Mcvay can also be befuddling!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Honestly, he needs an OC like Lafleur, who will argue and challenge him and keep him from thinking in a vacuum.
McVay is brilliant with incredible recall... those gifts can also have a flipside on gameday when he outsmarts himself..

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Honestly, he needs an OC like Lafleur, who will argue and challenge him and keep him from thinking in a vacuum.
McVay is brilliant with incredible recall... those gifts can also have a flipside on gameday when he outsmarts himself..
I agree, he does overthink things at times. A lot of very smart people do that.
In life, most of the time simple is good, your first instinct is usually right.
You see it even on a simple 3rd and 1 play. McVay, shotgun, empty backfield 100% pass play. More things have to go right on a pass play to work than a simple run play. Its all about the odds.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was okay running the ball at that point in the game but a play action on one of the downs would have been okay with Stafford eating the sack unless someone was wide open.

That said, I was also puzzled that we completely abandoned any chance to win the game in regulation by letting the clock run out. I know we took a sack but with close to 20 seconds, why not toss one up? Maybe we get a PI or something that gets in range.
I have the same thought in a lot of games. A few seconds left, throw up a deep pass. Maybe you get a penalty and can kick a fg. If they intercept, half is over.