McVay touts second-year running back Cam Akers as an 'every down back'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aker's development is one of the absolute keys to the success of the offense going forward, right up there with the qb imo.

My only concern about McVay wanting him to be an every down back-- which he certainly is in terms of skills-- is not to overuse him as we arguably did with Gurley. Akers has to stay healthy for the Rams' offense to take it to the next level.
I dont think Gurley was overused at all. I think his knee was held together by thread. That said, I surely like the idea of keeping him fresh by sharing carries with Henderson

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I dont think Gurley was overused at all. I think his knee was held together by thread. That said, I surely like the idea of keeping him fresh by sharing carries with Henderson

Also hope McVay uses Akers in the passing game a lot, because he will be great and also seems like less pounding than just carrying the ball.

You may be right about Gurley's knee, but we used him really a lot too.