Mark Barron hoping for Alabama-like turnaround with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Jenkins on the other hand smh
If we just tendered Jenoris, watch how fast another team scoops him up...6 td returns in 3 years means something...He is our best corner...he just gambles and plays a little undisciplined sometimes...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
dont see it they love Mcleod. you see they put a second round tender on him. He played well last season. He got beat a couple times. but some of those plays were jenkins fault. Plus looks like they are using Barron like Roman Harper . If anybody displace Mcleod it will be Joyner
How can you say that McLeod getting "beat a couple times" but they were really Jenkins fault?

McLeod is the Free Safety. Its his job to be the deepest of the deep and in every case HE was the one who either jumped an underneath route while failing to provide the "over the top" help, or he just flat got beat by not reacting to the ball in the air. People seem to love him because he likes to go for the kill shot. Unfortunately, right now, is the best option on the roster.

I do think there will be some consideration to inserting Barron at Strong Safety, and moving McDonald to more of a Free Safety role. McLeod does have decent read and react skills, but needs to be more disciplined. (sounds a lot like the things that are constantly being said about Jenkins). IF he realizes his primary function is to not get beat deep, and stops trying to jump routes to go for the kills shot, the entire defense will be better served.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
McLeod is the Free Safety. Its his job to be the deepest of the deep
Just wanted to make sure everybody that read this post understood this basic db concept....I'm sure you've seen a bunch of players lose their jobs by not following what would seem to be a standard rule since pop warner for the FREE SAFETY......

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
How can you say that McLeod getting "beat a couple times" but they were really Jenkins fault?

McLeod is the Free Safety. Its his job to be the deepest of the deep and in every case HE was the one who either jumped an underneath route while failing to provide the "over the top" help, or he just flat got beat by not reacting to the ball in the air. People seem to love him because he likes to go for the kill shot. Unfortunately, right now, is the best option on the roster.

I do think there will be some consideration to inserting Barron at Strong Safety, and moving McDonald to more of a Free Safety role. McLeod does have decent read and react skills, but needs to be more disciplined. (sounds a lot like the things that are constantly being said about Jenkins). IF he realizes his primary function is to not get beat deep, and stops trying to jump routes to go for the kills shot, the entire defense will be better served.

Most experienced? Sure. Not the best. Joyner could step in right now and play at a high level.

I agree with everything else you said, but I like Barron as the hybrid and T.J. Mac as the box safety.