Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I say it isn't unless they get a top notch one, but who knows. I too get the logic but I think there's no way they are doing that. The top LT's will be gone.
And will cost a fortune to move up to get one. I only really think there are 2 great all around OT's in this class; Alt & Fuaga. I think both are gone in the top 10. The rest all have holes in their game, some have major holes (Mimms, Guyton).

WestCoastRam

Legend
View attachment 65302 NOW, I see it!

Seriously though, while I don't have a poor/negative opinion of Benjamin Allbright, he's not someone I think of as particularly clued-in or connected.

Did Allbright see Zach Wilson to the Broncos? My opinion could change if he called that trade.
TBH, I usually am not paying attention to him until he someone else tells me to. I think he called Will Levis at 4 bull last year. He's usually on top of AFC West and also seems to know more about the Raiders than Raiders beat people sometime. Guys called a couple coaching search jobs for other teams ahead of schedule.

Also doesn't guarantee things which I can't stand, will just give you what it looks like will happen from his sources. So the "it's a lock" comment about who told him about Rams interest in trading up for OT was eeeeeenteresting. Not that the trade would happen, just that that's what they want to do.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
So the "it's a lock" comment about who told him about Rams interest in trading up for OT was eeeeeenteresting.
All these media types throw random guesses out there so that if they are right, they look like a genius.

And there are no repercussions if they’re wrong.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I say it isn't unless they get a top notch one, but who knows. I too get the logic but I think there's no way they are doing that. The top LT's will be gone.
Very possible theyre gone. A lot of rumors that qbs and ot are a run around pick 10

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm not sure anyone is suggesting that Alaric is a better prospect/player then Fautanu. If we could just swap out AJax with Fautanu with no cost, everyone would be extremely happy about it. I think the point is, Alaric is ascending and played well last year. Improving an already pretty solid position on our team isn't as appealing as filling a black hole void on our team. Which could be the defense as a whole.
If they want to take the next step in running gap scheme plays and want a more mobile OT those unhappy will just have to suck it up and see how the rest of the draft goes. Improving the offense, helps the defense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plan A: Latu/Newton/Verse/Murphy/
Mitchell (doubt he'll fall)

Plan B:
DeJean/Wiggins

Plan C:
Trade back and pick best defensive player available
I've read a lot that Murphy could be the first defensive player picked.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've read a lot that Murphy could be the first defensive player picked.
Think he and Turner are now tied as betting favorites for that. I think I'd rather have Murphy then Turner myself. He'd vastly improve our DL.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think he and Turner are now tied as betting favorites for that. I think I'd rather have Murphy then Turner myself. He'd vastly improve our DL.
Either improve our front 7 imo. Turner in the first and Ruke in the second at DT would be amazing

WestCoastRam

Legend
All these media types throw random guesses out there so that if they are right, they look like a genius.

And there are no repercussions if they’re wrong.
That's a pretty broad brush, exactly something an internet poster would do!

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Either improve our front 7 imo. Turner in the first and Ruke in the second at DT would be amazing
I like Murphy/Braswell combo myself. Both are probably not possible without some kind of trade up in the 1st though sadly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree. Do really enjoy his Cosell shows. I don't agree with Cosell on everything, but, you can tell the guy studies a ton of film.
Yeah Cosell is like a lot of them and is just out of left field off. Hell look at Peter Schrager, and I realize he's not a draft study guy, but he has hit the Super Bowl pick like 3 years in a row before the first game. Yet I think last year he got 1 pick right in the first round and that was the 1st pick.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
1713847321908.png