Miss Missouri optimistic about Rams (pretty funny article)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
By Dan O'Neill of the PD:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 0f31a.html

Let's be honest, (pause for spontaneous cough), it's hard work. But somebody had to do it.

Katie Kearney was in the house at Rams Park, the reigning Miss Missouri. Kearney, 24, took pictures with fans, posed with a Jeff Fisher mustache on her upper lip and took the measure of the local football squad as it prepares for the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday.

Of course, this correspondent had no choice but to chat it up with the striking Miss Kearney. Duh?

Not only is Katie the state sovereign of style and beauty, she is the daughter of Tim Kearney, former beastly linebacker for the Football Cardinals. Katie Kearney never has played football, per se, but she was a cheerleader at Lafayette High School.

So she knows her way around a football field … no really. She knows her way around the field.

That said, Miss Missouri made it clear she is not a fervent follower of football, and tends to lean more toward hockey or baseball with her casual sports interests. The disclaimer registered, the communications major at St. Louis University is a good sport – as evidenced by the Fisher mustache poses – and she was happy to suffer a few football-related questions from a hard-working reporter … just doing his job.

In the end, Katie demonstrated that, while she might not be as rugged as her gritty dad, she's probably a little quicker on her feet. And yes, No. 56, that was a shot.

To wit:

Reporter: OK, let's cut to the chase. How many games do you think the Rams will win this year?

Miss Missouri: “I'll say 24.”

Reporter: Uh ... wait a minute, they only play 16 games.

Miss Missouri: “I'm counting exhibition games, playoffs, the Super Bowl ...”

(Startled reporter furiously begins doing math in his head)

Miss Missouri: “I'm very optimistic.”

Reporter: Fair enough. OK, who is your favorite football player?

Miss Missouri: “My dad, Tim Kearney.”

(Reporter thinking to self: Yes. It must have been that fumble recovery on Nov. 14, 1977 that sparked the Cardinals to a 24-17 come-from-behind win over the undefeated Cowboys on Monday Night Football. I get it, No. 56 in your program, No. 1 in Miss Missouri's heart.)

Reporter: The Rams have a bunch of receivers in camp, some 12 or 13 guys competing for about half that many jobs. Who do you think will win out?

Miss Missouri: “I think the best wide receivers will win the jobs.”

Reporter: That's a savvy, veteran response.

Miss Missouri: “Pageant talk.”

Reporter: Since we're headed for an undefeated season, what do you see as a pivotal game?

Miss Missouri: “Well, I'm going to the game with my dad when they play the Cardinals.”

Reporter: Right, that important Thursday night tilt, Oct. 4, at the tragically non-conforming Edward Jones Dome. Good, now I can put you on the spot. Your dad played for the Cardinals, the Rams are the home team … who will you root for?

Miss Missouri: “The Rams, of course.”

Reporter: How will your dad feel about that?

Miss Missouri: “I'm Miss Missouri, not Miss Arizona.”

Reporter: Oh, you're good, kid. You're good.

Iron Lion

Starter
Re: Miss Missouri optimistic about Rams (pretty funny articl

Well it's possible to win 24 games. You simply win the last 2 preseason games, that'll put you at 3, and then you go 16-0, so you're at 19, and then you finish with 3rd seed because two other teams went 16-0 and had more net points. You then win the Super Bowl, so that's 4 more games, putting you at 23. You win the 24th game because the entire NFC roster is Rams, from Bradford on down to Austin Davis at the QB position, and so on for the other positions, and the NFC Rams win that game. 24-1 final record. 24 wins.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

If this interview took place before the first preseason game 24 is possible... Anyway fuck that I'm away to google image her

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ScotsRam said:
If this interview took place before the first preseason game 24 is possible... Anyway freak that I'm away to google image her
If you click on the article it has a picture of her. She is pretty cute, but I'm willing to guess that it's like a head shot and was photohopped

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

brokeu91 said:
ScotsRam said:
If this interview took place before the first preseason game 24 is possible... Anyway freak that I'm away to google image her
If you click on the article it has a picture of her. She is pretty cute, but I'm willing to guess that it's like a head shot and was photohopped

Cookie cutter blond got her looks from mom no doubt .

Tim Kearney emblematic of the futility of the "Big Red" cut by three other teams and becomes one of their best , charged hard with his head down made big hits or whiffed,which made him a favorite of people who came to see carnage but frustrated the hell out of people who wanted to win.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

brokeu91 said:
ScotsRam said:

Yeah but then I'd have to visit that horrible excuse for a website :ww:

Guard

UDFA

Yeah, she didn't get too much of her daddy's looks:

sg12mo.jpg
078524001323101424.jpg