PREGAME Lions Pregame

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Those fuckin haters are barely disguising their disgust that the Lions aren't full strength vs the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One area I expect will be of crucial importance in this game is the redzone defense for both teams. Feels like both offenses will probably move the ball up and down the field but there's a noteworthy disparity in the redzone production for each unit on the defensive side of the ball...

(TD only percentages for both sides of the ball)

OFFENSE
Rams Redzone: 63.64% (4th in league)
Lions Redzone: 64.06% (3rd in league)

DEFENSE

Rams Redzone: 54.17% (15th in league)
Lions Redzone: 66.04% (29th in league)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that made for a terrible morning. I had to surf the internet.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
IMO it is more personal for Goff with good reason. McVay sabotaged him implying he couldn't trust him to read defenses. Goff should see the trade for what it was. For Goff it was a career saver, proving McVay wrong about him for being petty about his not being his QB. Had McVay given him the support he needed and modified the offense to what it is today Goff would have been just fine here in LA.

IMO it will always be a win win for both teams. Stafford got an inordinate amount of blame for the Lion's failings even though it had more to do with problems with the GM and HCs. Both Matt and Jared have been given the opportunity to prove themselves and they have.

Could things been handled better with Goff, absolutely. But it's all moot at this point 3 years removed. Both teams are completely different now.

The crucial difference between the Lions and the Rams offense is the Rams are legitimately 4 deep at WR, with a legitimate OL, and a solid starting RB. The Ram DL is better with Donald, Turner and Young. The secondary for both teams is at times boom/bust but I give the Lions the edge there by virtue of slightly better depth.

The Lion's OC Ben Johnson is absolutely top tier. They will likely lose him next year as he's high on everyones wish list. He should get as huge amount of credit for the development of Goff.

This is going to be a good game.
There's no way we can know for sure but I seriously don't believe Goff coulda done what Stafford did the the final minutes of the last 3 playoff games. Which means I don't believe we win a Superbowl with Goff. Yes, he can win plenty of games and get to the playoffs most years. But he can't do what guys like Stafford, Mahomes, Brady, etc. did to win a championship.

Detroit has one the best lines in the league on offense. Montgomery and Gibbs are two good running backs. St Brown is a good receiver. After him the others are more like role players who have had their moments. We will have to contain the run and get enough pressure on Goff to slow down that offense.

We are better at quarterback and receivers. Our line isn't far behind theirs. Kyren Williams is better than either of their running backs but we don't have the one two punch they have. Both defenses have holes in them. To me it comes down to which defense gives up the most big plays. The one who doesn't will probably win.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
One area I expect will be of crucial importance in this game is the redzone defense for both teams. Feels like both offenses will probably move the ball up and down the field but there's a noteworthy disparity in the redzone production for each unit on the defensive side of the ball...

(TD only percentages for both sides of the ball)

OFFENSE
Rams Redzone: 63.64% (4th in league)
Lions Redzone: 64.06% (3rd in league)

DEFENSE

Rams Redzone: 54.17% (15th in league)
Lions Redzone: 66.04% (29th in league)
Good. Let’s go for 2 all day. Fuck our kicking game.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Greg Beacham
@gregbeacham
·
16m
OL Joe Noteboom, S Jordan Fuller and LB Troy Reeder didn't participate in the Rams' walkthrough today due to injury. Sean McVay declines to guess whether Fuller will be healthy to play Sunday in Detroit.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
IMO it is more personal for Goff with good reason. McVay sabotaged him implying he couldn't trust him to read defenses. Goff should see the trade for what it was. For Goff it was a career saver, proving McVay wrong about him for being petty about his not being his QB. Had McVay given him the support he needed and modified the offense to what it is today Goff would have been just fine here in LA.

IMO it will always be a win win for both teams. Stafford got an inordinate amount of blame for the Lion's failings even though it had more to do with problems with the GM and HCs. Both Matt and Jared have been given the opportunity to prove themselves and they have.

Could things been handled better with Goff, absolutely. But it's all moot at this point 3 years removed. Both teams are completely different now.

The crucial difference between the Lions and the Rams offense is the Rams are legitimately 4 deep at WR, with a legitimate OL, and a solid starting RB. The Ram DL is better with Donald, Turner and Young. The secondary for both teams is at times boom/bust but I give the Lions the edge there by virtue of slightly better depth.

The Lion's OC Ben Johnson is absolutely top tier. They will likely lose him next year as he's high on everyones wish list. He should get as huge amount of credit for the development of Goff.

This is going to be a good game.
McVay won the Super Bowl.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In before the next Yeast is rising type post.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Jourdan Rodrigue
@JourdanRodrigue
·
23m
As the 2021 postseason began, Von Miller started bringing his model of the Lombardi trophy into the locker room every day and leaving notes underneath as motivation.

As the Rams prepare for the playoffs, another player has assumed the role. The note reads, “whatever it takes.”

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My concern is on Special Teams. I’m sure we all recall Coach ‘Kneecaps’ using tricks on special teams in an attempt to keep the game close two years ago.

Well the Lions still use those trick plays and the Rams Special Teams have not been very good.