "Stu, this is Mr. Pickens, Slim, this is Stu, Vel and Warren's son." I shook his hand (frickin HUGE hand) and started to turn away when he said, "well where you off to?" I turned around and he just started talking to me. About nothing really. He said, "why don't you just sit down" and then proceeded to BS with everyone there. The guy was riveting. I don't think anyone else really said anything. He just sat and told jokes and stories about his rodeo days and had everyone in stitches. Just a kick to be there that day. That was 35 years ago and I've still never met such a likable character.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Very cool Stu.

I remember that Tillis stuttered when he spoke, but the stuttering disappeared when he sang.

Sounds like you spent time with some real Salt of the Earth folks. Hard to find people like that.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Very cool Stu.

I remember that Tillis stuttered when he spoke, but the stuttering disappeared when he sang.

Sounds like you spent time with some real Salt of the Earth folks. Hard to find people like that.
Ya wonder what Tanya was yellin' at Glem about?,probably parkin' the pickle in the wrong jar :omg:

Best reason not to cheat on your wife ............then ya got two women makin' ya miserable :shock:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
Selassie I said:
Very cool Stu.

Ya wonder what Tanya was yellin' at Glem about?,probably parkin' the pickle in the wrong jar :omg:

Best reason not to cheat on your wife ............then ya got two women makin' ya miserable :shock:

George - All of 'em besides Dey, Tucker, and Campbell.

Thor - Sorry to say but it could have been just about anything. Those two got pretty heavy into cocaine back then apparently. Pretty sad too cuz she was freakin' hot in those days.
19800630-750-0.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Very cool Stu.

Yeah - I've met a lot of politicians too but we don't need to go there. They can be interesting people though. Most of the time you just wonder how the hell they got into any kind of position to make decisions.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Campbell 44
Tucker 21

Sounds like a fan-fucking-tastic short term relationship.

She looks very bangable in that pic. Good stuff Stu.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Campbell 44
Tucker 21

Sounds like a fan-fucking-tastic short term relationship.

She looks very bangable in that pic. Good stuff Stu.

Minus the red eyes, she looked very bangable in person too. Ah hell... who am I kidding. She looked bangable red eyes and all.