McVay asked for suggestions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I feel like a blizzard would favor the Rams. Since Rodgers is the biggest difference between these teams nasty weather would just neutralize their biggest advantage.
I dunno.... now that I'm old as dirt, I go around saying shit like, "Experience makes a big difference."

Gotta think many of the Packers players have plenty of experience playing in awful, frigid, snowy conditions. While the Rams players would have very little, if at all. Even stuff like being familiar with how hard to make cuts on Lambeau could make a difference.

Aw who knows....I'm just glad we're getting the Packers....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Keep the practice balls on ice. Rent you a snow making machine and blow it on them just in case conditions decide to defy the weather forecast in GB. The frozen tundra is hard to emulate

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'm up with 503 and others about 30 miles from where the Donner party happened. It's always funny when you go to the store on the weekend mornings and get strange looks cause you're in shorts and a sweat shirt in January :D
Yeah, I kinda figured you and 503 would live in a place famous for humans practicing cannibalism in frigid conditions :zany:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It could help to go to a cold area to practice but it takes a human body two weeks to fully acclimate to differing temperatures. It’s going to suck for them, especially the guys on the sidelines. But they are athletes. My middle school son and his friends wear shorts all year and we have been hitting the 20’s all week.

if they can keep their hands warm and a clear head in the cold air maybe they will be good to go

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I say go up a day or two
early to the cold and practice in it.
Judging by McVay's strategy for the London games, seems like there were two choices:

1. Go early to the location to get acclimated
2. Get in a good week of practice in LA and then go to the location as late as possible.

There are good arguments to be made for both sides. But McVay seems to have chosen the latter.

Granted, acclimating to London (time change) and acclimating to Green Bay (frigid cold) are different. But I think McVay has settled on placing a premium on getting in a good, normal practice week. I think he said the team would travel on Friday?

Ellard80

Legend
Judging by McVay's strategy for the London games, seems like there were two choices:

1. Go early to the location to get acclimated
2. Get in a good week of practice in LA and then go to the location as late as possible.

There are good arguments to be made for both sides. But McVay seems to have chosen the latter.

Granted, acclimating to London (time change) and acclimating to Green Bay (frigid cold) are different. But I think McVay has settled on placing a premium on getting in a good, normal practice week. I think he said the team would travel on Friday?

yeah but this time one of his QB's has a thumb that needs to be tested in cold conditions

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Do they still have that place in Earth City? Cold enough in Mo. right now. :giggle:

Or maybe go up into the mountains and practice at a ski resort?:unsure:

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm up with 503 and others about 30 miles from where the Donner party happened. It's always funny when you go to the store on the weekend mornings and get strange looks cause you're in shorts and a sweat shirt in January :D
I brought the west coast attitude to the Sierra too.
I wear shorts year round.
Maybe twice a year in the biggest little city I gotta put pants on.
It’s a dry cold....

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're a running team with a big time defense, they're a heavy passing team. Which team should have a harder time in bad weather?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And forecasts here in SOCAL this week starting Wednesday thru Saturday in mid to high 80s. There will be quit a difference for our rams.

Drought year in CALIFORNIA?

They say could be fire season by May.

As far as ideas for Mcvay. It’s the playoffs go get settled in a day early to feel the conditions for a day.Being the first game on Saturday sucks though in one sense,but if they advance they get that extra day back.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah but this time one of his QB's has a thumb that needs to be tested in cold conditions
And is in the middle of a global pandemic that limits team travel and stuff....
Maybe they can ask the Seahawks if they could borrow their practice facilities for the week? Ya know they dont need to use it

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It could help to go to a cold area to practice but it takes a human body two weeks to fully acclimate to differing temperatures. It’s going to suck for them, especially the guys on the sidelines. But they are athletes. My middle school son and his friends wear shorts all year and we have been hitting the 20’s all week.

if they can keep their hands warm and a clear head in the cold air maybe they will be good to go

I really do think they should go somewhere cold to practice - or at least put the footballs in the freezer