Lions to hire NE Matt Patricia?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Patricia = Next Lions victim

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
WOW, did Patricia choose the Lions over the Giants.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Dude's going to be a great HC. I stumped hard for y'all to sign him last year - although McVay worked out well - because he's a great defensive mind, he's got experience coaching offense, and he's just straight-up smart. And not tied to a particular scheme.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Defense is where they need the most help. That and a decent RB!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I guess the bond between Lions GM Bob Quinn and Patricia was too strong for the Giants to break.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude's going to be a great HC. I stumped hard for y'all to sign him last year - although McVay worked out well - because he's a great defensive mind, he's got experience coaching offense, and he's just straight-up smart. And not tied to a particular scheme.
but...it's the Lions. The Rebuilding Since 1957, Lions.

Ouch.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Plus they say Patricia can really command a room and for a rocket scientist that is rare commodity....Great Get by the Lions and their fan base deserves it....I chuckle as a local radio station up here had Gary Myers on who works for the Daily News and has been around awhile and he said, that Patricia would choose the Giants over the Lions because of the history of success and the fact that he could draft his own QB, which I disagreed with because the Lions already have a superior signal caller in place, who is still 29....Any Myers said nothing about the Lions having Quinn, again, in the long run it seems nobody has a clue or inside information.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outside of a mostly losing tradition, I think the Lions is an attractive landing spot for Patricia.

QB spot is set.

Pieces on both sides to build from.

I think it’s a good job if he can break the cycle.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Outside of a mostly losing tradition, I think the Lions is an attractive landing spot for Patricia.

QB spot is set.

Pieces on both sides to build from.

I think it’s a good job if he can break the cycle.

Yeah it's an ideal spot. If MP can fix the defense (21st in points against) they are a playoff team. With a vet QB he doesn't have to sweat coaching up the QB and the offense at large, just ensure they stay balanced and pair that with an improved defense.

All that aside, I'm not sold on Patricia. Belichick is the defensive master on that staff. Can MP hold it down outside of the shadow of the emperor? We'll see.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plus they say Patricia can really command a room and for a rocket scientist that is rare commodity....Great Get by the Lions and their fan base deserves it....I chuckle as a local radio station up here had Gary Myers on who works for the Daily News and has been around awhile and he said, that Patricia would choose the Giants over the Lions because of the history of success and the fact that he could draft his own QB, which I disagreed with because the Lions already have a superior signal caller in place, who is still 29....Any Myers said nothing about the Lions having Quinn, again, in the long run it seems nobody has a clue or inside information.
Gettleman is going to control the draft, not the HC. Not sure how things are gonna work out for big blue if the gm is gonna micromanage like that.
Don’t know who else they are interested in

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

When it comes to first time head coaches, I am always a wait and see guy. Lots of Belichick assistants have not been as good as expected

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's the one Belichick assistant whom I think will do quite well. Has experience with both sides of the ball, very intelligent, beloved by his players, and has helped NE's defense overachieve the past few years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard Patricia was up for the Giants gig?

Poor bastard ending up in Detroit.

Huh? Jim Caldwell went 36-28 in Detroit with two playoff appearances in four years and three winning seasons in four years. The Lions have a good team.