Mike Thomas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Isn't Mike Thomas more of a speed guy? If he is, wouldn't this be a prime time to see what he's got. With Cooks being out, the Rams don't really have that speed guy to take some of the pressure off. Seems like this would be the time. What are your thoughts?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
MT always seemed more of a fluid route guy. Like a poor man's Ike Bruce. Not a take the tip off the field guy.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Isn't Mike Thomas more of a speed guy? If he is, wouldn't this be a prime time to see what he's got. With Cooks being out, the Rams don't really have that speed guy to take some of the pressure off. Seems like this would be the time. What are your thoughts?

Thomas doesn’t have that sudden speed that Cooks has. He’s more of a build up and long strider. He does have underrated size and long arms. I’d give him a look in practice along with Reynolds.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked Mike Thomas a lot, and thought his second year would be his breakout year. Then he got suspended. Then he got injured. He's gonna walk at the end of the year and, at this point, I'm not sure there is any reason to play him.

KayJay

Starter
I liked Mike Thomas a lot, and thought his second year would be his breakout year. Then he got suspended. Then he got injured. He's gonna walk at the end of the year and, at this point, I'm not sure there is any reason to play him.
I wanted to really give him a look considering Reynolds inconsistency. I'm just hoping this chance to start gives Reynolds the fire he needs to be a great target for Goff. There were times he was amazing. And other times when he went in as if knowing "I'm not gonna start once Cooks comes back." I'm just like no bro, lol prove why we don't need Cooks. Reyolds flaw is his laziness. And to be honest, I'd rather let Cooks walk than Thomas, but I get what you're saying; no point in playing him at this point.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Every post season people doubt Thomas and always claim he's a goner, yet every training camp and every preseason he balls out and makes the roster. I personally have no idea why he never really sees the field. Its starting to look like McVay would rather go with the guy he drafted (Reynolds) and keep Thomas as quality back up.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Every post season people doubt Thomas and always claim he's a goner, yet every training camp and every preseason he balls out and makes the roster. I personally have no idea why he never really sees the field. Its starting to look like McVay would rather go with the guy he drafted (Reynolds) and keep Thomas as quality back up.

Time for 'keeping' Thomas as that quality back-up may be running out, he might just prefer to find a team willing to use him as a WR rather than remaining deep on the Rams depth chart. Like many before him, I suspect the Rams will allow him to seek his value on the outside marketplace, then either opt to match or not, but he'll end up with the team offering more snaps imo.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Time for 'keeping' Thomas as that quality back-up may be running out, he might just prefer to find a team willing to use him as a WR rather than remaining deep on the Rams depth chart. Like many before him, I suspect the Rams will allow him to seek his value on the outside marketplace, then either opt to match or not, but he'll end up with the team offering more snaps imo.
Possibly, but I think Cooks future here may be in question considering he's a concussion magnet. So do we let 2 WR's go or talk Thomas into staying and increasing his role?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The only thing I remember about Thomas is the drops early on. Since then I've only seen him on special teams. Not sure they trust him enough to give him meaningful snaps.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Possibly, but I think Cooks future here may be in question considering he's a concussion magnet. So do we let 2 WR's go or talk Thomas into staying and increasing his role?

Well, it could very well go down like that, and if it should then i'd expect Webster to be brought up from the practice squad and for the Rams to draft another WR. jmo.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, it could very well go down like that, and if it should then i'd expect Webster to be brought up from the practice squad and for the Rams to draft another WR. jmo.
It probably depends on what they see in practice. How late can they activate him?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It probably depends on what they see in practice. How late can they activate him?

I imagine Webster could be activated right up until a day before our very last game, whether regular or post season. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think River means for next season. At least that's what I was talking about.

Yes. Thomas will be a free agent following this season and Cooks' future is up in the air, ... no matter what happens with the remainder of this season, I expect the Rams to draft a WR in the middle rounds, Reynolds will also be entering his contract year, so I expect some turn-over at the position during the next two years. jmo.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

Answer to question

Cooks
Kupp
Woods

And Reynolds has been pretty good