Memphis Ram Mock 3.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too much for Burns. He's no longer on a rookie deal and will require massive money.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the draft with one exception. Burns was worth two first round picks when he still was on his rookie deal for a year and a half. Also, at that time the Rams still felt that they could vie for the Super Bowl. So that made them more desperate and ready to offer more.

IMO the big pay day that he’s seeking should factor in and lower the trade value. Maybe this years first and next years third.

The Rams would be getting the best overall edge rusher on day 1 with this trade. I like Melton. I might lean more Cole Bishop though.

I am a big Ray Davis fan. I’d like to squeeze Vaki in there somewhere. I’m not a huge fan of Mahogoney, but there will likely be a few other interior Olinemen that could be plugged into that slot.
Yeah, but Jalen Ramsey was about the same age when they dealt two 1st rounders and a 4th rounder for him. And they weren't Super Bowl bound that season.

Cole Bishop? You'd take the safety over the CB? I'll have to take a closer look at him.

I chose Mahoganey due to his talents along with his experience actually playing RG in a similar blocking scheme. Christian Haynes was my first choice, but I not so sure he'll make it to that selection.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Too much for Burns. He's no longer on a rookie deal and will require massive money.
Not sure the rookie deal means that much given that any trade will require a huge new deal anyway. Take Ramsey for instance. Sure, he was on his rookie deal via that trade deadline type deal, but he got a huge new contact the very next year.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe they can afford both with the cap going up and contracts falling off. But next year whomever is playing LT is going to be looking awfully hard at that Dotson contract.

I'd be pretty shocked if our 2025 LT is on the 2024 roster, unless its a draft pick this year which we obviously wouldn't have to pay for a few years.

I think Jackson likely starts this year, and earns himself a contract that we will not give him.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I'd be pretty shocked if our 2025 LT is on the 2024 roster, unless its a draft pick this year which we obviously wouldn't have to pay for a few years.

I think Jackson likely starts this year, and earns himself a contract that we will not give him.

I’m thinking draft pick too—just not necessarily at #19.
If we’re projecting to 2025:
A) you make an excellent point re Jackson. A good year and we can’t afford him. A down year and we can’t afford him starting.
B) it doesn’t make sense to release Noteboom this year, given the way his contract is structured, but next? That now brings the Rams to possibly losing 2 Tackles.
3) Havs isn’t getting any younger.

The Rams need to find a future Tackle in this draft whose rookie contract would offset a potential re-signing of Dotson.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
I like the moves, Burns just isn’t worth 2 firsts while tagged and needing a massive contract.

Maybe one 1st, but I’m leaning towards a 2nd or 3rd.

IMO him being tagged and needing that large contract lowers his trade value significantly. I’d much rather take my chance on a different pass rusher in free agency or the draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, but Jalen Ramsey was about the same age when they dealt two 1st rounders and a 4th rounder for him. And they weren't Super Bowl bound that season.

Cole Bishop? You'd take the safety over the CB? I'll have to take a closer look at him.

I chose Mahoganey due to his talents along with his experience actually playing RG in a similar blocking scheme. Christian Haynes was my first choice, but I not so sure he'll make it to that selection.
I think the Rams safeties were the weakest link. They need safeties with closing speed. Corners too for that matter.

I don’t dislike Melton. But he isn’t great with recovery speed.

I know the Rams are trying to resign Witherspoon, JJ and Fuller. When asked about the db problems Snead said the Rams didn’t get enough pressure on the opposing QBs. I can’t help but wonder if they think edge and DLine are a bigger need, and feel that they are okay at either corner or safety. I personally would like to see an upgrade at both spots.

You still made a good mock. There are so many ways the Rams can go with every pick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
After doing more research, I see Max Melton was top five in overall athletic scores at the combine. He is a versatile corner able to play inside and out. I imagine Snead will probably have him on his draft board.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I like the moves, Burns just isn’t worth 2 firsts while tagged and needing a massive contract.

Maybe one 1st, but I’m leaning towards a 2nd or 3rd.

IMO him being tagged and needing that large contract lowers his trade value significantly. I’d much rather take my chance on a different pass rusher in free agency or the draft.
For a 25 year old established NFL pass rusher? Not a project or a rookie maybe. Not an older prospect on his way out. But an established NFL pass rusher in his prime. These guys don't grow on trees.

And for use during the remainder of the Stafford, Kupp, Donald window to win a Championship.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
For a 25 year old established NFL pass rusher? Not a project or a rookie maybe. Not an older prospect on his way out. But an established NFL pass rusher in his prime. These guys don't grow on trees.

And for use during the remainder of the Stafford, Kupp, Donald window to win a Championship.

Seeing as he's the top of the F/A Edge class, and no top Edge's will fall to us, I think this is still a safe bet. Even w/ the tag.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Upon further review, while I still believe that two late 1st round picks is a decent price for a young premium pass rusher in his prime, the Panthers cap situation just might help get a cheaper deal done.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Upon further review, while I still believe that two late 1st round picks is a decent price for a young premium pass rusher in his prime, the Panthers cap situation just might help get a cheaper deal done.

You made me salivate... haha! That said, it would be interesting to see if they could fit him and AD under the cap. AD contract runs out this year but we pay for a voided year next year, meaning if we resign AD we would have to pay him, pay for his voided year from his last contract, plus whatever we pay Burns. Its possible I guess given we really arent paying anyone else other than Staff and Kupp... And yes, it would definitely necessitate a CB, LT/RT and IOL in the draft.