CAMP REPORT Monday July 29 Camp Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of coaches one of these guys who I expect will be a top name this upcoming offseason for OC jobs will be Nick Caley. According to rumors at least he already turned down an offer to run the Patriots offense this year, so there's no doubt in my mind he is on the league radar as a top choice for next year's staffs when the feeding frenzy begins.

From my perspective Caley has positively impacted this staff from the moment he came onboard, by upgrading their ability to see talent. We saw the Rams finally draft a TE who looks the part in Allen, who if he continues his rise will be the first TE they have hit on in the draft in McVay's era as Rams head coach. Allen is a big boy but he moves well in space and has great hands. Then the move to go get an underappreciated TE from Seattle in FA who is even bigger has resulted in what looks like a complete overhaul of the TE room, to the extent that they haven't missed a beat in camp thus far even with Higs out.

Two years ago Higs missing this much time would have been a catastrophe. Nothing against the old TE depth group, who deserves cred for stepping up during our title run, but this season's group is far better when you consider that Higs will probably return at some point this season, being four deep on guys I would call starter quality players (Higs, Allen, Parkinson, Long).

Also intriguing is the way Caley has moved to integrate move blocks into the Rams system. This was alluded to in a recent Athletic article by Jourdan, and I suspect this had to do with why Caley passed on the Patriots job. Creatively tying in the TE group and working timing of move blocks in the OTA teaching periods without violating the rules on contact is the kind of next level mentality that McVay needs on his staff.

Looking at the staff changes overall it feels like McVay has made this organization stronger. Still think Henderson was a big loss, and there's a lot of unknowns on the defensive side overall. But the offense is the best it's been in years IMO with two strong coaches leading the charge at TE and RB and I can't wait to see what the overall effect is on this offense. Will it finally result in a run game that McVay is confident enough in to dial it up when it matters. I sure hope so.
Merlin be like this revvin up his Super Bowl dance in July!!!

View: https://i.imgur.com/CYc8Kb8.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
But Loyal can't let Merlin out dance him.

wow2022.gif

WestCoastRam

Legend
IF X continues to shine as our return guy.... and Johnson continues to shine.... Tutu may be on the block
Tutu has something no one else has on the roster though, speed. Smith is fast but it doesn't seem like he can use that speed to take the top off defenses like Tutu, nor do I think he can catch as well but perhaps that's changed.

Gonna be a tough cut at WR for sure though.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Tutu has something no one else has on the roster though, speed. Smith is fast but it doesn't seem like he can use that speed to take the top off defenses like Tutu, nor do I think he can catch as well but perhaps that's changed.

Gonna be a tough cut at WR for sure though.
It's a talent tracking the ball over your shoulder while pacing the catch. Tutu can do that and so has to be respected at all times when in the lineup

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Jourdan's Athletic write-up this morning is good but doesn't really tell us anything we aren't hearing from Bubba & VRF along with the tweets and what other members have added in the camp reports threads. What she does so great is summarize neatly all in one place

Hoecht is taking on more of a leadership role and being very vocal he is also leading by example playing with his "hair on fire"

Adding Jimmy G allows the practices to be more fluid and efficient.

Tyler Johnson is having a very good camp

Fiske is making his mark and getting attention from the coaches (looking like he should make an impact year 1)

Dotson is very good

Brennan Jackson has some swagger (looking forward to seeing him in preseason)
for some reason I can't find the article you are referencing. I subscribe but the latest article on the rams is the 25th. Got a link.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don