McVay Press Conference 12/26/17 might rest some starters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sure wish the Rams still had QB Brandon Allen to be the backup in this because what happens if Mannion gets hurt? Rams will put in Goff? Have a feeling Rams will activate one of the OL off the practice squad and the OL could look like this:

LT....Williams
LG....Neary (PS)
C...Blythe
RG...Brown (only starter)
RT....Lucas

They put Longacre on IR, so they have an extra spot on the 53, just hope Mannion survives.
LT....Lucas
LG....Williams
C....Blythe
RG....Brown
RT....Havenstein
QB Mannion
RB Brown.
That's how I would have it. Will be interesting to see what they do however.
I would like to see what Williams did for a whole game at LT although Lucas could be as educational. Look forward to seeing Mannion getting some extended regular season playing time as well.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
LT....Lucas
LG....Williams
C....Blythe
RG....Brown
RT....Havenstein
QB Mannion
RB Brown.
That's how I would have it. Will be interesting to see what they do however.
I would like to see what Williams did for a whole game at LT although Lucas could be as educational. Look forward to seeing Mannion getting some extended regular season playing time as well.

That could be starters keeping the right side out there although I would trust Williams more than Lucas at LT, but it would be nice to see how Lucas handles himself...That's why I thought about activating Neary or Eldrenkamp to play LG and start Havenstein at RT and then bring in Lucas.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'd rest just about everyone possible.

In addition to resting them...

All players on the sideline would be required to be sipping on their favorite cocktails (maybe even served in ridiculous umbrella style "boat drinks" for added effect) while being fanned with palm fronds by our cheerleaders.

Throw in a giant seafood buffet table, smokers filled with baby backs wafting the smell across the field, and some high temp grills cooking some killer Flintstone sized steaks. All on the sideline of coarse during the game.

Gonna need some recliners on the sideline too.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams will still honor contract bonuses for rested players in Week 17
usatsi_10359394.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 39 minutes ago

With the Rams guaranteed either the third or fourth seed in the NFC, they have very little to play for. In fact, losing on Sunday would increase their chances of facing the Eagles in the second round, which seems like a more favorable matchup than visiting the Vikings in Minnesota.

As a result, Sean McVay is opting to rest his starters and keep them healthy for their upcoming postseason run. Among the players who won’t see the field are Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley and Jared Goff, along with Andrew Whitworth and John Sullivan.

Ranking the Rams' potential first-round matchups, from most to least likely
Players across the NFL have incentives and bonuses built into their contracts for hitting milestones like 1,000 yards or a certain number of touchdowns, so every game counts. That’s why the Rams are going to honor players who come up just shy of reaching those thresholds and still pay out their bonuses.

“That’s one of the things … where you figure out how to make good on some of those things if they might be a couple yards away or if they have something being 16 games active then that’s a coach’s decision,” McVay said. “Certainly, you want to make good on those things where you don’t want them to not reach their incentives because of a coach’s decision to hold you and get you healthy for the playoffs. We definitely are mindful and aware of those guys that were affected and want to make sure that we take care of that and handle that in a first-class way and that’s exactly what we’ll do.”

usatsi_10471845.jpg

Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports

It’s unclear which players have incentives in their contracts that won’t be reached because they’ll be inactive in Week 17, but Donald, Goff and Gurley could all be in that group.

Rodger Saffold is one guy who stands to earn a bonus on Sunday, but he’s unlikely to play after suffering an oblique injury in Week 16. He earns $31,250 each time he’s active on game day, so the Rams should wind up paying him that bonus even if he’s rested on Sunday.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...-players-contract-bonuses-incentives-week-17/

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
filled with baby backs wafting the smell across the field, and some high temp grills cooking some killer Flintstone sized steaks. All on the sideline of coarse during the game.

Not a fan of eating ribs in public never have been for some odd reason, but most likely because I always went the steak route when dining out even at a smokehouse opting for the Brisket over the Ribs...My wife has, but she always accuses me of keeping up appearances, however, my children have sided with me as the both of them never order ribs out, however, are quick to blame me because of it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not a fan of eating ribs in public never have been for some odd reason, but most likely because I always went the steak route when dining out even at a smokehouse opting for the Brisket over the Ribs...My wife has, but she always accuses me of keeping up appearances, however, my children have sided with me as the both of them never order ribs out, however, are quick to blame me because of it.

Lineman don't care about things like that. They'll happily eat them in public. They might even toss the bones over their shoulders like cavemen after clearing them of meat. Hahaha

BTW... I usually bring smoked baby backs to our tailgates... so you guys will have to step outside of your comfort zone to enjoy some of my comfort food when we finally get to tailgate together. LOL

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd rest just about everyone possible.

In addition to resting them...

All players on the sideline would be required to be sipping on their favorite cocktails (maybe even served in ridiculous umbrella style "boat drinks" for added effect) while being fanned with palm fronds by our cheerleaders.

Throw in a giant seafood buffet table, smokers filled with baby backs wafting the smell across the field, and some high temp grills cooking some killer Flintstone sized steaks. All on the sideline of coarse during the game.

My scythe is in the shop getting sharpened up for the 49'er visit, but we'll be ready gametime ...

giphy.gif

Oh yeah, ... someone bring the baby wipes.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
BTW... I usually bring smoked baby backs to our tailgates... so you guys will have to step outside of your comfort zone to enjoy some of my comfort food when we finally get to tailgate together. LOL

It would be an honor sir, with a roll of paper towels by my side.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just want to know, has a full and complete list of players, who will be out been posted!? When does this list have to be made Final and posted to the League Office!!? @flv needs to know so he can arrange the "Special Bets" at the ROD Book!!!:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Your approach seems the wisest way, it did seem to me it would be a real mess to try to work out this week, with everyone resting and all!!

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Probably not a bad idea. If they fall to the #4 seed could the seeding difference come back to haunt them? Absolutely.

It is probably a good decision though.