Manziel questions fairness of Browns looking elsewhere for a quarterback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have always been a big fan of Johnny. But he really hasn't gotten much of a chance in Cleveland, it doesn't make sense to burn a first round pick on the guy and give up on him with such a small sample size. He hasn't handled the situation very well at all, but neither have the Browns.
There might be some stuff going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. If it's anything like what the media has magnified since being drafted, then it's likely the Browns don't think he's a good locker room guy, or maybe he's just not exhibiting any interest in putting in the work that others are. Who knows.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
images

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Of course he does. He's a privileged rich kid who's never been told no. He was crying about a parking ticket he got at A&M (which I'm sure was well-deserved), saying he was being singled out. Dude is a bitch. His mom is hot, though.

Yeah she is a MILF and I'd hit it then tell JF I'm his new dad. :sneaky:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There might be some stuff going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. If it's anything like what the media has magnified since being drafted, then it's likely the Browns don't think he's a good locker room guy, or maybe he's just not exhibiting any interest in putting in the work that others are. Who knows.

My guess is it's a willingness issue and that can be damn hard to fix. He was in the middle of a QB competition during camp and pre season but didn't seem to take it very seriously and still doesn't seem to..........

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Idiot really just can't seem to get this isn't college and he's not a big dog nobody wants to say no to anymore. Like a child trying to sit at the adults table, huge disparity in intellect and maturity.

People wondered why I called him Leaf 2.0. Now they know, another spoiled brat who can't deal with the fact that he's a JAG now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Idiot really just can't seem to get this isn't college and he's not a big dog nobody wants to say no to anymore. Like a child trying to sit at the adults table, huge disparity in intellect and maturity.

People wondered why I called him Leaf 2.0. Now they know, another spoiled brat who can't deal with the fact that he's a JAG now.

And he will figure out the writers and media (and fans of course) in CLE take their football really fucking seriously so if he doesn't they will excoriate him. There are NO sacred cows in the football world there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Manziel, rather than bitching, why don't you channel your injury into proving you deserve that spot?

I have to laugh at the Browns here. Should have taken Teddy Bridgewater. It's not like it wasn't evident on college film that Bridgewater was the better QB. You look at their play styles and Bridgewater was a NFL QB playing in college while Manziel is still a college QB despite playing in the NFL.

I'll continue to pound this point home...QBs who rely on their legs are very risky picks. Because they don't learn the skills in college that they have to have for the NFL because they have that athletic trump card against college defenders.

And that is why I wanted Teddy Bridgewater last year and Jameis Winston this year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
who didn't know that this would happen? I guess everyone but the Brown's GM could see this from a million miles away.

Rumor is that the Browns GM had written down Teddy Bridgewater but was overruled by the owner.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Um, Earth to Johnny? The only thing that the team fairly owes you is your contract until they cut you. Beyond that, you're not in a schoolyard anymore. You're in a professional league, and so far, you can't cut the mustard.

That said, I'd still take Manziel over Winston if a gun was to my head and I was forced to make a choice.
exactly, it is clear, Denial in not just a river in Africa....what is this guy still smoking?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rumor is that the Browns GM had written down Teddy Bridgewater but was overruled by the owner.

I don't know if they wrote it down on the draft card but I did hear from friends back home that the HC didn't want him but the owner and GM did after the text exchange. But of course who really knows what happened.

Word is that the GM made the final call so I don't think what you heard is true.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
And he will figure out the writers and media (and fans of course) in CLE take their football really freaking seriously so if he doesn't they will excoriate him. There are NO sacred cows in the football world there.
Then he'll probably just whine about that too, like Leaf blowing up in the locker room all over again. Guys like this just never learn from the mistakes of people like them in the past.

It's so cute when college kids try so desperately to keep the NCAA in the NFL and continue to fail spectacularly.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He should work out with a real NFL QB like Kaepernick to learn how to pass in the NFL.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I don't know if they wrote it down on the draft card but I did hear from friends back home that the HC didn't want him but the owner and GM did after the text exchange. But of course who really knows what happened.

Word is that the GM made the final call so I don't think what you heard is true.

Pretty incompetent for something as miscellaneous as a text message influence a big draft decision like that if true.

fearsomefour

Legend
Manziel, rather than bitching, why don't you channel your injury into proving you deserve that spot?

I have to laugh at the Browns here. Should have taken Teddy Bridgewater. It's not like it wasn't evident on college film that Bridgewater was the better QB. You look at their play styles and Bridgewater was a NFL QB playing in college while Manziel is still a college QB despite playing in the NFL.

I'll continue to pound this point home...QBs who rely on their legs are very risky picks. Because they don't learn the skills in college that they have to have for the NFL because they have that athletic trump card against college defenders.

And that is why I wanted Teddy Bridgewater last year and Jameis Winston this year.
I agree 100%
The running QB thing is a joke. Bridgewater is looking very good.