More speculation: Todd Gurley has arthritis in his knee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Still no quotes from someone of authority. An article of supposition.

I tend to agree but admit that the silence this has all been met with from Gurley and the Rams makes me nervous.

Has he been on social media at all?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I saw on his Twitter yesterday that he recently went to Ric Flair's 70th birthday party. He was at least walking around. Didn't see any type of orthotics (knee braces, etc.), and seemed to be walking around ok. Also, went to a Duke Men's BB practice & hung out w/ Zion; didn't move around much in the video, so I couldn't tell if he had a limp or anything.

So, it's sparse - can't draw any conclusions yet.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Truth will eventually come out, either way. And the end result is most likely going to be that his bell cow days are over. His usage will require a snap count where they try to maximize his availability, so that they'll have him when they need him in the playoffs.

Our RB depth chart is more important now, regardless of what's really the story.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I tend to agree but admit that the silence this has all been met with from Gurley and the Rams makes me nervous.

@LesBaker I agree with you. Obviously something was and probably is something wrong with Gurley's knee, which eventually will be revealed. I just find it ridiculous how a professional writer can write a whole article based on conjecture, even referencing other people's conjecture. But anymore that's what sports writers do.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams and Gurley still claim he was healthy in playoffs and SB. I’ll take their word for it.
All these articles are trash, they all use the same stupid tweet from Howe or the silly “when did you stop beating your wife” article from Breech. Just recycled garbage being accepted as truth.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

He's been all over Instagram. Visited his hometown grade school today I think. Big smiles and no knee brace or wraps on the knee. He's been posting quite a few pics since the last game and they don't show any obvious signs.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
No brace on the knee and no limp? Means nothing for an NFL RB. Can that knee take the rigors of an NFL season is what matters. We should know during this coming season if not before.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I am going out on a limb, ( no pun intended....I think)....

But could it possibly be there were no opportunities to make plays?

I mean is wasn't like we lit up the field offensively the last two games.

I am trying to attach arthritis AT HIS AGE to an ACL repair.

My Father was a doctor and I did play one on TV, but can't see the relation.

And never heard of the thing.

IMO, Todd is fine. Make a hole, and make it wide, he runs like a bandit. and scores big.

I can't imagine how creative our youngest HC in history will be in two years. And Todd will be in that game plan.

I am entirely concerned about LB, ST and center. Not Todd in the very least.

In Snead I DO trust. Why shouldn't I?

The future is blinding bright my brothers and sisters.

GO RAMS!!!

Last edited:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I am going out on a limb, ( no pun intended....I think)....

But could it possibly be there were no opportunities to make plays?

I mean is wasn't like we lit up the field offensively the last two games.

I am trying to attach arthritis AT HIS AGE to an ACL repair.

My Father was a doctor and I did play one on TV, but can't see the relation.

And never heard of the thing.

IMO, Todd is fine. Make a hole, and make it wide, he runs like a bandit. and scores big.

I can't imagine how creative our youngest HC in history will be in two years. And Todd will be in that game plan.

I am entirely concerned about LB, ST and center. Not Todd in the very least.

In Snead I DO trust. Why shouldn't I?

The future is blinding bright my brothers and sisters.

GO RAMS!!!

Arthritis at his age is rare. But he isn't an average 25 year old. What we do know is a few years after his surgery and after leading the NFL in touches over the past 4 seasons he couldn't finish the season in the same form as before. I don't know if he has arthritis. But if he does I would suspect osteoarthritis. For someone with the wear and tear on his knee even at his age I wouldn't be surprised.

BTW the make a hole and make it wide even I can make yards with that.;) I'd be carried off the field of course.:oops:

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
If you look back to the Lions game,The Rams should have kept him on the bench once they had the game won.
Gurley was never the same after that game, or The Rams offense. Snead was also big on less depth at RB because there is only one ball.A bad knee also counts in pass blocking.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dumb question here.
Have you considered a replacement.
My mother got so bad (from being a ballet dancer for years) she couldn't go more than 50 yards without having to stop due to pain. Six or seven months after having it replaced she was hiking mountain trails and that was 25 years ago. I'm sure the tech is great now with knee replacements.
Not a dumb question at all! My general contractor had both knees replaced this year. He was out a month or two. He’s better than ever now. I wonder if athletes would benefit from knee replacement and be able to play again.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if athletes would benefit from knee replacement and be able to play again.

They would certainly benefit from less pain, but they could never play again. Yes, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.