Mahomes’ admiration for Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Patrick Mahomes mentions Matthew Stafford as a QB he loved watching growing up​

Matthew Stafford may not be considered one of the all-time great quarterbacks or a first-ballot Hall of Famer like some other players are, but he’s someone his peers love watching – Patrick Mahomes among them.

During his press conference on Tuesday, Mahomes was asked which quarterbacks he enjoyed watching while he was growing up. Though Mahomes was primarily a baseball fan, he named four passers he loved: Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Stafford and Tony Romo.

It’s hardly surprising that he liked watching Stafford when you consider how often Mahomes throws sidearm and no-look passes the way Stafford does, but it’s still awesome to hear Mahomes mention the veteran quarterback’s name in that group.

“If there was one quarterback, I would probably say I loved watching Aaron Rodgers, I liked watching Brett Favre, I liked watching Matthew Stafford – guys that were kind of extending plays, making plays happen. I liked watching Tony Romo a ton, growing up in that East Texas area,” he said.

Mahomes gets a ton of credit for his creativity and off-platform throws, but it was Stafford pulling those off first.

I think every announcer to cover a Chiefs, game, in the future, needs to read this first.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Imagine if Stafford played for a real team instead of the pathetic lions all those years.
Imagine if Stafford came over to the Horns in ‘17 rather than ‘21

Jerrod Carmichael Winner GIF by Golden Globes

Maybe? Just sayin.