Local Radio Rams Coverage??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram77

Rookie
This should be the most exciting time of the year if you’re an LA Rams fan. First playoff game in about 3 days. So much to discuss relating to the Rams, their opponent, strategy, injuries and so on. So I have an hour drive every morning from 8-9AM. This morning at 8AM I flipped on the radio at 710AM “Rams Radio Home” and it was nonstop Lakers talk. The Lakers. An 11-22 Lakers team. Look I love the Lakers but it’s a horrible season yet again for them and it’s not even mid-season yet. They had LZ, George and the annoying Laker insider Ramona Shelburne. She literally says the word “like” 50 times a minute-no joke. I had to switch stations. I couldn’t listen to those fools anymore. They completely ignored any talk of the Rams biggest game in almost 15 years. I flipped stations and kept coming back to check but there was nothing. Maybe I just turned the station on at the wrong hour?? But come on maybe just a 5-10 minute segment on the playoff game on Saturday would have been nice-but no dice. Also that hater Keyshawn Johnson was no where to be found.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lakers suck @$$. But they've ingrained themselves into LA to the point where they're always a conversation. What you gotta do is call in and force the conversation I guess. I quit listening to ESPN 710, just terrible programming and the football types all dislike the Rams.

Rams need to integrate themselves into the LA consciousness, starting with a huge curb stomping of the Falcons Saturday night in the first LA home playoff game in forever. And hell why stop there let's run the table the rest of the way and go win a Super Bowl MFers!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I did hear some Rams talk this morning, but there is rarely any depth to it on 710 ESPNLA. One of the guys says "Going to the Super Bowl," but it always devolves into entertainment BS. I have been studying this station versus others of Rams opponents (I listen to ESPN stations in opponents home cities). I listened to ESPN's in New York, Seattle, Nashville, Minneapolis, and lately Atlanta.

Going back to the way St Louis used to spend most of the day talking Rams, EVEN WHEN THEY SUCKeD, I wondered (and was told by some) that that was "small town" coverage. Or before the season, "LA has so many sports teams and who are the Rams? They suck." Look at the above cities, most of which have multiple sports teams..He.ll, Atlanta has a participant in the College National Championship game, and I heard more in depth talk about the Falcons and even about the Rams than ESPNLA in the same time frame.

I really think it's just this ESPN station in LA that sucks so bad. The other cities radio shows know every single position player on the team, which I don't think the LA crew knows even before a Wild Card game. Other cities will obsess about a particular unit, and bring in ex-Pro's who played the position and they would discuss what was happening, and this would last almost an hour at times. I'm not talking about on-air personalities that every station brings (Schefter, Peter King, etc...), but guys who are not famous but did play the NFL game. Meanwhile, ESPNLA barely says the same position group is bad (or good), and then move on to Laker news.

The Lakers and the NBA are really all this station cares about, with the Dodgers being a distant 2nd. I know the Morning Show, even with Keyshawn Johnson, would be very satisfied to not talk about the Rams at all and just have it be Lakers 24/7. Keyshawn himself has been missing since he guaranteed the Hawks would beat the Rams at CLink and would win the division. (lol), where even his vapid co-hosts have been teasing the missing NFL star on-air.

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yeah there's been a lot of post on this and it's pretty unanimous that everyone feels exactly the same

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny how Warner normally leans toward the veteran QB, instead of a talented young guy like Goff.....When a talented young guy stepped in for Green when he was injured in 1999, and did a pretty good job..

fearsomefour

Legend
It's funny how Warner normally leans toward the veteran QB, instead of a talented young guy like Goff.....When a talented young guy stepped in for Green when he was injured in 1999, and did a pretty good job..
That's just the reality of the NFL.
He was also like 26 or so then.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's just the reality of the NFL.
He was also like 26 or so then.

With zero starting experience in the NFL at 26, was Warner. an older Warner, wouldn't even take the field to run a Green Bay offense in practice and was cut a short time later. Goff has poise that Warner could only dream of at age 22-23. He's projecting his own deficiencies as a young QB onto Goff, and Goff is doing a helluva job right now, who can rely on an MVP caliber RB to lead the way. This is also the reality.

fearsomefour

Legend
With zero starting experience in the NFL at 26, was Warner. an older Warner, wouldn't even take the field to run a Green Bay offense in practice and was cut a short time later. Goff has poise that Warner could only dream of at age 22-23. He's projecting his own deficiencies as a young QB onto Goff, and Goff is doing a helluva job right now, who can rely on an MVP caliber RB to lead the way. This is also the reality.
Maybe he is.
Maybe it is just the norm.
Stating the norm is safe, but, it is also the way it is in most cases.
Goff may tear it up or he may see some things he hasn't seen before....more likely in Minnesota that this week.
Let's say he has an ok game....19-34 220 yards 1 TD 1 int.
But twice the WR ran the wrong route or depth on route, 3 drops by receives, the OL struggles and he is sacked several time and fumbled twice. One could say well he "should" have been about 26 completions and the fumbles he was blindsided. The other side would say, he was under 50% completions and turned it over three times.
Both would be right.
It is what it is. Tons of experience does not equate to a lot of great playoff games by default either....see Peyton Manning.