Matt Gay 4 50 + yarders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Excuses that deny what they did to get in the hole doesn’t make them go away.

I’m happy with the play on the field but there was only 1 guy that forced them into a bigger contract. The rest were just bad management moves.
What they "did" was win a Superbowl. I'll take a truckload of so called bad management moves to get a Lombardi. What you don't like Lombardi's?

And calling them bad management moves doesn't make it so.

We're 1-1

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'll take a truckload of.so called bad management moves to get a Lombardi.

And calling them bad management moves doesn't make it so.

We're 1-1
Gurley and Goff’s contracts were terrible and everyone knows that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He attempted 4 50+ yards field goals because he plays for a shit team that cant reach the red zone
He averaged 4 50 yard attempts for the season in his Rams career

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Gurley and Goff’s contracts were terrible and everyone knows that.
Sure they were. But how much of those contracts were dead money last year? This year? And does it even matter because money wasn't the root cause of our 5-12, 2022 season. Injuries were.

Was it a "bad move" to resign Floyd in 2021? What should they have done? Was it a bad move to give Ramsey shut down corner money? I guess they should have let Floyd walk, traded JR when he got too expensive and settled for losing in the 2021 postseason, if they even made it at all? Should they have told CK, "we love ya guy, but we can't pay you"? Hey at least they might have been cap sound. Probably a shitty team but cap sound.

Ridiculous second guessing. Totally ridiculous. And their current dead money strapped team is already playing waaaaay better than any had a right to hope.

Did you see the rookie OLB setting the edge all night tonight. Kid learns pretty quick. Did you see that young, inexperienced D allowing 1 touchdown tonight?

Our HC needs to own this one. 7 runs in the first 42 minutes? No help for a sub LT? He called a shitty game and though he is young, he's no rookie. He has got to do better. This team can be really good. That much is clear already. Young or not, dead money strapped or not.

All this over a lost kicker? A fucking kicker? Who's replacement is 9 of 11 with the 2 misses coming in a win? Like I said, ridiculous.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sure they were. But how much of those contracts were dead money last year? This year? And does it even matter because money wasn't the root cause of our 5-12, 2022 season. Injuries were.

Was it a "bad move" to resign Floyd in 2021? What should they have done? Was it a bad move to give Ramsey shut down corner money? I guess they should have let Floyd walk, traded JR when he got too expensive and settled for losing in the 2021 postseason, if they even made it at all? Should they have told CK, "we love ya guy, but we can't pay you"? Hey at least they might have been cap sound. Probably a shitty team but cap sound.

Ridiculous second guessing. Totally ridiculous. And their current dead money strapped team is already playing waaaaay better than any had a right to hope.

Did you see the rookie OLB setting the edge all night tonight. Kid learns pretty quick. Did you see that young, inexperienced D allowing 1 touchdown tonight?

Our HC needs to own this one. 7 runs in the first 42 minutes? No help for a sub LT? He called a shitty game and though he is young, he's no rookie. He has got to do better. This team can be really good. That much is clear already. Young or not, dead money strapped or not.

All this over a lost kicker? A fucking kicker? Who's replacement is 9 of 11 with the 2 misses coming in a win? Like I said, ridiculous.
You’re entitled to be wrong

PARAM

Hall of Fame
You’re entitled to be wrong
Thank you so much.

And you're entitled to complain about lost kickers and bad contracts that helped bring us fans a Lombardi as well as a dearth of young talent for the immediate future!!!

A good rule to follow for fans who like to complain is if there's nothing to complain about you can always invent something. A lost kicker? When his replacement is b 9 of 11? That is Edison level!!

Tano

Legend
Thank you so much.

And you're entitled to complain about lost kickers and bad contracts that helped bring us fans a Lombardi as well as a dearth of young talent for the immediate future!!!

A good rule to follow for fans who like to complain is if there's nothing to complain about you can always invent something. A lost kicker? When his replacement is b 9 of 11? That is Edison level!!
I look at long term future too

Maher is signed for 1 year - we could have signed Gay for 5 years.

I have much higher expectations that Gay will be good for another 5 years vs Maher may be good for another year? Maybe.

I have a feeling we will be looking for another kicker next year. JMHO

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I look at long term future too

Maher is signed for 1 year - we could have signed Gay for 5 years.

I have much higher expectations that Gay will be good for another 5 years vs Maher may be good for another year? Maybe.

I have a feeling we will be looking for another kicker next year. JMHO
Gay's cap hit next year rises to 6 mill, then close to 7 mill. Put those dollars towards a LT please

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He attempted 4 50+ yards field goals because he plays for a shit team that cant reach the red zone
He averaged 4 50 yard attempts for the season in his Rams career
We gotta be careful calling him out. He might decide the Rams fate in the next game with another bomb kick.