Looking ahead to the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
What do you think our biggest needs are?

I STILL have to go with OL. Watching Dak have all day to throw, and seeing Elliot run wild has me begging for a good offensive line. Quick and Britt are pleasant surprises, and I can only imagine what a better QB could do with them.

After that I'd go with CB, LE, WR.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Usually when we are out of the playoff race mid way through the season I look forward to the draft but not having a first round pick really hurts... But I would say that we need OL, DE, LB, S

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Ugh these post are so depressing because i've seen the same thread for the last 12 years.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
With that said, I'd go DE, OL, OL, OL. Oh wait didn't we just do that last draft??? Ugh these coaches are fucking terrible.

I'm positive that no matter who's drafted this offensive coaching staff is so inept they wouldn't be able to develop Orlando Pace.

My Sources

UDFA
Kind of hard to think about the draft with the powers that be still in place. They couldn't adequately build a team when they had a trove of picks, why should this year be any different?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DE, OL, LB, CB

I could probably make a case for any order of those.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't have the energy for this. :sadwalk:

nanotech

Rookie
What do you think our biggest needs are?

I STILL have to go with OL. Watching Dak have all day to throw, and seeing Elliot run wild has me begging for a good offensive line. Quick and Britt are pleasant surprises, and I can only imagine what a better QB could do with them.

After that I'd go with CB, LE, WR.

Holder. Hecker needs to focus on one thing.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's hope the new coach can draft some offensive talent . Fisher and Snead have whiffed on just about every pick except Gurley .

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd go with a defensive end, cornerback (probably two of them), and a center. I'm not ready to pull the plug on our offensive line as a whole, but I'd likely let go of Barnes and Saffold. Put Jamon Brown in at left guard, keep Wichmann and Havenstein on the right, have Robinson and Battle wage a competition for the left tackle job, and draft a good young center.

I disagree that we need a linebacker. Ogletree and Barron are doing fine, and Forrest is a rookie who will likely get better with time.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Have they whiffed or has the talent not been developed properly or used properly

Yes haha.

I don't think Robinson will ever be an elite LT, serviceable with occasion flashes of dominance seems to be his game. Brown doesn't seem that impressive for a 3rd rounder. Donnal is a head scratcher for a 4th. He's a fringe depth guy as far as I can tell. He isn't very good at any one thing. Havenstein is a solid player, he seems to be the most consistent guy on the line. Saffold and Barnes are just bad IMO. Even bad players can have good moments and sometimes even good games. Look at their overall body of work, I'm not impressed, especially Saffold, he got paid. Barnes has the smarts and not the physical talent unfortunately. I'm with most of you guys, I liked Kush as his backup and potential change of pace in case of a running game like we are seeing now. Need a quality Center and LG that can fire off and get to the second level. That might help take the pressure off of GRob and help him settle in.