Memento's Final 2022 Mock Draft (with trades).

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, I gotta get this in before I totally forget stuff. I'm leaving for a boccia tournament around draft day. so this'll be my last mock draft for this year. I'm assuming, first and foremost, that we sign Odell Beckham Jr. and Tyrann Mathieu (as much as I don't want to sign the latter) in this mock, which makes things...interesting. Here's my trades:

A'Shawn Robinson to the Houston Texans for a third round pick (#80 overall).

(I get why people don't want to do this, I really do. A'Shawn is a fantastic player, a brilliant run-stuffer. But honestly, there's only one defensive lineman (Donald aside) whom I'd sign for the future, and that's Greg "Grizzly" Gaines, who is younger and better than A'Shawn is. We can't sign more than one of them. Aside from that, Robinson's value is never going to be higher than it is right now. We're coming off of a Super Bowl win that he helped win. And finally, Bobby Brown III, Earnest Brown IV, and a draft pick deserve a shot to see what they are. I'm especially hyped for BB3; he reminds me of a young Haynesworth with none of the bad that Haynesworth had. As for why the Texans do it, they have two thirds, and their defensive line is atrocious. Blacklock looks like a bust, and nobody else stands out.)

Van Jefferson to the Atlanta Falcons for a third round pick (#82 overall).

(With OBJ coming back, Allen Robinson signing here for the foreseeable future, and a bunch of young wide receivers in the fold (Skowronek, Harris, and maybe even a draft pick or two), Van is expendable. I'm sorry, he had a fantastic year, but he's expendable, and honestly, despite being a deep threat, he doesn't have the ability to bully cornerbacks like others could. But in Atlanta, where their current targets are Kyle Pitts and...nothing else? Van would be a great player.)

Taylor Rapp to the Denver Broncos for a 2022 sixth round pick (#206 overall).

(Rapp has no place left on our defense with the signing of Wagner and the emergence of Scott. We deal him to Denver for a sixth round pick. because they need a strong safety on their defense. They're relying on an aging Kareem Jackson on a one year deal, and Rapp could do a whole lot better.)

Darrell Henderson to the Baltimore Ravens for a 2022 sixth round pick (#196 overall).

(Henderson is on the last year of his contract, and I'm planning on taking a few running backs, so he goes to the Ravens, where all of their running backs have injury concerns. Yes, Henderson does as well, but he at least stayed healthy during this season, unlike the Ravens' backs. Aside from that, the Ravens have mostly power-backs, whereas Henderson is a back with speed and receiving ability - something they lack.)

Chatarius Atwell, 2022 seventh (#238 overall), and 2022 seventh (#253 overall) to the Philadelphia Eagles for 2022 fifth round pick (#162 overall) and 2022 fifth round pick (#166 overall).

(Sorry, not sorry for trading Atwell. I'll add in the two sevenths to hopefully balance out the Eagles losing the lower two of the three fifth round picks they have. But they need wideout help, since Reagor and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside haven't worked out at all. Maybe Atwell gets his potential there. I don't know.)

Bobby Evans, 2022 third round pick (#80), 2023 fifth (original), and 2024 fourth (original) to the Tennessee Titans for 2022 third round pick (#90 overall), 2022 fourth round pick (#131 overall, and 2022 fourth round pick (#143 overall).

(Evans is valuable since offensive linemen who can block are a rare commodity, but given his struggles, I doubt he returns much - and I don't trust him to protect Stafford at right guard. Aside from that, I trust our depth players like Anchrum, Shelton, A-Jax, and Pircher (yes, I'm high on Pircher because of his potential. Could I be wrong? Sure, but I like the kid.) But Evans, in addition to the picks in the next two years that we'll have a lot of, should get us the extra picks this year. In addition to moving down ten spots, we get two fourth round picks to play with.)

#104 overall to the New York Jets for #111 overall and #117 overall.

(The Jets move up for a falling wide receiver, while we move back for more picks.)

#211 overall pick , #212 overall pick, and #218 overall pick to the Las Vegas Raiders for 2022 fifth round pick (#165 overall).

(The Raiders trade down to recoup more picks, while we move up for a pick.)

Draft:

#82 overall (Falcons) - Eyioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa State. (6'6", 316 lbs.)

(I know you're questioning me at this point. "Memento, why the fuck are you taking a defensive tackle with the first pick when we could have a cornerback or an edge rusher, you stupid, crazy bitch?!" Because I see the same in Uwazurike that the Rams saw in Aaron Donald. Yes, I think he's our eventual successor to AD, and I'll be honest: the retirement rumors spooked me. AD's not going to be around forever, and he's thirty-one next month, so we absolutely have to consider replacing his production. Uwazurike is a big, tall man with a lot of length to him, but he's surprisingly quick off the ball, his technique is good (with more room to learn, of course), his motor is constantly running, and he can play all three of our positions on the line, so he could end up being moved around a lot to get him into the game. Uwazurike would be an amazing pick for us.)

#90 overall (Titans) - Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB, Alabama. (6'1", 197 lbs.)

(Here's our first corner! Armour-Davis is a speedy, lengthy cornerback, but he's very much a raw prospect who will have to be coached up. He has production, he has the gifts, he even has the necessary physicality, but he's lacked consistency in using them. He needs improvement on the technical side most of all, just unlocking the toolbox. But he could push Rochell for time spent on the opposite side of Ramsey.)

#111 overall (Jets) - DeAngelo Malone, OLB, Western Kentucky. (6'3", 243 lbs.)

(Here's our outside linebacker, and he's apparently a fan favorite for some! Malone reminds me a bit of a smaller Robert Quinn; he won't win with size, and he struggles against a downhill rushing attack, but he can bend around the corner easily, is fast, has a plan to attack offensive linemen, forces a lot of fumbles, and quarterbacks who scramble have no chance of evading him. Malone could absolutely be special.)

#117 overall (Jets) - Logan Bruss, OG/OT, Wisconsin. (6'5", 309 lbs.)

(Another lineman from a school that seems to clone them, Bruss is a solid tackle who should probably move to guard in the pros. He's country strong and a decent athlete, but while he has some technical know-how, his technique in games can be somewhat lacking. His hands are the main problem; they're often not in the right place for punching. Still, this is a guy who could probably start at guard for the next four years, if Anchrum isn't the answer and/or if Edwards leaves/gets injured again.)

#131 overall (Titans) - Luke Goedeke, OG/OT, Central Michigan. (6'5", 312 lbs.)

(A former tight end-turned-offensive-tackle, Goedeke has a major mean streak and will absolutely maul defenders in the running game. He's strong, athletic, and has good technique for the most part. His length and the competition are the concerns; he has short arms, and needs to improve his footwork. Still, he could end up starting at guard for the next four years, depending on Anchrum/Edwards as well as fellow guard Logan Bruss.)

#142 overall (John Johnson comp.) - Tyler Badie, RB, Missouri. (5'8", 197 lbs.)

(I've made no secret that Badie is my draft crush this year, and I think he could absolutely be an elite running back. He's shifty, elusive, and yet runs with power behind him and rarely goes down with arm tackles. He's also arguably the best receiving back in the draft, and while his pass protection is below-average, it's not what he's here for. He's built quite solidly for his size, and yes, he is small, I get it. But I see a lot of Jamaal Charles in him; a smaller elusive back with surprising power. I'd love to have a Jamaal Charles on our team. Wouldn't you?)

#143 overall (Titans) - Cordale Flott, CB, Louisiana State. (6'0", 175 lbs.)

(Flott is another interesting prospect. He's got sticky coverage, can disrupt the pass easily, and he won't ever give up on a play, but as you can clearly see from his weight...he needs to start eating the cheeseburgers and steaks, if he can even put on and keep on the weight. Despite his height, he's probably better off in the slot, but he'll struggle against receivers who can big-body him. Still, Flott is a good prospect who should be able to contribute from the first day.)

#162 overall (Eagles) - Verone McKinley III, FS, Oregon. (5'10", 198 lbs.)

(McKinley has amazing tape, but the size will make him fall. He's got mitts for hands (eleven interceptions in his career, including six this year), is a smart communicator, has fantastic coverage skills...and yet his size betrays him. He's definitely physical, but he'll struggle with bigger players, and he's inconsistent at tackling. Still with a fifth round pick, McKinley could be an absolute steal.)

#166 overall (Eagles) - Erik Ezukanma, WR, Texas Tech. (6'2", 209 lbs.)

(Ezukanma is a runaway freight train of a player. He's big, fast, physical, has solid hands, and was a productive team captain. However, his routes need serious work. Like, from-the-ground-up sort of work. It's disappointing that he doesn't sell his routes like you'd expect, but it's not due to unwillingness to learn; he just needs more practice. He could absolutely be an elite wide receiver for us.)

#175 overall - Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A&M. (6'4", 255 lbs.)

(Wydermyer is going to take a huge tumble after he bombed his Pro Day, but this kid could absolutely be an elite receiving tight end. He's lacking in his blocking; you'd expect him to be better with his size, but to be fair, it's not as bad as Hopkins' blocking was. Wydermyer's not going to make money blocking, though. He is a dominant receiver who can run good routes, snag the ball out of the air easily, has a huge catch radius, and is very much a YAC threat. Wydermyer could end up being our starting tight end before long.)

#196 overall (Broncos) - Smoke Monday, SS/LB, Auburn. (6'2, 207 lbs.)

(Monday is more than a name; he's an absolutely physical strong safety who will knock you into next month and let you know it. He's a physical, alpha-mentality safety who will struggle in coverage if he's used wrong. He's great if you put him in the box, and he'll get a few interceptions, but his average speed, below-average coverage ability, and inconsistent form tackling will do him no favors. Monday could definitely work as a special teams player, though, so I believe that's where you're going to find his best fit.)

#206 overall (Ravens) - Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada. (6'2", 201 lbs.)

(Doubs is fast. Like, deep threat fast, and unlike most height/weight/speed guys, he has insane route running potential. He's smooth into his breaks. But his hands. Dear holy fucking fate, his hands are maddening. He absolutely needs work on trying to actually catch balls instead of just body-catching, so time spent on the Juggs machine would help. Still, Doubs has great potential to be a solid contributor; he's also a punt returner with gunner ability.)

#211 overall (Gerald Everett comp.) - Chigoziem Okonkwo, TE, Maryland. (6'2", 238 lbs.)

(Okonkwo is one of my favorite tight ends in this draft, but he has his flaws. He's short and light, suffered from myocarditis, and his route tree needs work. Now for the good: he is a physical ball of energy, able to block well despite lacking length, able to bounce off tackles, able to be a YAC threat, and his hands, while not as good as some of the tight ends in this class, are solid enough. I don't know if he makes the roster, given how raw he is, but he's got a shot at being a solid tight end in the league.

#212 overall (Troy Hill comp.) - Jordan Stout, P, Penn State. (6'3", 209 lbs.)

(Honestly, while Araiza may be the better punter, I think Stout fits our team better. He's got a strong leg, but unlike Araiza who tries to kick it as far as he can every time with zero regard for hangtime, Stout has surprising touch, will likely never outkick our coverage, and has great hangtime. He's not exactly a directional punter, but he's good enough, and probably the second best punter in the draft behind Araiza, who will definitely go in the mid rounds.)

#218 overall (Samson Ebukam comp.) - Isiah Pacheco, RB, Rutgers. (5'10", 216 lbs.)

(Pacheco is a physical runner who plays with constant urgency, which works for and against him. He's durable, rarely ever fumbles, and he always seems to fall forward. He needs to learn to set up his blockers, be a touch more patient. His third down value is nonexistent at the moment; he'll need to learn how to pass block effectively because he's not a natural hands catcher at all. Still, with a late sixth, Pacheco could be good.)

UDFA:

Kaylon Geiger, WR/KR/PR, Texas Tech. (5'10", 180 lbs.)

(Geiger is absolutely electric. He's a dynamite player in the slot, on returns, everywhere. He even has experience outside, although I doubt he'll be outside in the NFL. But in the slot, you have a polished route runner with quickness, and while he isn't the fastest, he has enough juice to make a lot of corners look absolutely silly. Geiger is also here to back up Powell, in case he gets hurt or turns ineffective.)

Andrew Rupcich, RT/OG, Culver-Stockton College. (6'6", 318 lbs.)

(Rupcich really stood out at the Collegiate Bowl, and he could be an interesting project. He needs to get stronger, sure, but he makes the most out of his talents, and he's kept improving, so he could be interesting as an UDFA.)

Luke Wattenberg, OC, Washington. (6'4", 299 lbs.)

(Wattenberg is not strong against power, let's put it that way. He's probably not going to get any stronger either. But he's an experienced starter with good technique, and given our lack of centers, could end up making an NFL roster.)

Clint Ratkovich, FB/HB/TE, Northern Illinois. (6'0", 231 lbs.)

(Ratkovich, ever since @jrry32 introduced him, has been one of my favorite prospects to watch. He could be our answer to Kyle Juszczyk: a fullback who is a top receiving and running option. Ratkovich is also a solid lead-blocker; it's fun to watch him demolish linebackers who think they can run him over to get to the ball carrier. Still, he's a fullback, and fullbacks tend to fall on draft day. I'd gladly take him here, though.)

Mario Goodrich, CB/FS/SS, Clemson. (6'0", 176 lbs.)

(Goodrich is going to tumble down draft boards, in my honest opinion. Not only is he a tweener (too light to be a true safety, but not fast enough to be a cornerback in the NFL), but he tested poorly at the Combine and has only one year of experience starting at Clemson. The good news is that I think he has potential as a backup safety. He has good ball skills, he's a willing and decent tackler, and he's smart. I'd love to take him as an undrafted player.)

Jeremiah Gemmel, ILB, North Carolina. (6'1", 226 lbs.)

(Gemmel doesn't have any one trait that stands out. His tape is good, but he's more like a jack-of-all-trades sort of player. He doesn't have the talent necessary for the NFL, but he has not ever played special teams, so there's a disconnect there. I'd sign him to my practice squad, see if he can learn special teams. He's got all the potential in the world to be an ace special teams player.)

Esezi Otomewo, DE, Minnesota. (6'5", 282 lbs.)

(Otomewo is a huge defensive end who checks all of the physical boxes...but has lacked the production. Still, with UDFAs, sometimes the light goes on a little later. He's smart with assignments, which helps, but he needs to be coached properly. I think we could do that.)

Roster:

QB - Matthew Stafford, Bryce Perkins

(Sorry, Wolford, but there's no room for you. Perkins has so much potential as a player, and I think he could back up well if Stafford - fate forbid - gets injured. But backup quarterbacks like Wolford grow on trees.)

RB - Cam Akers, Tyler Badie, Jake Funk.

(I get that there's not a real power option, but Funk plays special teams, and Akers is a power option in himself. I'm gambling that he'll be fully recovered from injury and that Badie can contribute more than Henderson did.)

WR - Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham Jr., Jacob Harris, Ben Skowronek, Erik Ezukanma, Brandon Powell.

(Wide receiver has so many options, it's scary. This is why I feel comfortable trading away Van and Atwell; nobody is going to stop our top three when healthy, Harris has oodles of potential, and Skowronek could definitely improve from his rookie season. Then you have Ezukanma, Doubs, Powell, Geiger, and Warren Jackson (I'm calling it now; he stays on the practice squad for us.) to back up every conceivable position. I put Ezukanma and Powell in because the former is likely getting poached if we put him on the practice squad and the latter is our top returnman.)

TE - Tyler Higbee, Kendall Blanton, Jalen Wydermyer.

(Sorry, Brycen, I couldn't find room to fit you. Honestly, I wanted to include Hopkins, but the roster crunch is too much to fit a fourth tight end in. Higbee is your obvious starter, although I could see Blanton taking a few snaps as well. Wydermyer is your pass-catching option, but given Higbee's injury history, don't be shocked to see Okonkwo, Ratkovich and W-Jax in the mix as well.)

OL - Joseph Noteboom, David Edwards, Brian Allen, Tremayne Anchrum, Rob Havenstein, Alaric Jackson, Coleman Shelton, Max Pircher, Logan Bruss, Luke Goedeke.

(I believe Anchrum wins the right guard spot out of camp, although I could see Shelton, Pircher, or one of the two rookies winning it as well. I've heard that Pircher is cross-training at center, so he could be a very good backup, able to play all five offensive line positions. A-Jax is your swing tackle and likely successor to Havenstein after this year (as he and David Edwards are both free agents after this year). Bruss and Goedeke sit and learn from the best.)

DL - Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, Bobby Brown III, Earnest Brown IV, Eyioma Uwazurike.

(Yes, I believe that BB3 wins the starting 5-tech job. AD is AD. Gaines deserves an extension, but I don't know if he'll get it. Both EB4 and Uwazurike back up the line: EB4 backs up 5-tech and 3-tech, while Uwazurike backs up every position on the line.)

LB - Leonard Floyd, Justin Hollins, Bobby Wagner, Ernest Jones, DeAngelo Malone, Terrell Lewis, Chris Garrett, Travin Howard, Christian Rozeboom.

(Three of the starters are set. I think Hollins wins the job opposite Floyd with Lewis and Garrett subbing in. Malone will likely sit on the bench and learn from them. Behind Wagner and Jones, there's Howard and Rozeboom as special teams players, although Howard could see snaps in obvious passing downs.)

DB - Jalen Ramsey, Robert Rochell, Tyrann Mathieu, Jordan Fuller, Nick Scott, David Long, Jalyn Armour-Davis, Cordale Flott, Terrell Burgess, Verone McKinley, Smoke Monday.

(Ramsey is Ramsey. I believe that Fuller and Scott are our best safety lineup. Rochell wins the job opposite Ramsey, although Long and Armour-Davis put up a good fight to get it. I believe that Burgess could see snaps in the slot if Mathieu isn't signed; he's played slot corner before. Flott, McKinley, and Monday will be key backups and special teams.)

ST - Matt Gay, Jordan Stout, Matthew Orzech.

(No surprises here. Stout takes the punting job, while the other two are rock solid.)

Practice Squad:

Romeo Doubs, WR/PR
Kaylon Geiger, WR/KR/PR
Warren Jackson, WR/TE
Chigoziem Okonkwo, TE
Clint Ratkovich, FB/HB/TE
Isiah Pacheco, RB
Andrew Rupcich, RT/OG
Luke Wattenberg, OC
Esezi Otomewo, DE
Mario Goodrich, CB/FS/SS
Jeremiah Gemmel, ILB

(Yes, I have mostly offense because our defense is solid in most areas (with the exception of defensive line, but while we lack depth, we have guys who can move around, including Otomewo, who can play 3-tech and 5-tech.) Wattenberg and Rupcich are interesting offensive line projects who could definitely get a spot on the practice squad. Goodrich is a potential safety option, and Gemmel could eventually take Rozeboom's place. I like Warren Jackson more than most; I think he could definitely make a Darren Waller move to tight end. Ratkovich is a solid fullback option, and Doubs and Geiger should have eventual roles as well.)

Attachments

• 1650578854016.png
    1650578854016.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 54

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just a head's up, Ratkovich tore his ACL.

Just means that nobody's going to draft him. I'd still take him, even with the ACL; he's got a lot of potential as a Swiss-Army knife.

Also, I'll admit that I made a mistake: I accidentally kept the trade with the Raiders on without the picks, so my bad for anyone who notices! :D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our drafts are the polar opposites. You have so many trades I wonder at Sneads sanity and have no clue whatsoever who's on the Rams anymore and mine have no trades and you wonder if Snead has given up control of the team :D

Both unrealistic tbh but fun anyways

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always interesting; thank you for the hard work on this.

Do you have a version where the Rams don't make any trades? I would love to hear who you think might be there for the Rams if they (unlikely as it might be) stood pat with their picks.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'd take Monday earlier. Stood up an OG, shed him, & made the T on the RB. RESPECT
Edit: Uwazurike is a good pick, but if the intent is to replace AD's production we'll need to look elsewhere. If anything, GG is the closest we have to a replacement for AD. It's more understandable if Uwazurike is to be a replacement for A'Shawn.
There's just no comparing AD's Pitt tape to anything I saw in Uwazurike's. I doubt he'd run down Burrow or Mahomes like AD can. It's hard to tell, I'd have to see his 40, but he just doesn't have the same speed.

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our drafts are the polar opposites. You have so many trades I wonder at Sneads sanity and have no clue whatsoever who's on the Rams anymore and mine have no trades and you wonder if Snead has given up control of the team :D

Both unrealistic tbh but fun anyways

Absolutely! It's probably going to be somewhere in the middle, but this is for fun, not prediction. It's more what I would do, were I in charge. Good thing I'm not in charge, eh? :D

Always interesting; thank you for the hard work on this.

Do you have a version where the Rams don't make any trades? I would love to hear who you think might be there for the Rams if they (unlikely as it might be) stood pat with their picks.

Hmm...I can't see us making no trades; that's not the Snead way, but if that happened...well, I have a thought or two. If we didn't make any trades, I can't see how DeAngelo Malone wouldn't be a top target at #104, if he falls there. Of course, cornerback could be solved with that pick as well; I don't think Armour-Davis will be there, but I could see someone else, maybe Josh Williams out of Fayetteville? Small school prospect who really impressed scouts. Badie would still be my target at the fourth round pick; you don't pass on such a talent in those rounds because he's too small. Fifth round would definitely be Wydermyer; if he falls, we're getting a steal if we take him. I'd probably go for an offensive line project or two in the sixth, maybe William Dunkle or Chris Paul because both of them are bigger guards who have tackle experience, something that we'd miss if Evans doesn't pan out. Sixth round could also have Romeo Doubs, whom I really like, despite his hands. Seventh round is probably cornerback or outside linebacker, depending on which one was taken with the top pick and add in a safety with the last pick.

That's my thoughts, anyway.

I'd take Monday earlier. Stood up an OG, shed him, & made the T on the RB. RESPECT
Edit: Uwazurike is a good pick, but if the intent is to replace AD's production we'll need to look elsewhere. If anything, GG is the closest we have to a replacement for AD. It's more understandable if Uwazurike is to be a replacement for A'Shawn.
There's just no comparing AD's Pitt tape to anything I saw in Uwazurike's. I doubt he'd run down Burrow or Mahomes like AD can. It's hard to tell, I'd have to see his 40, but he just doesn't have the same speed.

Eh, I have him right where he's supposed to be. His coverage skills remind me of Rapp's, and not in a good way.

Just noticed that Uwazurike's forty time is not good (5.34 at his Pro Day, even at his size is below average), but honestly, the only thing I care about is his tape. He was productive and talented, which are the two things I care about most in a draft. Honestly, there isn't a true AD in this draft; a pure pass-rushing defensive tackle who does the kind of shit we're taking for granted. But Uwazurike is definitely a guy who could help with the pass-rush and be a great run-stuffing defensive lineman. Hell, honestly, BB3 could be our AD replacement; he had a 5.04 in the forty at 6'4", 325 lbs. Greg Gaines is a guy I'd love to re-sign for the future, which is why I'd deal Robinson at the peak of his value, let the Browns, Hoecht, Williams, and Copeland and an Uwazurike (if we take one) try to compete to see a bit into the future.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I like the Verone McKinley III pick, a lot, so let's hope we get lucky

There are so many great RB prospects and I expect us to take one (possibly two) but will be surprised if that happens before 6th round - as there is so much value and we have other priorities in a draft rich with potentially starting CBs, Guards and TEs

I would be happy for you if we draft Tyler Badie

I like that you have prioritized playmakers and experience

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Absolutely! It's probably going to be somewhere in the middle, but this is for fun, not prediction. It's more what I would do, were I in charge. Good thing I'm not in charge, eh? :D

Hmm...I can't see us making no trades; that's not the Snead way, but if that happened...well, I have a thought or two. If we didn't make any trades, I can't see how DeAngelo Malone wouldn't be a top target at #104, if he falls there. Of course, cornerback could be solved with that pick as well; I don't think Armour-Davis will be there, but I could see someone else, maybe Josh Williams out of Fayetteville? Small school prospect who really impressed scouts. Badie would still be my target at the fourth round pick; you don't pass on such a talent in those rounds because he's too small. Fifth round would definitely be Wydermyer; if he falls, we're getting a steal if we take him. I'd probably go for an offensive line project or two in the sixth, maybe William Dunkle or Chris Paul because both of them are bigger guards who have tackle experience, something that we'd miss if Evans doesn't pan out. Sixth round could also have Romeo Doubs, whom I really like, despite his hands. Seventh round is probably cornerback or outside linebacker, depending on which one was taken with the top pick and add in a safety with the last pick.

That's my thoughts, anyway.

Eh, I have him right where he's supposed to be. His coverage skills remind me of Rapp's, and not in a good way.

Just noticed that Uwazurike's forty time is not good (5.34 at his Pro Day, even at his size is below average), but honestly, the only thing I care about is his tape. He was productive and talented, which are the two things I care about most in a draft. Honestly, there isn't a true AD in this draft; a pure pass-rushing defensive tackle who does the kind of shit we're taking for granted. But Uwazurike is definitely a guy who could help with the pass-rush and be a great run-stuffing defensive lineman. Hell, honestly, BB3 could be our AD replacement; he had a 5.04 in the forty at 6'4", 325 lbs. Greg Gaines is a guy I'd love to re-sign for the future, which is why I'd deal Robinson at the peak of his value, let the Browns, Hoecht, Williams, and Copeland and an Uwazurike (if we take one) try to compete to see a bit into the future.

Impressive- not realistic.

I’m sure you’ll hit on one or 2 draft picks from the bunch.

Draft day trades from Snead with Players usually are made before,not during the draft. No picks until day 3 is totally unusual.

I like your breakdown on Gaines & Bobby Brown. Another year with A Rob
Would be best.Gaines though is in his final season as well. Funny 2 A Rob’s wr & DT ?

The WR Rob is friends with Jefferson so don’t see that happening.

I know a lot of folks would love Bobby Evans just traded,but for a 3rd ?