Lj's "no Sammy Watkins" Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11 (TENN): Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA (A)
Round 1 Pick 19 (MIA): Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan (B+)
Round 2 Pick 13: David Yankey, OG, Stanford (A-)
Round 2 Pick 17 (DAL): Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (B)
Round 2 Pick 19 (MIA): E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri (B-)
Round 3 Pick 13: Ty Zimmerman, FS, Kansas State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 17 (DAL): Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas (A)
Round 3 Pick 19 (MIA): Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 13: David Fales, QB, San Jose State (A)
Round 5 Pick 13: James Wilder Jr., RB, Florida State (A)
Round 6 Pick 13: L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri (A-)
Round 7 Pick 13: Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma (B+)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2015 Round 1 Pick (TENN)
2016 Round 1 Pick

This is assuming (but doubtful) if Dunbar is not resigned and we get a vet WR on the low low

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Nice Job LJ. I wouldn't hate this draft at all. I'm a big trenches guy and we certainly would beef up the OL with this. I don't know enough about some of the defensive guys you picked but will do some homework.

I do like the Fales pick for the future (if needed). I'm souring on Lewan. Not from a talent standpoint. I keep reading all these negative things about him. Rape, beating up another guy in a bar, etc. Don't know how true they are, but it's a concern.

I'm also a big UCLA fan. I think Barr adds another dimension we need from the LB spot. Nice job bro.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice Job LJ. I wouldn't hate this draft at all. I'm a big trenches guy and we certainly would beef up the OL with this. I don't know enough about some of the defensive guys you picked but will do some homework.

I do like the Fales pick for the future (if needed). I'm souring on Lewan. Not from a talent standpoint. I keep reading all these negative things about him. Rape, beating up another guy in a bar, etc. Don't know how true they are, but it's a concern.

I'm also a big UCLA fan. I think Barr adds another dimension we need from the LB spot. Nice job bro.

I will say this...I wanted Clinton-Dix at 19, but he was gone already. I dont know much about OT after the second round and when I did pick a OT in the 2nd round. I got a bad grade each time. I still doing my homework there.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Oh you finnin to piss off some RFIP boys lol. :woot:Fight Fight Fight. Lol jk

Alan

Legend
ljramsfan opening my eyes:
I will say this...I wanted Clinton-Dix at 19, but he was gone already. I dont know much about OT after the second round and when I did pick a OT in the 2nd round. I got a bad grade each time. I still doing my homework there.

I've said in a different thread that I thought the pick grades were all about the player and not where you picked him. That seems to be totally incorrect. Now I'm not sure what it means. :disappoint:

As for your mock, why the OLB as our first pick? I'm pretty sure you want him to replace Dunbar and I want to replace him too but Dunbar doesn't play in obvious passing downs because of his lack of coverage skills. It appears you're replacing him with a player with a similar skill set (although he probably does it better). I can't find any analysis of him that praises his pass defending skills. Many sites list him as a 3-4 OLB like the site I list below. What's your thinking on this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-barr-passed-jadeveon-clowney-on-draft-boards
Has "Collapsing for Clowney" given way to "Bombing for Barr?" If you run a 3-4 defense, it has, with NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks pointing to the production and versatility UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr has shown this season to outpace South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney.

I like it overall.

V3

Hall of Fame
Two OLBs in the top two rounds? Are you planning on replacing JL55? Not sure that's good value at all since we're mostly in the nickle or dime package to prevent passing. He wouldn't be used enough to warrant the high pick.

That's the only thing I don't get with this draft.

…..

Legend
Barr with Ogletree would be a great thing...especially in this division.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just not sexy enough for me. I don't think we need a LB that high if we resign Dnbar. I think we need to land at least one of the big playmakers in round 1, via Watkins/Clowney.