Look's Like Another Round Of L.A V St Louis is eminent

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It seems to me part of the Cardinals approach this season is to pitch the Dodgers high and tight...but in no scenario would an intentional HBP make any sense at all.

PhxRam

It seems to me part of the Cardinals approach this season is to pitch the Dodgers high and tight...but in no scenario would an intentional HBP make any sense at all.

keep telling yourself that.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Do you really believe that Wainwright intended to hit Puig at that time?

Those calling out Wainwright for being a douche, obviously does not know him very well, he's probably the most or one of the most classy guys in the organization.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If I was the Cardinals manager this is what I would do:

Next year when we faced the Dodgers (because let's face it, intentionally throwing at someone during the playoffs with so much on the line makes no sense) I'd pick a player, for this scenario let's say Gonzalez, and tell my staff to hit him every time he's at bat. As hard as they want, anywhere but the head.
Don't worry about fines, I'll pay them.
Suspension? We're deep with pitching. No problem.

This way Adrian Gonzalez knows what it looks like when someone is throwing at him on purpose so he'll have a point of reference the next time he's accusing somebody of it.

Last edited:

PhxRam

Do you really believe that Wainwright intended to hit Puig at that time?

Those calling out Wainwright for being a douche, obviously does not know him very well, he's probably the most or one of the most classy guys in the organization.

The Cardinals pitching staff have routinely plunked the meat of the Dodgers order dating back to last year.

If this happened a few times, okay I will give the benefit of the doubt, but this has happened at LEAST 6 times now.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
The Cardinals pitching staff have routinely plunked the meat of the Dodgers order dating back to last year.

If this happened a few times, okay I will give the benefit of the doubt, but this has happened at LEAST 6 times now.

I've seen Cardinal pitchers hit players on most of the teams they've faced this season.
Pretty sure those weren't intentional.

Maybe they all just have terrible control and any success by this staff is just a fluke.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It's the truth.
If you take the emotional attachment out of it there is simply no reason to believe otherwise. If you have watched the Cardinals play at all in the last few season you'd know that there are certain batters they go after high inside on the zone.

Adam Wainwright, one of the classiest guys in sports...yeah, he's trying to hurt players. So much so that immediately following the dust up he sought out Puig to apologize.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I don't believe the Dodgers think they are doing it on purpose, I've heard Mattingly and Kershaw say as much but the fact that it keeps happening over and over again is what is causing the tensions. Anyway, looking forward to a good game today.

PhxRam

It's the truth.
If you take the emotional attachment out of it there is simply no reason to believe otherwise. If you have watched the Cardinals play at all in the last few season you'd know that there are certain batters they go after high inside on the zone.

Adam Wainwright, one of the classiest guys in sports...yeah, he's trying to hurt players. So much so that immediately following the dust up he sought out Puig to apologize.

Seems like Gonzales thinks otherwise

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Big kudos to Kemp. That was a clutch home run, and Neshek hasn't given up too many of them. As a Cardinals fan, the Dodgers earned this game.

Now we're coming home. Let's give the Dodgers a warm welcome.

GO CARDS!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Seems like Gonzales thinks otherwise
No love lost between Adrian and Molina.
I thought the hit was intentional at first. Then I saw Wainwright tapping his chest as if to say it was his mistake.
Greinke was incredible tonight.
AJ has been clutch
Donny needs to move Kemp to the 2 spot and move Puig down to the 4 spot.
The 2 spot should be getting good pitches with Adrian batting 3rd. It's not. Their pitching Puig junk and he's swinging at it. Until he starts drawing walks he needs to be moved down.
Kemp has been hot for a month anyway.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
This game is a total toss up. How is Ryu going to pitch after not starting in over a month. Will John Lackey's playoff experience matter?

This game decides the series IMO.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
This game is a HUGE reason why Mo pulled the trigger to get Lackey (not the only reason, but a big part of it)...

Looking forward to it!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Did Yadi overreact? Sure. Without a doubt, and he'll probably get fined. But Gonzalez should share a good portion of the blame, as he was the one who started the altercation in the first place. He overreacted to a pitch that Wainwright did not intend to hit Puig with.
It's not that. Gonzalez just wanted to be sure that Molina knew who the Dodgers feel is instigating all the inside pitches.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
This game is a total toss up. How is Ryu going to pitch after not starting in over a month. Will John Lackey's playoff experience matter?

This game decides the series IMO.
I think Lackey's big game experience was a big factor here. So was the Cardinals superior bullpen. (y)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
10173589_10152327785482217_441629705468778596_n.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Funny.
I'll tell you what though.
Dodgers fans are some of the best of all of sports. They are always at the top 0 the league in ticket sells.
Bandwagon fans. No.

You'll have to go to Anaheim for that.