MARVEL Spoilers !!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
My only complaint about IW is that when Thor came in to sort of save the day at Wakanda there should have been Led Zeppelin blaring just like in final Ragnarok scene. My god that would have got the blood pumping. Thor Ragnarok made Thor into the true badass of the MCU he is and half of it was the music. They dropped the ball on that part. But still awesome.

I think it's probably a foregone conclusion that most of the original avengers will die in the second one. Like actually die. I'm assuming everyone who went to dust are just trapped in the soul stone just like in the comic books. The whole "we don't trade lives" quotes they had Captain America say multiple times is kind of a red herring I'd say. He's trading his life for half the universe by the end of the second one.

I saw a very interesting theory that all of the original avengers will sacrifice themselves to save everyone. Since most entities in the universe are incapable of even holding one infinity stone without perishing (see Guardians of the Galaxy where they all link hands to hold the one and only then they survived because Peter Quill is half celestial entity) that the six original avengers will all hold one together to some how save the universe and perishing in the process... (Captain, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye/Ronin)... six original avengers and six stones. Just a theory.

Also, will be fun to see "white" Vision all though looks like they are making him more gray/light gray but still cool.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My only complaint about IW is that when Thor came in to sort of save the day at Wakanda there should have been Led Zeppelin blaring just like in final Ragnarok scene. My god that would have got the blood pumping. Thor Ragnarok made Thor into the true badass of the MCU he is and half of it was the music. They dropped the ball on that part. But still awesome.

I think it's probably a foregone conclusion that most of the original avengers will die in the second one. Like actually die. I'm assuming everyone who went to dust are just trapped in the soul stone just like in the comic books. The whole "we don't trade lives" quotes they had Captain America say multiple times is kind of a red herring I'd say. He's trading his life for half the universe by the end of the second one.

I saw a very interesting theory that all of the original avengers will sacrifice themselves to save everyone. Since most entities in the universe are incapable of even holding one infinity stone without perishing (see Guardians of the Galaxy where they all link hands to hold the one and only then they survived because Peter Quill is half celestial entity) that the six original avengers will all hold one together to some how save the universe and perishing in the process... (Captain, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye/Ronin)... six original avengers and six stones. Just a theory.

Also, will be fun to see "white" Vision all though looks like they are making him more gray/light gray but still cool.
Here's the song my wife thought they should have used

she said it would have fit with the GOTG theme................

she's right , but the worst part is , now I've had this song stuck in my head for four days now..............lol

starkkedthor-odinson-arrives-in-wakanda-avengers-infinity-war.gif

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Killing off the original bunch...............

I'm still not so sure

Captain America , yea , I believe he's a goner , Chris Evans has mentioned he plans on giving up acting all together after Avengers 4

Iron Man , that ones a little tougher , They might kill off Tony Stark , But I don't think Robert Downey JR is going anywhere , he's become the face of Marvel , and he loves it to much , I could see him still hanging around some how , maybe like the voice of the AI in the New Avengers head quarters hologram , like a new Jarvis

Hulk and Thor , I'm 50/50 on , Chris Hemsworth has mentioned he'd like to still play Thor after Infinity War because he had such a great time filming Ragnarok , maybe not another solo film , but he sounded like he wouldn't mind making a guest appearance in someone elses film

Black Window , it's been reported that Marvel has already looked at a hundred directors for a solo Black Widow film , but I guess they could do some kind of prequel film that took place before Infinity War

Hawkeye/Ronin , would sure hate to see them kill off Ronin , go through all that trouble of setting up the Ronin story line , just to kill him off after one film

although maybe he'll finally get a cool costume for a change

c95cd6da61327a392570bddb3cf71e37.png

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
P.S.

we are talking comic book movies , being a big Spider-man fan , I'm pretty sure I've seen Norman Osborn die like 17 times now

so all bets are off......................lol

NormansReturn3A.jpg

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Random off-season randomness

I'm not one of you comic book "enthusiasts", but anyhow

I'd never heard of retconning until comics, so I get it, anything can happen. And there's the rl money thing and already planned future movies, too. But still, I thought The Snap was a bummer.
-------------------
Cap saying We don't trade lives has got to be foreshadowing something, right? Like in Backdraft with the You go, we go line. Over in the unrelated, noncontiguous Foxverse they had Michael B. Jordan follow Chris Evans as Johnny Storm. Maybe the Disneyverse does it too! I'd be all for having Killmonger becoming the new Captain America -- Straight up character evolution, or settle for an actor swap. The outrage/triggering and political/racial underpinnings would be epic, imo.

sam-as-cap-102099-650x427.jpg

-------------------

So the key to balance is HALF off. So obviously, balance requires more half- baked ideas. Don't know if this qualifies, but who doesn't want THANOSCOPTER?

thanos-copter.jpg

-------------------

View: https://imgur.com/vWRawc6

-------------------
r/thanosdidnothingwrong

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Captain America , yea , I believe he's a goner , Chris Evans has mentioned he plans on giving up acting all together after Avengers 4

Of course he is. He's my favorite. And all my favorites die.

I'd be all for having Killmonger becoming the new Captain America -- Straight up character evolution, or settle for an actor swap. The outrage/triggering and political/racial underpinnings would be epic, imo.

Killmonger is dead. Bucky gonna be the new Cap, or possibly Sam Wilson.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Jake Gyllenhaal will play the classic villain Mysterio. , although Mysterio has never really been one of my favorite Spider-man villains , I do know that he is a fan favorite , and I'm sure alot of them are happy right now , and do like Jake Gyllenhaal and think he will make a great bad guy

Jake Gyllenhaal will play the classic villain Mysterio. i

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...-jake-gyllenhaal-for-a-classic-marvel-villain

When last we saw Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe... well, something horrible had happened to him. But we expect everything is going to be OK, as Spidey has a sequel that's going into production soon enough, and the cast list is starting to take shape. We're confident Tom Holland will return as the Webslinger. And now there's a report that Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to join the Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel as Mysterio, the master of illusion.

THR breaks this news, but has little else to add to the casting shock, saying that the incredibly talented Jake Gyllenhaal "will play" the classic Marvel villain, with the movie aiming for a July 5, 2019 release date. Let's break this down below.

Mysterio is an old-school, iconic villain from Spider-Man's past. Real name Quentin Beck, Mysterio is a former stunt man and failed illusionist who relied on movie magic to create mind-altering distractions that hid his crimes. The villain is best known for his unusual look. He wears a dome-shaped helmet, which Spider-Man constantly reminds him looks like an upside down fish bowl. And he has a green and purple suit -- with a massive cape that would give Edna Mode fits -- that comes equipped with gadgets that advance his illusions. Mysterio's usually accompanied by a cloud of smoke, as you can see in this amazing illustration.

Mysterio went on to be a founding member of The Sinister Six, the team-up of Spidey villains that Sony wanted to get off the ground back when Andrew Garfield was still in the suit. So making Mysterio part of the MCU is a step in the direction of making that possibility a reality.

Mysterio may seem like an odd selection for Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 (or whatever the sequel ends up being called), but it fits the mold that Marvel has for the time being of not wanting to use any villains that Sony already tried in previous Spider-Man movies. Michael Keaton helped Marvel bring The Vulture to the big screen for the first time, and if Sony is able to lock down Jake Gyllenhaal, then he'd get the honors of bringing Mysterio to life for the first time. This is still a smart choice, but AFTER this, I think some of the Sony villains need to be fair game again, so we can finally get an MCU-approved Doctor Octopus and, especially, a Marvel Studios Green Goblin.

jake-gyllenhaal-16242387-1-402.jpg

mysterio.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm glad they are doing Mysterio simply because he hasn't been done before so will be new. Hopefully they skip the fish bowl look lol. But him being a master of deception with no actual powers could prove to be very cool cinematically if the story and director are good.

The story I really want to see is Kraven's Last Hunt. All though might be a little dark for the current MCU standards. And of course, a proper Venom storyline which I'm scared they've fudged up yet again by doing this stand alone version. Green Goblin and Doc Ock would be hard to top again. I actually really enjoyed the Tobey Maguire movies... well the first two... and loved William Dafoe, James Franco and Alfred Molina playing them. And the Andrew Garfield Green Goblin was bad but kind of told the story yet again. So not sure a third version of the story would be a great way to go when there's so many other great Spider Man stories to show.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm glad they are doing Mys terisimply because he hasn't been done before so will be new. Hopefully they skip the fish bowl look lol. But him being a master of deception with no actual powers could prove to be very cool cinematically if the story and director are good.

The story I really want to see is Kraven's Last Hunt. All though might be a little dark for the current MCU standards. And of course, a proper Venom storyline which I'm scared they've fudged up yet again by doing this stand alone version. Green Goblin and Doc Ock would be hard to top again. I actually really enjoyed the Tobey Maguire movies... well the first two... and loved William Dafoe, James Franco and Alfred Molina playing them. And the Andrew Garfield Green Goblin was bad but kind of told the story yet again. So not sure a third version of the story would be a great way to go when there's so many other great Spider Man stories to show.

oh man , they gotta do the fish bowl look , there's a thousand classic Spider-man jokes just waiting to happen

Mysterio just wouldn't be Mysterio without it, , some kind of modern day high tech version of it anyways

I read where Michael Keaton will be back as the Vulture as well , are they setting us up for the Sinister Six down the road ?

I was really surprised when the announce Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio , for a couple reason , it had been rumored for a while that Jake Gyllenhaal was going to take over for Ben Affleck as Batman , so I don't know what happened there , but then I'm not sure anyone really knows what going on with the DCEU

but then also Jake Gyllenhaal as Mystreio ? , I mean really , Jake Gyllenhaal is an amazing actor , and probably could have had his pick of any comic book character , at any of the studios , Marvel Studio , Fox , Sony or WB , but he picked Mystreio , a second level Spider-man bad guy , I mean really

So it makes me wonder what they have planed for him down the road , what was the selling point for this roll ?

teaming up with Michael Keaton ?, more movies down the road ?, an Avengers like Sinister Six movie ,? Michael Keaton and Jake Gyllenhaal is a great start

Ryan Kyle Coogler , the director of Black Panther really wanted to use Kraven the Hunter as the main villain in Black Panther , but Sony said no , so I wonder what Sony has planed for Kraven , or will they allow Ryan Kyle Coogler to use Kraven in the next Black Panther movie ?

I really wish they would introduce Norman Osborn and Oscorp , he doesn't need to turn into the Green Goblin , but just have the foreshadowing there

Time to bring back Doc Ock , Alfred Molina did a great job , but it's been long enough

mysterio1.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
First official look at Zachary Levi as Shazam

Shazam.jpg

Angry Ram

oh man , they gotta do the fish bowl look , there's a thousand classic Spider-man jokes just waiting to happen

Mysterio just wouldn't be Mysterio without it, , some kind of modern day high tech version of it anyways

I read where Michael Keaton will be back as the Vulture as well , are they setting us up for the Sinister Six down the road ?

I was really surprised when the announce Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio , for a couple reason , it had been rumored for a while that Jake Gyllenhaal was going to take over for Ben Affleck as Batman , so I don't know what happened there , but then I'm not sure anyone really knows what going on with the DCEU

but then also Jake Gyllenhaal as Mystreio ? , I mean really , Jake Gyllenhaal is an amazing actor , and probably could have had his pick of any comic book character , at any of the studios , Marvel Studio , Fox , Sony or WB , but he picked Mystreio , a second level Spider-man bad guy , I mean really

So it makes me wonder what they have planed for him down the road , what was the selling point for this roll ?

teaming up with Michael Keaton ?, more movies down the road ?, an Avengers like Sinister Six movie ,? Michael Keaton and Jake Gyllenhaal is a great start

Ryan Kyle Coogler , the director of Black Panther really wanted to use Kraven the Hunter as the main villain in Black Panther , but Sony said no , so I wonder what Sony has planed for Kraven , or will they allow Ryan Kyle Coogler to use Kraven in the next Black Panther movie ?

I really wish they would introduce Norman Osborn and Oscorp , he doesn't need to turn into the Green Goblin , but just have the foreshadowing there

Time to bring back Doc Ock , Alfred Molina did a great job , but it's been long enough

mysterio1.jpg

Prowler and Scorpion, Vulture. Mysterio, And I want Carnage and my favorite Spidey villain, Rhino. A legit Rhino.

161dcc140d4eaea4dabd6d8d6c86cbf8.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sounds like Sony is working on a Morbius. movie , part of their apparent Spider-man less , Spideyverse

Sony still owns the movie rights to all the Spider-man related characters

Sounds like Sony is trying to start their own Spideyverse using Spider-man characters without actually using Spider-man himself

Starting with Venom . and probably Carnage , and also Black Cat and Silver Sable is suppose to be in the works , now word comes out that Sony is developing a Morbius movie , not one of Spider-man's most well known bad guys , but he is one of the first bad guys I remember reading when I was a kid , one of the very first comic books I ever saw had Morbius in it , so it will be interesting to see how Sony intertwines all these Spider-man characters without actually using Spider-man

although neither Sony or Marvel have been all that clear on the sharing of Spider-man and how their other characters over lap

37390137672f272f1cf6b8cba3d08aa1.jpg

8397f751d8100f573ce12e38248bc50e.jpg

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I'm so hyped for the Spiderman world with Tom Holland to continue to build up. Love Mysterio I'm so hyped!! Tom Holland being confirmed for Venom is extremely satisfying as well.

Angry Ram

I'm so hyped for the Spiderman world with Tom Holland to continue to build up. Love Mysterio I'm so hyped!! Tom Holland being confirmed for Venom is extremely satisfying as well.

Speaking of Tom Holland that dude was at Comic Con this weekend and the following he has is insane. The assembly hall was filled to max capacity at 2,000 screaming fan girls. And a line was spilled out waiting for people like me who left early (I had photo op scheduled).

When I say fan girls screaming, it was literally screaming and my ears were ringing. Every time Tom would try to speak there were random shouts of "I love you OMGZ!!!!!" "Marry me OMGZ!?!?!!!" It was fucking annoying, he couldn't even get to speak much.

The little he did get to talk,was well worth the hour long wait to be seated (yes, seriously 1 hour of standing with 2,000 people crammed against each other).

It was fun though seeing my second Avenger live after Anthony Mackie last year.

20180526_152217.jpg

20180526_151748.jpg

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Speaking of Tom Holland that dude was at Comic Con this weekend and the following he has is insane. The assembly hall was filled to max capacity at 2,000 screaming fan girls. And a line was spilled out waiting for people like me who left early (I had photo op scheduled).

When I say fan girls screaming, it was literally screaming and my ears were ringing. Every time Tom would try to speak there were random shouts of "I love you OMGZ!!!!!" "Marry me OMGZ!?!?!!!" It was freaking annoying, he couldn't even get to speak much.

The little he did get to talk,was well worth the hour long wait to be seated (yes, seriously 1 hour of standing with 2,000 people crammed against each other).

It was fun though seeing my second Avenger live after Anthony Mackie last year.

View attachment 25267

View attachment 25268
That's fantastic it sounds like The Beatles for christ sake haha

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Jared Leto to star in Spider-man spinoff Morbius

Morbius surely isn't one of Spider-man's best known villains , but Sony is going to make a Morbius movie anyways , looks like Sony's spiderverse is going dark , First Venom , now Morbius

although I will admit , I've always liked Morbius , but that might be in part , that I think the very first comic book I ever read as a little kid was Spider-man where Morbius was in it , if not thee first comic book I ever read , it is right up there , one of the first ones that I can remember anyways . so I was pretty much introduced to Spider-man and Morbius at the same time , so I'm curious to see where they go with this , and if Tom Hollands Spider-man will have any part of this movie , or the venom movie , or is Sony making a Spiderverse without Spider-man being in it

xamazing-spider-man-101.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yaI5UIuvYa.jpg