Lightning striking twice: is it possible?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
We all know how we want this season to end. With a SB beatdown victory over the Patriots with Brady sacked 8+ times while throwing in a couple of picks and fumbles. Resulting in the retirement of Brady and Bellechik and the end of the Patriots dynasty. And that still would not be enough karmac justice to balance the scales of the 2001 SB they stole from the Rams.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
We all know how we want this season to end. With a SB beatdown victory over the Patriots with Brady sacked 8+ times while throwing in a couple of picks and fumbles. Resulting in the retirement of Brady and Bellechik and the end of the Patriots dynasty. And that still would not be enough karmac justice to balance the scales of the 2001 SB they stole from the Rams.

Please let that be so.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
While we're at some correlations (if it hasn't already been mentioned), I'll give you ...
1998 we went 4 and 12
2016 we went 4 and 12
I know it doesn't mean anything, just like this thread hopefully won't JINX the season :)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
now I'm waiting for the three playoff type matchups on our sched to be sure this is that level of team. Nice thing about these guys is I don't think they have a ceiling. They look like they can play with anyone and if they keep improving yeah, this might be lightning striking twice.
THIS^^^^!! I predicted 13-3 at the beginning of the season and I'm sticking to it! I may even kick it up a notch or two and go to 14-2!!(y);):yess::pillowfight:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Lightning Myths: Lightning never strikes the same place twice.

TRUTH: The old saying that 'lightning never strikes the same place twice' is another myth that any veteran storm observer or researcher has seen nature defy. Lightning can strike any location more than once.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Billboard.gif

Camera's flashing.gif

Fist Bump.gif

IMG_51954121005792.jpeg

like.png

55555.jpg

winner1.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
Interesting. In 1999, the Rams schedule featured that year's rookie QB class and their divisional games were against teams missing a significant player due to injury: (Falcons (2) - RB Jamal Anderson, 49ers (2) - QB Steve Young, Saints (2) - Ricky Williams).

So far, this year they've seen the Colts minus Andrew Luck, the Giants minus Janoris Jenkins and Odell Beckham, and the team knocked out Cardinals Carson Palmer early. And this week here comes the Texans minus Deshaun Watson. A few more opponent injuries and I'll really begin to wonder.:sneaky:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm head first into the pool full of the cherry flavor!
This is fun! So, early September, we were all in head first. Now it's nearly 1/3 the way through November and the dream is more alive than ever. The bandwagon has some pretty bold guys jumping on our dream train.
Superbowl.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I was a little disappointed in Kurt Warner yesterday

He was asked if he was buying into that the Rams are serious contenders for the NFC

And I thought for sure Warner would say something creative like

No one was buying into the 99 Rams and look what happened

but nope

Warner was like , well , I need to see a little more out of Goff in close games , I need to see a little more out of the defense

o_O

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
From here: http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/football-outsiders-say-the-best-team-in-the-nfl-is.52086/

It has been a long, long time since the Rams were this good. The Rams had not been in the DVOA top ten any later than Week 1 since they ranked No. 6 in Week 8 of 2003. They were last No. 1 in Week 4 of 2001. (Despite going 14-2, that Rams team was behind the Philadelphia Eagles in DVOA for most of the season.)
Am I correct in assuming that DVOA is some kind of almost undetectable performance enhancing substance?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Warner was like , well , I need to see a little more out of Goff in close games , I need to see a little more out of the defense

Well to be fair he's probably right. Kurt's not a Rams homer like the rest of us, or Marshall lol. I think the three games we have coming up vs the Vikes, Eagles, and Shehawks will tell us what we need to know. So it's still a bit early admittedly, but damn if it ain't fun to dream while we hope to see this team advance to 7-2 this weekend.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok dudes with the first playoff game Saturday night here's your chance to change your mind! Who's all-in???

All you hand wringers and worriers knock it off and climb aboard cause this train's leavin the station MFers! :p

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Another weird coincidence from the 99 season....Atlanta was coming off of a Superbowl loss that season too. Hmmmmm.......

Q729

Legend
Too bad Marshall's not around anymore for some Rams homer insight on the shows.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But Merlin, the Rams won 13 games in 1999, Ya fakir!