LEGEND Make Us Laugh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mid_Riff.jpg

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1648889685359.png

remember kids, once you've ass fudged your welsh lady, you get Clubcard points too !

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That one hits close to home. I managed businesses for several years and decided to open a restaurant, then added a brewery. The business end is not all that different so we did well. It used to crack me up that people who did home brewing would want to buy my brewery until they figured out the banks wouldn't loan them money just because they made a couple good beers. Same with restaurants. "I can cook real good. I think I'll open a restaurant.". :laugh4:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
That one hits close to home. I managed businesses for several years and decided to open a restaurant, then added a brewery. The business end is not all that different so we did well. It used to crack me up that people who did home brewing would want to buy my brewery until they figured out the banks wouldn't loan them money just because they made a couple good beers. Same with restaurants. "I can cook real good. I think I'll open a restaurant.". :laugh4:
Is it me, or are microbreweries almost always the earliest pioneers of commercial gentrification?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is it me, or are microbreweries almost always the earliest pioneers of commercial gentrification?
Never really thought about it but it would make sense. You need a large, empty indoor space. Old brick or concrete buildings with concrete floors work really well and give you the look you want. So old commercial areas would have a lot of that at a reasonable price.