Lions to hire NE Matt Patricia?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Dude's going to be a great HC. I stumped hard for y'all to sign him last year - although McVay worked out well - because he's a great defensive mind, he's got experience coaching offense, and he's just straight-up smart. And not tied to a particular scheme.

I would have been livid had the Rams hired him as head coach.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I haven't been a fan of his demeanor on the sideline when things are going wrong. He's going to need to figure out how to better balance his emotions.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i think its a decent hire .... i hope it works for them ...as i love me some stafford ... guy is nails and i respect that

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Makes sense.
Number one thing to consider in a job is QB.

And like I posted New York Daily News renown sports reporter Gary Myers on a radio show stated that one the reasons that Patricia would chose the Giants over the Lions was because he could draft the QB he wanted and i could not believe the local radio guys interviewing him did not bring up Stafford, but that is par for the course because local guys are just happy to have a guest, but I'm still shocked because Patricia was born in Upstate, NY and graduated from RPI University here in Albany (Troy, NY) shocked having the opportunity to coach the Giants, he would go with Detroit, but I guess he is really close to Bob Quinn the Lions GM.

fearsomefour

Legend
And like I posted New York Daily News renown sports reporter Gary Myers on a radio show stated that one the reasons that Patricia would chose the Giants over the Lions was because he could draft the QB he wanted and i could not believe the local radio guys interviewing him did not bring up Stafford, but that is par for the course because local guys are just happy to have a guest, but I'm still shocked because Patricia was born in Upstate, NY and graduated from RPI University here in Albany (Troy, NY) shocked having the opportunity to coach the Giants, he would go with Detroit, but I guess he is really close to Bob Quinn the Lions GM.
I would always want a proven vet QB to start out with. But that ma just me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would always want a proven vet QB to start out with. But that ma just me.

I agree so would I, but it appears the tipping point is Patricia's asscociation with Quinn, they worked together at New England, whereas Patricia does not know new Giants GM Dave Gettleman and there is much to clean up in New York, whereas, Detroit is on the cusp of being a playoff team. Add that most likely that Patricia has good offensive coaches in place and it makes the decision that much easier.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree so would I, but it appears the tipping point is Patricia's asscociation with Quinn, they worked together at New England, whereas Patricia does not know new Giants GM Dave Gettleman and there is much to clean up in New York, whereas, Detroit is on the cusp of being a playoff team. Add that most likely that Patricia has good offensive coaches in place and it makes the decision that much easier.
Agreed. Would seeem the better choice.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Ever been to Detroit?

No
But I've seen it on TV

IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2390.JPG
IMG_2388.JPG

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Dude's going to be a great HC. I stumped hard for y'all to sign him last year - although McVay worked out well - because he's a great defensive mind, he's got experience coaching offense, and he's just straight-up smart. And not tied to a particular scheme.

we shall see. People said the same thing about McDaniel's