Mizzou

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I. Want. Kris Abrams-Draine. A pick against Kentucky (and one wiped out on a penalty, so it could've easily been two). Four interceptions and nine pass breakups on the season. Perfect coverage. Brady Cook has his favorite targets in Luther Burden III (who is still only a true sophomore) and Theo Wease (former five-star Oklahoma transfer). Brett Norfleet (6'6" 245 lbs. true freshman tight end) and Marquis Johnson (speed demon true freshman wide receiver/returner) are part of a very bright future on offense, and that's not even mentioning that Brady Cook is still only a junior, and we have Sam Horn ready to take his place when Cook eventually leaves.

And then you have the defense. Ennis Rakestraw Jr. wasn't starting, but then Dreyden Norwood came up with a huge forced fumble. Ty-Ron Hopper all over the place at middle linebacker. And while we lack a truly elite starting lineman, we have a lot of very good ones, and have the number one defensive end recruit in the country next year in Williams Nwaneri (the highest ranked recruit we've gotten since Luther Burden III) coming in, along with a very good and very young defensive backfield.

We are going to be players in the SEC East for some time, and if we play this way in all of our SEC games, I can see us upsetting everyone except Georgia (yes, even Tennessee).

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CHECK OUT MIZZOU'S BADASS DEFENSE! No touchdowns allowed to South Carolina, 34-12 final score!

M-I-Z!

Memento

Name
Jemma
Mizzou utterly beat the shit out of Tennessee's ass. 36 - 7. Kept a vaunted running game under 100 yards, and Cody Schrader put himself into draft day considerationn with a 300+ all-purpose yards (the first player in SEC history to rush for over 200 and receive over 100). Mizzou's offensive line has been solid, their defense has been utterly tenacious, and we deserve a huge bowl game this year.

Memento

Name
Jemma
@jrry32 your team and mine~ What are your thoughts?

Memento

Name
Jemma
My team and coach suck. Your team is very good. I'm not expecting much today.

Well, you came pretty damn close to beating us. Definitely more than a few scares, and it was a good game.

Memento

Name
Jemma
How about a total asskicking of Arkansas? Mizzou's going New Year's Bowl-ing!

Memento

Name
Jemma
@Elmgrovegnome

There's a good chance Mizzou plays Penn State in the bowl game. Who do you think wins?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Elmgrovegnome

There's a good chance Mizzou plays Penn State in the bowl game. Who do you think wins?
I have not seen Missouri play. But the Penn State defense is stifling, if the whole squad plays.

It’s still very good even if Chop, King and a few others choose not to play.

The offense has looked better since they canned Yurcich. The last two games were not versus great opponents but Penn State simplified the plan and focused on the strengths of certain playmakers. The results have been very good, especially for Nick Singleton. They also started playing their deep threat WR more, and focused on the three tight ends, who are their best pass catchers

I’m going to say PSU wins, because of the Manny Diaz defense, plus I’m biased too :laugh2:

Penn state kept Michigan to 24 points and Ohio State to 20. If they do that to Missouri, I suspect that PSU can win.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
1701360279042.png

People think Penn State isn’t all that good because they didn’t beat Ohio State and Michigan…once again. But they lost to two of the top three defenses in the league.

The OC Yurcich kept trying to make PSU a passing team despite not having very good receivers. He should have focused on team strengths, like Tight End and runningback, specifically trying to get Singleton in space.

One big weakness is that PSU’s number one receiver is likely a number three on most good teams. It made no sense to try to feature the passing with receivers that can’t separate.

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
I have not seen Missouri play. But the Penn State defense is stifling, if the whole squad plays.

It’s still very good even if Chop, King and a few others choose not to play.

The offense has looked better since they canned Yurcich. The last two games were not versus great opponents but Penn State simplified the plan and focused on the strengths of certain playmakers. The results have been very good, especially for Nick Singleton. They also started playing their deep threat WR more, and focused on the three tight ends, who are their best pass catchers

I’m going to say PSU wins, because of the Manny Diaz defense, plus I’m biased too :laugh2:

Penn state kept Michigan to 24 points and Ohio State to 20. If they do that to Missouri, I suspect that PSU can win.
View attachment 62526

People think Penn State isn’t all that good because they didn’t beat Ohio State and Michigan…once again. But they lost to two of the top three defenses in the league.

The OC Yurcich kept trying to make PSU a passing team despite not having very good receivers. He should have focused on team strengths, like Tight End and runningback, specifically trying to get Singleton in space.

One big weakness is that PSU’s number one receiver is likely a number three on most good teams. It made no sense to try to feature the passing with receivers that can’t separate.

Thanks for the info, Elm.

Missouri's defensive strength is probably their secondary. They have a lot of legit prospects in that secondary (led by Kris Abrams-Draine, but also including Joseph Charleston, Daylan Carnell, Jaylon Carlies, and Dreyden Norwood), and while they have let a few passes go for touchdowns, they're very opportunistic, have forced a lot of turnovers. If Rakestraw's playing (he's been injured a lot of this year), it'll be even tougher to throw against them.

Their front seven are probably the weakest part of the team, but it's not to say that they're bad. It's just that they don't have a legit game-wrecker there, but a lot of very good linemen who form a rotation (gun to my head, I'd probably say Johnny Walker is the most talented, but he can be a bit mercurial). Ty'Ron Hopper, if healthy, is all over the field, and Tristan Newson filled in more than admirably for Hopper.

Offense is the real strength, though. If Brady Cook is on, it could be a very long day for your back seven, especially since Luther Burden III is one of the best receivers in college, and he's supported by Theo Wease Jr., Mekhi Miller, Mookie Cooper, Marquis Johnson, and Brett Norfleet.

The straw that stirs the drink, though, is Cody Schrader, our Doak Walker award finalist, our elite SEC-leading rusher running back. He can catch out of the backfield, split out wide, has underrated burst, but his real skill is his vision and ability to cut and go; he will find any hole and try to get positive yardage. Our offensive line is talented enough to both protect Cook and open huge holes for Schrader; honestly, it may be the most talented offensive line as a whole I've seen at Mizzou.

If you can stop Schrader and run the ball well, you'll win.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMG_8597.jpeg

This is the Athletics current projections. I think this sucks.

My idea: Texas vs Ohio State
PSU vs Mizzou
Tulane vs Louisville
Washington vs Alabama

That makes more sense imo

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yeah, I'd like your suggestions. I don't know much about Florida State, but I have no idea how they got the fourth seed. Wish that the college playoff had its suggestion for next year this year. Yeah, Mizzou would likely lose to Alabama, but it would certainly be a fun thing...and I'd get to dunk on @Loyal and all of the KU fans. :p

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I'd like your suggestions. I don't know much about Florida State, but I have no idea how they got the fourth seed. Wish that the college playoff had its suggestion for next year this year. Yeah, Mizzou would likely lose to Alabama, but it would certainly be a fun thing...and I'd get to dunk on @Loyal and all of the KU fans. :p
ROCK CHALK, JAYHAWK!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Florida State struggled with Louisville. They don’t belong in the final four.

I’m hearing now that PSU will face Ole Miss in a New Years six bowl. Imo Ole Miss is a subpar opponent. I’d rather Mizzou or Oklahoma or even Florida State

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mizzou vs Ohio State. That’s a tough draw. I hope Missouri can kick their butts.

The biggest mystery and gaffe of the enter bowl season is #8 Oregon getting #23 Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl. WTF? They couldn’t get Oregon a better opponen?

LSU is playing unranked Wisconsin. Why not swap them out. LSU vs Oregon could be a fun game. Who wants to watch the Ducks stomp Liberty into the ground?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Mizzou vs Ohio State. That’s a tough draw. I hope Missouri can kick their butts.

The biggest mystery and gaffe of the enter bowl season is #8 Oregon getting #23 Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl. WTF? They couldn’t get Oregon a better opponen?

LSU is playing unranked Wisconsin. Why not swap them out. LSU vs Oregon could be a fun game. Who wants to watch the Ducks stomp Liberty into the ground?

Depends on if Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka play. Our secondary is elite and has six legit NFL prospects (not counting backups) with Kris Abrams-Draine leading the way, so Ohio State's going to have a tough time passing.

And our O-line was voted best in the SEC, so it's going to be hard for Ohio State to rush the passer as well. Luther Burden III is going to be an extremely tough matchup for Ohio State's corners, Cody Schrader is a Doak award finalist (if not outright winner), and we have tons of weapons aside from them. All depends on if Cook is on. If he is, Mizzou wins, even if MH Jr. and Egbuka play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Depends on if Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka play. Our secondary is elite and has six legit NFL prospects (not counting backups) with Kris Abrams-Draine leading the way, so Ohio State's going to have a tough time passing.

And our O-line was voted best in the SEC, so it's going to be hard for Ohio State to rush the passer as well. Luther Burden III is going to be an extremely tough matchup for Ohio State's corners, Cody Schrader is a Doak award finalist (if not outright winner), and we have tons of weapons aside from them. All depends on if Cook is on. If he is, Mizzou wins, even if MH Jr. and Egbuka play.
Well, I will be rooting for Missouri. It sounds like a good one to watch.