Memento's Midterm Halloween Mock Offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, lots of things have changed between my past mock. So, no better time for a new one!

CUT: Higbee

(Yeah, I think it's obvious that Higbee is a cut candidate.)

FRANCHISE: Alaric Jackson

(Yes, we're going to franchise our left tackle option for a trade, shh...)

FREE AGENCY: DGAF

(Can't predict anything, especially now that my top corner target (Adebo) has a serious injury. Maybe we add a young edge rusher or off ball linebacker? Who knows? Just, for the love of fucking fate, don't re-sign Reeder.)

TRADE:

Matthew Stafford to the Las Vegas Raiders for 2025 first round pick (#8 overall) and 2025 third (theirs).

(Yes, it's happening. I'm sorry...and not. Stafford's obviously lost a step, and I can't blame him; age takes everyone, and we need to start planning for when that happens. Part of that is learning when to let go. The Raiders are falling just short of getting the franchise quarterback at #8 overall - assuming Ward, Sanders, and Ewers all go before them and they don't wish to reach - but they get someone who can keep their hopes alive. In return, we get a top ten pick and a third to play with.)

Cooper Kupp, 2026 fourth (ours), and 2027 seventh to the Los Angeles Chargers for 2025 second round pick (theirs) and 2025 third round pick (theirs).

(Chargers need a wide receiver, since it's looking more and more like Quentin Johnston is a bust. McConkey is a good start, and Rice has potential, but they need someone who can make a difference, and Harbaugh's seen enough of Kupp to like. Meanwhile, we move on from an aging star, and get a solid pick to utilize.)

Alaric Jackson to the Green Bay Packers for 2025 second-round pick (theirs) and 2025 third round pick (theirs).

(Obviously contingent on A-Jax signing with the Packers long-term, but the picks are worth the risk. The Packers, in return, get a still-young very good left tackle who can give Love time to throw to his numerous targets.)

Colby Parkinson and Derion Kendrick to the Jets for 2025 fourth round pick and 2027 seventh.

(Just...whatever it takes to get them off the team, okay?)

2025 first round pick (ours, #11 overall) to the Atlanta Falcons for 2025 first round pick (#17 overall, theirs) and 2025 second round pick (theirs).

(We trade down with Atlanta to secure an extra second round pick, while they jump up to take a falling defensive lineman.)

2025 second round pick (Packers) and 2026 second round pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars for 2025 second round pick.

(Thinking we move up a bit for a specific player. In return, Jacksonville gets more picks to play with.)

2025 second round pick (Chargers) to the Washington Comm - anders for 2025 second round pick (theirs) and 2025 fourth round pick.

(Fuck that I can't say "comm ander" in the same sentence. I demand that it be changed; it's a common fucking word. Anyway, the Washington football team sees a falling receiver that they must get, while we move down a bit.)

2025 third round pick (Raiders), 2025 third round pick (ours, compensatory), and 2025 fourth round pick (Washington's) to the Baltimore Ravens for 2025 second round pick (theirs) and 2025 fifth round pick (theirs).

(Ravens move down for extra picks.)

DRAFT:

#8 overall (Raiders) - Luther Burden III, WR, Missouri.

(Easy pick. If he had a competent quarterback, he'd have a lot more touchdowns and yards than he does. Our immediate X receiver.)

#28 overall (Packers) - Aireontae Ersery, LT, Minnesota.

(Mountain of a man. Finally figuring out potential. Our blindside protector for the next five years, at least.)

#38 overall (Jaguars) - Shavon Revel Jr., CB, East Carolina.

(I think he falls out of the first round with his injury and smaller school, but I'd pounce here. Huge and talented ballhawk.)

#48 overall (Falcons) - Garrett Nussmeier, QB, Louisiana State.

(Our quarterback. Don't scoff; he can make most of the throws Stafford does, and he's smart as a whip.)

#55 overall (Ravens) - Tyler Warren, TE, Penn State.

(Our answer at tight end. Physical, catches everything, fast, everything you want.)

#57 overall (Washington) - Dontay Corleone, NT, Cincinnati.

(Nickname is "The Godfather." Dominant run-stuffer, shows more in pass technique and motor than BB3.)

#76 overall (Rams) - Dorian Strong, CB, Virginia Tech.

(Double dip at cornerback to eventually replace D-Will/White/Witherspoon. Another ballhawk, strong tackler.)

#85 overall (Chargers) - Xavier Nwankpa, SAF, Iowa.

(Versatile chess piece. Can play anywhere in the secondary and box.)

#90 overall (Packers) - Fernando Carmona, OG, Arkansas.

(Road-grading offensive guard. Eventual Jonah Jackson/Kevin Dotson replacement.)

2025 fourth (Jets) - David Bailey, ILB/EDGE, Stanford.

(Another chess piece for Shula's defense. Can rush passer and cover.)

2025 fourth (Rams) - Samuel Brown, WR, Miami.

(Dominant speed threat for Cam Ward; one of his favorite targets. Raw, but uber-talented. Atwell replacement.)

2025 fifth (Ravens) - Anthony Belton, OT/OG, North Carolina State.

(Eventual Havenstein replacement, but he can slot in at guard while he improves until then. Big, physical, mean.)

2025 sixth (Rams) - Raheim "Rocket" Sanders, RB, South Carolina.

(One of my favorite running backs last year. I hope he lasts this long.)

2025 sixth (Falcons) - Will Sheppard, WR, Colorado.

(Replacement for Robinson/Johnson. Tall possession type with more YAC and speed than expected. Shadeur Sanders' favorite target aside from Hunter.)

2025 sixth (Steelers) - Collin Oliver, ILB/EDGE, Oklahoma State.

(Oliver is basically Bailey/Hampton, but discount. Don't sleep on him, though.)

ROSTER:

QB - Jimmy Garoppolo, Garrett Nussmeier.

(Garoppolo gets re-signed for one year, but then hands the reigns to Nussmeier, who never looks back.)

RB - Kyren Williams, Blake Corum, Cody Schrader (KR), Raheim Sanders.

(Four running backs, but all have talent.)

WR - Puka Nacua, Luther Burden III, Jordan Whittington, Xavier Smith (PR), Samuel Brown, Will Sheppard.

(Six wide receivers, but all have talent.)

TE - Tyler Warren, Davis Allen.

(Warren and Allen need to stay healthy, but I could live with two uber-talented tight ends.)

OL - Aireontae Ersery, Steve Avila, Jonah Jackson, Kevin Dotson, Rob Havenstein, Beaux Limmer, K.T. Leveston, Dylan McMahon, Fernando Carmona, Anthony Belton.

(Ersery, I get the feeling that he can start at left tackle from day one. This is the offensive line we envisioned before this year.)

DL - Kobie Turner, Braden Fiske, Dontay Corleone, Tyler Davis, Desjuan Johnson, David Olajiga.

(The top three shouldn't be moved for anything. Davis, Johnson, and Olajiga get the remainder.)

LB - Jared Verse, Byron Young, Omar Speights, Jake Hummel, Keir Thomas, Zach VanValkenburg, Nick Hampton, David Bailey, Collin Oliver.

(Verse and Young should get a lot of snaps. We'll see if Thomas and/or VanValkenburg sinks or swims, along with Hampton. Hummel will start in base packages, but I imagine Curl sees a lot of big nickel snaps.)

DB - Darious Williams, Cobie Durant, Kamren Curl Quentin Lake, Jaylen McCollough, Kamren Kinchens, Josh Wallace, Charles Woods, Shavon Revel Jr., Dorian Strong, Xavier Nwankpa.

(Basically, you have three placeholders (unless Kinchens busts out next year) in Williams (old), Durant (FA) and Curl (FA). Let the young players earn their stripes.)

ST - Joshua Karty (K), Ethan Evans (P), Alex Ward (LS)

(No changes here.)

I'll go into further details on the players in a post on this thread. Fair?

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shavon Revel Jr. had himself a hell of a game against Michigan. There aren't many corners as physical on the line as he is, with the length and speed he has. Unfortunately, he went down with a season ending ACL injury, and he's an unknown, having played at East Carolina, but I feel that he's more than worth a high second, at least, and I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the first round after all of that.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Samuel Brown is a dynamic receiver, and now that he's at Miami with a talented quarterback, he's beginning to shine. Does he have maturity issues? Sure, but that's why you're getting him in the fourth round - and OBJ, Von Miller, Aqib Talib, and Marcus Peters were all players with maturity issues that McVay took chances on. We're talking about a kid who times high 4.3s at 6'2", 195 lbs. with serious YAC potential. If he's willing to grow, the sky's the limit for him.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Will Sheppard was Vanderbilt's best player last year. With shoddy quarterback play, he racked up over 800 yards and eight touchdowns. He was a problem against Missouri's top cornerbacks in Rakestraw (a second-round cornerback) and KAD (a fifth-round corner who should've gone higher). Big, physical, always falling forward, long arms, vise grips for hands. He's never going to be the main option like he was at Vanderbilt, but he's a solid possession receiver at the next level, I really believe that.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Dorian Strong. Tall and lean, but with surprising physicality. You wish he'd turn more of the pass breakups into interceptions when he easily could with his length, but you can't fault him too much for making sure they're incomplete. Solid, solid corner, and I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if he was our third round pick.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Apologies in advance for the music. Nwankpa (pronounced "Wahm - pah") is a safety that does pretty much everything for Iowa (one of their highest recruits ever, as a matter of fact). He's a moveable chess piece for them, plays in the box, single high, blitzes, covers slot receivers, etc. Hasn't had the production, but he's started as a true freshman at Iowa, and I feel like he could be a solid safety to pick in the third round.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Dontay "The Godfather" Corleone. Yes, that is his actual name. But this guy is why I want a second round pick: because we won't get him in the third. He's not flashy, but he's a dominant run-stopper. He moves bodies, and he dropped a lot of weight (from around 325 lbs. to 315 lbs.) to be quicker and more explosive. I don't know if I prefer him with the extra weight or not, but he caves the pocket, disrupts every run play, and has a surprising motor for such a big kid. Definitely have my eye on him - after all: keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Ignore the Cheatriot shit; Ersery is huge, lengthy, and surprisingly nimble; men his size are not supposed to move that well. I could see him slot anywhere from top fifteen to top thirty, but he's not going to escape the first round unless something happens off the field. He's an amazing pass-protector, uses his strength and length to stonewall bullrushers, has a solid anchor. He has immense potential since he hasn't played football all that long, and he's learning to trust his pass sets, improved his technique a significant amount. If Will Campbell isn't there, we should definitely snag Ersery. I'd rank him #2 among left tackles in the class (Banks is more of a guard to me. An elite guard, but still a guard.), and I feel that's worth any risk.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Music aside, this is a kid who is a mold of clay. Belton is huge at 6'6", 335 lbs., dominates on the ground, and is actually a very good pass protector. I'd love to see a bookend to Ersery, and my only question is if Belton is going to last to the fifth round. He will pancake you with bad intentions in the running game, and even in the passing game. Plays to the echo of the whistle. There's talent there; you just have to coax it out.

Memento

Name
Jemma

David Bailey highlights are too short to go by, but I've watched a few Stanford games, and he's always stood out. Athletic is the first word that comes to mind when talking about him. I get the feeling that he could easily be taken a round or two higher than what I've projected because he's just so damn athletic. Covers very well, rushes the passer well, and honestly, I don't think he'd be too out of place at inside linebacker; he pretty much already plays it.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Collin Oliver was extremely impressive in his true freshman year, but he hasn't had the same success. He's both like Bailey and different; you won't see him in coverage much, but we're talking about a super-athletic kid who could easily go a round or two higher than I'm projecting right now, with outstanding pass rushing instincts. Still, 11.5 sacks as a true freshman is worth taking a look at.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Fernando Carmona Jr. may be called "Junior" in his house, but we're talking about a big guy (6'5", 324 lbs.) who could potentially solidify a fluid guard/tackle situation. He's playing left tackle for San Jose State and now Arkansas, but I see him as a much better guard than a left tackle. Plays to the echo of the whistle, dominant run-blocker, has already earned multiple SEC O-lineman of the Week awards, thanks to efforts against Arkansas Pine Bluff (not impressive, but still, 70 points is 70 points) and - more impressively - a Tennessee defense that was quickly upset. Not looking forward to playing them as a Mizzou fan.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Raheem "Rocket" Sanders. He had an absolutely incredible sophomore season, but he hasn't been able to repeat it yet (although the 66 yard run against LSU proved that he's somewhat back). Arkansas was awful last year, and a lot of players got injured. Sanders, though. 6'2", 235 lbs., physical, solid pass catcher, runs like...well, a rocket. Doesn't that remind anyone of anyone? Anyone? No?

Yeah, he's the closest back to S-Jax in this class. Yes, there's other backs like Judkins, Jeanty, Hampton, Gordon, Singleton, and Henderson, but give me Sanders late over any of them early.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Tyler Warren's a damned beast. He's without a doubt going second round, and some team may even chance it with their first round pick. Big target, hard to bring down, lines up everywhere, super athletic...are we seeing Tyler Warren or shades of Rob Gronkowski? That's how I see his playstyle. He's just an absolute tank to bring down, and he's a solid blocker as well. One of the more complete tight ends I've seen.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Our future quarterback in this scenario. Nussmeier has a rifle of an arm and a gunslinger mentality. He can fit the ball into any window, and he's not afraid to fit it into any window. His receivers aren't that great (I'd say their tight end, Mason Taylor, is their best receiver; Kyren Lacy is good, but has limitations.), but when he had Brian Thomas Jr. and Malik Nabers to throw to, he was deadly. Very mobile, but more of a mobile to throw, not to run. Accuracy is actually very good for as many deep balls as he's thrown; these are not short completions like what Bo Nix did at Oregon. Don't scoff at the second-round pick; he could end up being the best quarterback in this class.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
That’s a lot of unrealistic trading just to get your draft crush.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Finally, the cream of the crop: Luther. Burden. The Third. This is why he's my draft crush, and given the shitty quarterback situation Mizzou has (Brady Cook has been bad and got hurt, the normal backup, Sam Horn, had Tommy John surgery before the year, and Drew Pyne deserves to ride the pine.), I find it incredible that he has had the success he's had this year. He's one of the most slippery and elusive receivers I think I've seen in some time, able to shake out of tackles with ease, make cuts and go, catch deep balls and go up top, and run exceptional routes.

He is my favorite Mizzou receiver of all time. Might even be my favorite Mizzou player. And he's earned every bit of it. I think I have a comparison: Malik Nabers meets Deebo Samuel. I feel confident in projecting him as such. Ignore that he's possibly 5'10"; the 215 lbs. is more than sturdy enough, and he's able to leap out of the building. He's willing and able to block; that's what you have to do at Mizzou, no matter how talented you are, to see the field.

Just dominant, even with poor quarterback play.

Memento

Name
Jemma
That’s a lot of unrealistic trading just to get your draft crush.

The irony according to Tankathon? I don't even have to trade anything for him; we could take him at #11. And you, as much as anyone else, knows that my mock trades are unrealistic. I just like to feature the players that I'm intrigued by.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Seeing that you’ve been unwell lately, I’ll forgive you that grammatical faux pas. ;)

Wait, shit, what did I get wrong? I may have had sepsis, but that doesn't excuse shitty grammar.

Never mind, found it. Intrigued with. Happy? :p