CAMP REPORT Monday July 29 Camp Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes, there will be a TC report tonight, almost wasn't, had to get the RV to the shop, anyway that got done.
Rumor is pads go on today. I will post that as soon as I know. No VFR pics today, he had family comitment
so I gotta do this one on my own.

ramzie4718

UDFA
Name
Markus
Been reading your training camp reports for years now and its one of my favorite times of the year. Thanks a lot and keep it up.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hey @bubbaramfan , how early do you suggest getting to the gate line in order to get in with enough time to stroll about, meet the legends, etc.? I assume its slightly different then last years venue as they allowed more guests last year. Say gate opens at 3:30, should we arrive by 2:30? Thanks bud

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When they say gates open at 3:30, the line starts at 2:00. People get here early because seats are limited in the stands. Get here AT LEAST an hour early if you want to get decent seats in the stands. You can't see much from ground level

Psycho_X

Legend

Angry Ron Swanson GIF
That Sucks The Office GIF

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
What are they charging for parking at LMU?
$15 dollars. Cards only. You can use the kiosk behind the porta johns in the parking lot or there is a QR code you can scan with your phone then enter all the information; email, license, credit card. Somewhat of a pain, I like the kiosk, much simpler.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Practice over, 405 jam packed so I got off to an olive garden for dinner to let traffic die down.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Phew! What a long day. TC was packed. Biggest crowd so far. Lots of disappointed people as Matt Stafford was given the day off. He was there in tee and shorts hanging with Big Whitt. Finally got to see Bennett with 11 on 11. He didn't do bad, hooked up with TuTu and Kupp, tried to run when no one was open, didn't get much.

They were in pads, di a lot of stretching, then separated into position groups. QB's RB's practiced hand offs, Wiglasz, Smith, Winn Wittington took turns fielding punts from the juggs machine. Xavier Smith hands down the best of them.

Notes from my voice recorder: Bruss now wearing a brace on his left knee, he only took snaps aon the first series for the 2nd team O.
South end of field Evans practicing punts with a d rush, he gets them off pretty quick, good hang time. Smith again the only one fielding. They worked on punts a good 15 minutes, Josh Wallace and Cam Lampkin raced down as gunnars.

Fun drill with Qb's passing to WR's going 15 to 25 yds with a DB covering. Interesting matchups. Whate on Kupp, Durrant on Nacua, Curl on Robinson. DB's did well.

11on 11's was intense. Lots of had contact. Grappalo and Bennett with some nice passes, and some shitty ones too. Lots of running plays with both Williams and Corum and then a few for Rivvers. Evans got a few handoffs late. Don't think Scott got any.

1st team O stayed the same. 2nd team O got a lot of guys some work. AJ Acuri got work at LT, Warren McClendon got a lot of snaps at RT. Mike McAllister saw work at C. Zach Thomas, Bruss, Leveston Larson all got snaps at G.

Lots of coaching going on between snaps from McVay and Shula. Defense did a good job stuffing the run several times.

McVay had the offense runs a few plays out of 12 personel for the first time. Parkinson on the right and Allen or Hunter on the left. All were running plays.

Thing got heated up between O and D where coaches had to break it up. No punches but lots of yelling.

I like the intensity of the players and coaches. I'm starting to have some confidence this defense can stop the run. The offense is looking real good. Best depth at every position since they came back from ST. Louis. That includes the SB teams. OL is deep. WR is deep. RB is Deep. Even TE.

My standout players today: Fiske, Brennen Jackson, Tyler Johnson and Xavier Smith.

VetRamFan and I are there tomorrow and that may be my last as I have personel stuff to take care of Wednesday.

GN