McVay provides an update on Cooper Kupp’s progress

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://www.therams.com/news/mcvay-provides-an-update-on-cooper-kupp-s-progress

A month after rising third-year receiver Cooper Kupp told theRams.com that it’s been a goal to not talk about being ‘on pace or off pace’ regarding his ACL recovery, head coach Sean McVay said the Eastern Washington product is right on track.

“He’s doing great,” McVay said on the opening day of the offseason program. “The goal for us is to have him ready for Week 1 — I think he’ll be able to do some different things. He’s a guy that’s attacked his rehab the right way.”

About five months removed from having his left knee surgically repaired, Kupp is past the midway point in typical ACL-tear recovery. When he went down Week 10 against the Seahawks, Kupp led all Rams receivers with six touchdowns on 566 yards receiving in eight games — productivity McVay expects his young wideout to match when he returns in 2019.

And the plan is in place for Kupp as his teammates rejoin him at the Rams training facility in Southern California.

“He’ll do some things individually, but as far as the specific plan and exactly where he’s at — the goal is to have him ready to return to performance,” McVay said. “Not necessarily competition, but performance where he’s playing at a high level, the level that we’re accustomed to seeing Cooper Kupp at for Week 1.”

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Can't wait to see Jared Goff throwing to his favorite receiver.

Then again, Woods could be his favorite receiver.

Oh wait, Cooks was his favorite receiver for a while.

Dang it! I forget how much he likes to rely on Gurley.

Oh heck, just throw it and someone will catch it. :cool:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
If Kupp didn't rush back from his first knee injury, he might have not tore his ACL in the first place. Braford also came back pretty quickly and look how that turned out.T he Rams are extremely deep at WR. Cooks, Woods, Reynolds is a very capable trio. Especially when we have a strong running game to lean on. Both of our TEs are capable pass cathers a well. Especially Everett, who is a dangerous passing option that needs to see more targets this coming season in my opinion. Plus, who knows what the draft will have in store.

I hope Kupp takes as long as he needs to heal fully and completely. That knee needs to be 100% ready for any sharp cut while running a route, or tough tackle from an opposing player.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If Kupp didn't rush back from his first knee injury, he might have not tore his ACL in the first place. Braford also came back pretty quickly and look how that turned out.T he Rams are extremely deep at WR. Cooks, Woods, Reynolds is a very capable trio. Especially when we have a strong running game to lean on. Both of our TEs are capable pass cathers a well. Especially Everett, who is a dangerous passing option that needs to see more targets this coming season in my opinion. Plus, who knows what the draft will have in store.

I hope Kupp takes as long as he needs to heal fully and completely. That knee needs to be 100% ready for any sharp cut while running a route, or tough tackle from an opposing player.
Agreed. I want to see him back at 100% really soon but you can' t rush it. If all he had to do was run in a straight line, I'd say he's looking ready to go now. Time is what it takes though and he looks good. I wouldn't expect to see him in preseason games though. Play it safe.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

If he takes a month or 2 years to recover and he gets hurt again, people will say he came back to soon. The thing is Kupp won't be back till the medical staff says he's ready. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope he can stay healthy for the whole season, especially the playoffs.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not nearly as concerned about having him week 1, as I am for having him week 18.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can't wait to see Jared Goff throwing to his favorite receiver.

Then again, Woods could be his favorite receiver.

Oh wait, Cooks was his favorite receiver for a while.

Dang it! I forget how much he likes to rely on Gurley.

Oh heck, just throw it and someone will catch it. :cool:

Would be a gift if The Rams draft a nice TE in the 3rd. There are a couple that fit that bill.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Would be a gift if The Rams draft a nice TE in the 3rd. There are a couple that fit that bill.

I'm still hoping Everett can be that guy. He was the first pick of the McVay era because he has play making abilities. Plus, year 3 is when the light goes on for a lot of young players. I'm hoping this is the year the light goes on for Everett. If he becomes a solid, over the middle weapon, that passing offense will go to an even higher level.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm still hoping Everett can be that guy. He was the first pick of the McVay era because he has play making abilities. Plus, year 3 is when the light goes on for a lot of young players. I'm hoping this is the year the light goes on for Everett. If he becomes a solid, over the middle weapon, that passing offense will go to an even higher level.

For. One reason he seems to get hurt during training camp. Everett got a lot of solid playing time last season.He still has upside.

Higbee is gone next season though.. I have a sleeper pick going to The Rams in the 3rd rd.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
https://www.therams.com/news/mcvay-provides-an-update-on-cooper-kupp-s-progress

A month after rising third-year receiver Cooper Kupp told theRams.com that it’s been a goal to not talk about being ‘on pace or off pace’ regarding his ACL recovery, head coach Sean McVay said the Eastern Washington product is right on track.

“He’s doing great,” McVay said on the opening day of the offseason program. “The goal for us is to have him ready for Week 1 — I think he’ll be able to do some different things. He’s a guy that’s attacked his rehab the right way.”

About five months removed from having his left knee surgically repaired, Kupp is past the midway point in typical ACL-tear recovery. When he went down Week 10 against the Seahawks, Kupp led all Rams receivers with six touchdowns on 566 yards receiving in eight games — productivity McVay expects his young wideout to match when he returns in 2019.

And the plan is in place for Kupp as his teammates rejoin him at the Rams training facility in Southern California.

“He’ll do some things individually, but as far as the specific plan and exactly where he’s at — the goal is to have him ready to return to performance,” McVay said. “Not necessarily competition, but performance where he’s playing at a high level, the level that we’re accustomed to seeing Cooper Kupp at for Week 1.”

Probably just that McVay wanted to control the message more than not wanting Kupp to discuss it.

Name
Bear
Has anyone heard anything about Cooper Kupp how he’s doing and when they expect his return?

dang

Legend
Please no hurry in getting Kupp back. If we have to wait until week 8 for him to be 100% so be it. He was the little blue pill that enhanced the Rams offensive performance.