MIZ---------------------------------------ZOU

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
I haven't been impressed with Mauk at all. His throwing motion reminds me of Tebow.

I'll take Franklin everyday.

I don't see that at all. Tebow took forever to release the ball due to his wind up. I don't see that wind up in Mauk. Mauk has a cannon, too. Tebow didn't. Mauk just needs to work on his footwork and the mental portion and the rest will fall in place, IMO. As of right now, though, I agree that Franklin gives you the best chance at winning.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
As an outsider looking in I'll throw in my unsolicited 2 cents;

1)The game's in the heart of SEC country (duh) Mizzou is only in it's 2nd yr (duh) You can bet it's a homer for Auburn, they'll get all the breaks that come with it.

2) That being said, Holy Shlt... Auburn's has got to be the luckiest team ever, I remember them being out played at home in September vs Washington St. their incredible run of "luck" began there as IMO they were outplayed.

3) Provided the playing field is level, Mizzou should have their way, I'm about as impressed with Auburn as I am the Buckeyes (yeah big deal)which leads to;

4) Even tho some of us feel Ohio St may not even be a legit top 10 team, if they manage to get by Sparty (and we KNOW FSU wipes the field with Duke) then it sorta would be an injustice if one of the 2 undefeated teams from AQ conference would be left out so that an 1 loss SEC team plays.

FSU/Mizzou would be hell of a game (so would have FSU/Bama)

I guess this means, GO Michigan ST!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As an outsider looking in I'll throw in my unsolicited 2 cents;

1)The game's in the heart of SEC country (duh) Mizzou is only in it's 2nd yr (duh) You can bet it's a homer for Auburn, they'll get all the breaks that come with it.

2) That being said, Holy Shlt... Auburn's has got to be the luckiest team ever, I remember them being out played at home in September vs Washington St. their incredible run of "luck" began there as IMO they were outplayed.

3) Provided the playing field is level, Mizzou should have their way, I'm about as impressed with Auburn as I am the Buckeyes (yeah big deal)which leads to;

4) Even tho some of us feel Ohio St may not even be a legit top 10 team, if they manage to get by Sparty (and we KNOW FSU wipes the field with Duke) then it sorta would be an injustice if one of the 2 undefeated teams from AQ conference would be left out so that an 1 loss SEC team plays.

FSU/Mizzou would be hell of a game (so would have FSU/Bama)

I guess this means, GO Michigan ST!!
YEAH not a bad assessment, that loss to SC (grrrrrr)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't judge Manziel on the past two and a half games. His throwing thumb is busted from hitting it on his lineman's helmet a couple games ago. Not that I like him or anything. Just saying. He didn't look right.

I'm judging Manziel on his body of work. He's way too reliant on bailing out of the pocket.

Yeah,I saw yhay game we kicked your ass all over the field for 3/4 and looked across the line of scrimmage saw a beaten team,let down and forgot to stand on the neck. Wouldn't happen again, but hey at least you can talk smack on a message board even IF we are going to the championship game of a conference all the football experts said we couldn't compete in for 10 years.
I'll give ya this j you have my all time favorite coach,,not gonna defend any bashing anyone wants to come back with about it,just like the ball coach,just do and I'd bet if we'd switched teams that night Spurrier beats Pinkle goin away, not that Pinkle isn't damned good , Spurrier is just a cut above and give him Alabama and Auburn would be goin home too

Is that what happened? I might remember things a little differently. I remember a game where SC shot itself in the foot, brought in its injured starting QB off the bench and then dominated the game 27-7 while he was in over the final 2 or so quarters. I also remember our backup QB overthrowing 3 or 4 TDs in the first 3 quarters.

But hey, it happens. And you guys won some tough games to get your shot. Also got a little lucky but so did SC so I can't complain. We cost ourselves the shot at the SEC Title game. Good luck.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Thanks jrry, im sure the dominoe bragging rights applies for this game for you so NOW you'll be rooting for us.
Hell you should be rooting for us and Mich St. and Hope We get a shot at the National Championship.
You HAVE to admit Mizzou has shown what none thought they would, that we can compete in the SEC.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
That South Carolina loss still bothers me. We were smackin that ass and let up and never should have, especially with such a young QB. It really pisses me off that they kept mizzou at 5 and put Bama at 4, even tho Bama is out of the SEC question. So if Mizzou beats down on Auburn ranked 3rd, I think that should put us in the National Championship. OSU hasn't played a single opponent. They shouldn't even be considered. They should be like Boise State was for all those undefeated years and cast aside for scraps. Just sayin, if we beat auburn by 20+ and don't get it...total bull
Shit

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Sparty can still screw things up for OSU! Mizzou has to beat Auburn first and that's a home game for them!

duckhunter

Starter
I like Mich St's chances in that game.

The Zou just let up early in that SC game which is the same as effing up. Too hard to get momo back when you squander it away.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That South Carolina loss still bothers me. We were smackin that ass and let up and never should have, especially with such a young QB.

Again, I disagree. It may just be the SC homer in me but I remember it pretty differently. I recall SC's defense having their normal game of mediocrity but our offense struggling because our backup QB was consistently overthrowing open WRs(Sam owning Brandon Shell didn't help either). As soon as Shaw came in the game, we started moving the ball.

It would have been an interesting game if both Shaw and Franklin were healthy.

Thanks jrry, im sure the dominoe bragging rights applies for this game for you so NOW you'll be rooting for us.
Hell you should be rooting for us and Mich St. and Hope We get a shot at the National Championship.
You HAVE to admit Mizzou has shown what none thought they would, that we can compete in the SEC.

I doubt I'll be rooting for anyone...other than an Ohio State loss. Whoever can beat FSU(and isn't named Ohio State) is good in my book.

And yea, Mizzou has had a remarkable turnaround this year. Talented team and a heck of a coaching job.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
yep, def the homer in you. We were killing that D. Then we started playing conservative, not wanting the young guy to fuck it up for us. Shaw is def the guy that changed things, but had we had Franklin, it would not have even mattered. But its in the past. Im worried about Saturday

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Again, I disagree. It may just be the SC homer in me but I remember it pretty differently. I recall SC's defense having their normal game of mediocrity but our offense struggling because our backup QB was consistently overthrowing open WRs(Sam owning Brandon Shell didn't help either). As soon as Shaw came in the game, we started moving the ball.

It would have been an interesting game if both Shaw and Franklin were healthy.

I doubt I'll be rooting for anyone...other than an Ohio State loss. Whoever can beat FSU(and isn't named Ohio State) is good in my book.

And yea, Mizzou has had a remarkable turnaround this year. Talented team and a heck of a coaching job.

Yes, that is exactly it.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Ah well WE'RE in da game,so let him do his re constructionist history it's clear he's bitter and needs his fantasy

JK jrry we down, but Mizzou RAH :bigup:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yep, def the homer in you. We were killing that D. Then we started playing conservative, not wanting the young guy to Freak it up for us. Shaw is def the guy that changed things, but had we had Franklin, it would not have even mattered. But its in the past. Im worried about Saturday

Again, if we're assuming you guys have Franklin, you gotta assume we had Shaw for the whole game which makes it an interesting proposition. And Shaw had a pretty strong day(27 points in 2 quarters). Our D did not play well. Story of the year. Clowney is trying to play through the injury and isn't quite as dominant. Aside from Kelcy Quarles, we've had a lot of players playing inconsistent football.

I don't think you guys quite remember how vulnerable your defense was. With good QB play, SC could have put up points earlier on. Shaw proved that. I'll even show you why:
First Drive:
3rd and 3 - Swing pass to Mike Davis in the flat, likely had the first down, Thompson threw it into the dirt short of him

Second Drive:
1st and 10 - Jerrell Adams open on deep corner route for a 20+ yard gain, Thompson overthrew it...Adams couldn't make the diving catch in bounds
3rd and 10 - Damiere Byrd makes the catch on the 17 yard out route but Thompson overthrew it and it was out of bounds

Third Drive:
1st and 10(Mizzou 27) - Bruce runs a wheel route and sits down in a hole in the zone about 15 yards downfield...Thompson overthrows him out of bounds
3rd and 6 - Nick Jones runs a go route, beats the CB and makes the catch...but 2 yards out the back of the end-zone because Thompson overthrew another WR

Fourth Drive:
Mike Davis fumble ends it(Mizzou 31)

Fifth Drive:
Mike Davis fumble ends it(Mizzou 2)

Sixth Drive:
Dylan Thompson Int after overthrowing a ball deep(great coverage though)

Seventh Drive:
Failed 4th and 1 - Turnover on downs

Eighth Drive:
2nd and 6(SC 17) - Damiere Byrd beats his man on a go route for what likely is a TD...Thompson overthrows it and throws it out of bounds
Turnover on Downs later in drive(Mizzou 32)

Connor Shaw comes in for the Ninth Drive. Prior to that, we had 2 fumbles, an int, a missed FG and 2 turnovers on downs(2 punts as well).

Shaw plays 6 drives and we score points on 5 of the 6 drives.

I'm not saying Mizzou is a bad team. You guys are not a bad team. I'm saying that the narrative that Mizzou was stomping SC and let them win it isn't accurate. SC shot itself in the foot early with some bad turnovers and really horrible play from our backup QB. The plays were there early, we just didn't make them.

You guys also started your backup. I think had Shaw and Franklin both played, it would have been an interesting and higher scoring game. For as much crud as I give Shaw, he wouldn't have left nearly as many plays out there as Thompson...who looked horrible in this game.

Franklin vs. Shaw would have made a fun game imo.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Again, if we're assuming you guys have Franklin, you gotta assume we had Shaw for the whole game which makes it an interesting proposition. And Shaw had a pretty strong day(27 points in 2 quarters). Our D did not play well. Story of the year. Clowney is trying to play through the injury and isn't quite as dominant. Aside from Kelcy Quarles, we've had a lot of players playing inconsistent football.

I don't think you guys quite remember how vulnerable your defense was. With good QB play, SC could have put up points earlier on. Shaw proved that. I'll even show you why:
First Drive:
3rd and 3 - Swing pass to Mike Davis in the flat, likely had the first down, Thompson threw it into the dirt short of him

Second Drive:
1st and 10 - Jerrell Adams open on deep corner route for a 20+ yard gain, Thompson overthrew it...Adams couldn't make the diving catch in bounds
3rd and 10 - Damiere Byrd makes the catch on the 17 yard out route but Thompson overthrew it and it was out of bounds

Third Drive:
1st and 10(Mizzou 27) - Bruce runs a wheel route and sits down in a hole in the zone about 15 yards downfield...Thompson overthrows him out of bounds
3rd and 6 - Nick Jones runs a go route, beats the CB and makes the catch...but 2 yards out the back of the end-zone because Thompson overthrew another WR

Fourth Drive:
Mike Davis fumble ends it(Mizzou 31)

Fifth Drive:
Mike Davis fumble ends it(Mizzou 2)

Sixth Drive:
Dylan Thompson Int after overthrowing a ball deep(great coverage though)

Seventh Drive:
Failed 4th and 1 - Turnover on downs

Eighth Drive:
2nd and 6(SC 17) - Damiere Byrd beats his man on a go route for what likely is a TD...Thompson overthrows it and throws it out of bounds
Turnover on Downs later in drive(Mizzou 32)

Connor Shaw comes in for the Ninth Drive. Prior to that, we had 2 fumbles, an int, a missed FG and 2 turnovers on downs(2 punts as well).

Shaw plays 6 drives and we score points on 5 of the 6 drives.

I'm not saying Mizzou is a bad team. You guys are not a bad team. I'm saying that the narrative that Mizzou was stomping SC and let them win it isn't accurate. SC shot itself in the foot early with some bad turnovers and really horrible play from our backup QB. The plays were there early, we just didn't make them.

You guys also started your backup. I think had Shaw and Franklin both played, it would have been an interesting and higher scoring game. For as much crud as I give Shaw, he wouldn't have left nearly as many plays out there as Thompson...who looked horrible in this game.

Franklin vs. Shaw would have made a fun game imo.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:roflmao::peek::cray::bigup:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey...we were the ones that won the game. :bigup:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't see that at all. Tebow took forever to release the ball due to his wind up. I don't see that wind up in Mauk. Mauk has a cannon, too. Tebow didn't. Mauk just needs to work on his footwork and the mental portion and the rest will fall in place, IMO. As of right now, though, I agree that Franklin gives you the best chance at winning.
I didn't see your response until just now.

Sorry...let me clarify. What I meant was that he seems to have an extra hitch in his throw.

I agree, Tebows wind up is much more elongated. I was using an extreme case...Mauk does have a cannon in comparison to Tebow.

Mauk will probably be a fine college QB in the next season or two. But for my money, I'm taking Franklin every time. He is a better athlete and smoother passer.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
From what I was hearing last week, Mauk is a better athlete as far as mobility is concerned. I find it hard to believe, but it's what they were saying.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Hey...we were the ones that won the game. :bigup:
A game jrry A game THE Game is up next,name the last undefeated SB winner, we stubbed our toe ,it happens,
yo won a game and whatchagot, a pissin match on a message board:nau::roflmao:
No offense dude, I really like your spirit,but even more I love stirring it:juiced::peek::bigup:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A game jrry A game THE Game is up next,name the last undefeated SB winner, we stubbed our toe ,it happens,
yo won a game and whatchagot, a pissin match on a message board:nau::roflmao:
No offense dude, I really like your spirit,but even more I love stirring it:juiced::peek::bigup:

Hey, not our fault that we own both Columbias. :wink::woot: