More evidence of Bradford's ineptitude

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Ineptitude" would lend to being innately incompetent. And that's just not the case. These cherries you picked (and 40 is not 20% of 50, btw) are what they are, but again, there are reasons for this. Never mind that you're looking at targets/catches as your evaluation of quarterbacks. That's the primary reason why your numbers have next to zero value. Ask yourself a question. These receivers you listed. Who are their complementary receivers? Why is it that Wallace (a 9 route receiver) has such a high percentage? Roethlisberger is THAT much better than Vick and Rivers?

Sorry guy, but cherry picking doesn't pass the smell test around here.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think it's funny that Painter/Wayne is up there...while Painter is the worst QB in the league.

Even then, all those guys...all of them...has had at least since this year's training camp to practice.

Lloyd/Bradford have...what...5 practices and a couple walkthroughs?

Mike Wallace/Roethlisberger...who have been together for 3 years now, in the same system w/ the same coaches? Bruce Arians, BTW,...is bashed in almost a near weekly basis.

Aaron Rodgers and Jennings...LMAO they've been together 4 5 fuckin years.

This ridiculousness of this post..is just...so IDK even what.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Bradford and Lloyd havent perfected their timing with each other either. They only had 7 practices together prior to last weeks game, and half of those Bradford was dealing with his high ankle sprain. Most of the guys on that list have been together for years.

7 practices vs years. Hmmm, kinda sounds like comparing apples to oranges.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Lloyd gets 30 catches it goes from a 6th round to a 5th round.

It's not just games. It's about practices. Other than Feeley to Lloyd, all of those players had at least the offseason to work on timing with their receivers.

But back to my first question, if not Bradford, then who?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Horns of Gold said:
X said:
and 40 is not 20% of 50, btw.

Thank you for pointing that error. What I meant to say is that 40 would be 20% FROM 50.

And this was not an exercise in cherry picking at all. In looking to see how many catches Lloyd had to get to 30 and thus earn a 4th round pick for Denver, I saw his low % of catches to targets and then proceeded to look at the %'s for the first 22 go-to WR's I clicked on. There is a line (and I'll let you argue about how fine that line is) between "cherry picking" and being completely random in my comparison group.

I also knew the #1 excuse people would give for Bradford would be his practice time with Lloyd. Let's see how other current starting QB's favored in their first three games:

Painter to Wayne: 13 for 21, 62%
Collins to Wayne: 14 for 32, 44%
Ponder to Harvin: 13 for 17, 76%
Feeley to Lloyd: 12 for 25, 48%
Palko to Bowe: 7 for 9, 78% (one game)
Locker to Washington: 9 for 9, 100% (one game)
Gabbert to Smith: 12 for 26, 46%

Yep, still worse than the worst.
That's all well and good, but it's still cherry picking. I'm saying you're not accounting for everything. You're using numbers you picked at random, presented them to make a case Bradford is "inept", and that's the argument you're presenting as "fact." If you're not trying to do that, then why use the word "inept"?

Did you happen to see what his numbers were with Clayton last year? How about his numbers with Alexander? I think you'll be surprised by those things, but you're not willing to do that because it would render your argument that he's "inept", invalid.

Look, we all know the kid is struggling, but there are reasons for that. If your objective is to try and "prove" that he's inept, then you're not going to be successful. There aren't very many (if any) people who share that view. He's simply having a hard time this year. That doesn't define his talent level, or his future productivity. It only proves he's struggling NOW.

And further proof that you're cherry picking would be the targets/catches stat. That doesn't account for drops, for passes that were only in the vicinity of the receiver, passes broken up, hurries, etc. That's a receiver statistic. Not a quarterback statistic. DeSean Jackson led the world in drops last year and those same stats you're using now, reflected that. Does that mean Vick is a bad QB?

You're just barking up the wrong tree. That's all.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Angry Ram said:
I think it's funny that Painter/Wayne is up there...while Painter is the worst QB in the league.

Even then, all those guys...all of them...has had at least since this year's training camp to practice.

Lloyd/Bradford have...what...5 practices and a couple walkthroughs?

Mike Wallace/Roethlisberger...who have been together for 3 years now, in the same system w/ the same coaches? Bruce Arians, BTW,...is bashed in almost a near weekly basis.

Aaron Rodgers and Jennings...LMAO they've been together 4 5 freakin years.

This ridiculousness of this post..is just...so IDK even what.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This OP is way too Ramstalk-ish for my taste.

While we certainly have our issues, Bradford is not one of them. I could careless about this one stat.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Horns of Gold said:
Random Completion Percentages for Number One Receivers:
Boldin: 53%
Colston: 75%
Holmes: 55% * Sanchez
Marshall: 61% * Henne/Moore
White: 55%
Jennings: 69%
V. Jackson: 53%
S. Smith: 62% * Newton
AJ Green: 61% * Dalton
Nicks: 59%
Fitzgerald: 52% *Kolb/Skelton
Bowe 54% * Casell
D. Jackson: 54%
S. Rice: 58% * Jackson
Wayne: 51% * Painter
Harvin: 73% * McNabb/Ponder
C. Johnson: 58%
S. Johnson: 58%
Austin: 62%
Washington: 72%
Wallace: 72%
BRADFORD TO LLOYD: 14 for 36, 39%

These were the first 22 #1 guys I figured percentages for. If there is anyone under 50%, I didn't see him. This is an absolutely horrible statistic. The QB's with an (*) next to their names aren't exactly the NFL's elite here.

And since 40 is 20% of 50, Bradford isn't only the least accurate QB when throwing to his primary target, he is over 20% worse than the worst. My Lord!!!

Sam has played a total of 22 games so far in his professional career and your ready to call him a bust. You can't see the bigger picture of what is really going on with this team this season. Yeah let's blame it all on the QB. :jerkoff:

Go sell your "snake oil" some place else.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nah, it's not cherry picking. At all. :roll:

Bradford to Greg Salas: 38 targets, 27 catches. 71%.
(that would be 4th on the OP's list. Meaning, Bradford is the 4th best QB)

Salas, btw, was the primary read before Lloyd arrived.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I'm sure this post would work well over at the PD!!
Maybe try your luck there.
GO RAMS!!!!

steferfootball

Starter
I think I heard Tim Ryan say last week that they had practiced 7 times together going into last week.

Give it some time.

Not to mention that our receivers are struggling to get separation, our OL doesn't block well, and as of last week we can't run the ball.

Not much is going well on offense. Bradford is part of the problem but only in the sense that he isn't the solution to our problems. Most second year QBs are coddled. Ours is beaten.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
"Ineptitude" would lend to being innately incompetent. And that's just not the case. These cherries you picked (and 40 is not 20% of 50, btw) are what they are, but again, there are reasons for this. Never mind that you're looking at targets/catches as your evaluation of quarterbacks. That's the primary reason why your numbers have next to zero value. Ask yourself a question. These receivers you listed. Who are their complementary receivers? Why is it that Wallace (a 9 route receiver) has such a high percentage? Roethlisberger is THAT much better than Vick and Rivers?

How about L. Robinson? Over the last 5 games he's scored (2) TD's, TWICE and has 5 scores over that same period. I'm not using him as an example exactly, instead, I'm using this as a......oh hell, I don't know what exactly other than this thing is sooooo messed up. :bummed: It's one thing to have incompetent leadership, its' quite another to implode like this. What ever the problems actually are, we need change and in a hurry....this season is lost, how many other players must be injured or lost before this thing ends?

I want Bradford off the field (to save him), they won't do it, but that's what I want. :amped:

Anonymous

ramsince62 said:
I want Bradford off the field (to save him), they won't do it, but that's what I want. :amped:

No doubt! But like you said it won't happen. I don't follow the injury reports but I'm having indigestion thinking about Adrian Wilson greeting SB in the backfield. :sick:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
squeaky wheel said:
ramsince62 said:

No doubt! But like you said it won't happen. I don't follow the injury reports but I'm having indigestion thinking about Adrian Wilson greeting SB in the backfield. :sick:

I print out the position roster on the first day of the regular season, then I use that template going forward to record both playing and non-playing injuries. Naturally, I also record each and every IR, release, etc. If you were to see that original roster today, with the cross outs, switches, changes, new entries, etc., just the visualization of it would make you puke....it does me everytime I pick it up.....I've seen better personnel rosters in military combat companies. :amped:

Anonymous

ramsince62 said:
squeaky wheel said:
ramsince62 said:

I print out the position roster on the first day of the regular season, then I use that template going forward to record both playing and non-playing injuries. Naturally, I also record each and every IR, release, etc. If you were to see that original roster today, with the cross outs, switches, changes, new entries, etc., just the visualization of it would make you puke....it does me everytime I pick it up.....I've seen better personnel rosters in military combat companies. :amped:

Ouch! Took a look at Incognito...he's started 10 games this season.