Lewan ahead of Matthews on Rams board? Kiper seems to think so.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Moving the draft was a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE decision. :mad:
Goodhell continues to chip away at the game, little by little, his planned destruction continues. But the owners are so dumb and greedy that all they can see is the fat TV contracts and everything else is invisible to them. It's a hard one to watch.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
All I know is picking Lewan >>>>>>>>> Quick.

Quick was a rookie GM move. You just hope Snead learned from it.

Last year Snead was much better. So there's hope.

And if they really like Lewan, it's nuts to take him at #2, they could fire sale the pick and still get one of the 3 OTs at #8.

V3

Hall of Fame
His feet look a little sluggish to me, he plays high quite a bit, and that dude is going to rack up the penalties in the NFL. He can't control his emotions. Reminds me of Incognito in that regard.

Alan

Legend
Keep in mind an important fact. We would not have head any of these stories if the draft has been held when it should have been. Media filler IMO.

V3

Hall of Fame
Keep in mind an important fact. We would not have head any of these stories if the draft has been held when it should have been. Media filler IMO.

Hence my earlier post.

tumblr_msis41JHqu1shng6po1_400.gif

DAMN YOU NFL!!

FRO

Legend
I am petrified that we are going to royally screw up this draft based on all the garbage coming from the media. Learning that we have interest in Taylor Lewan AND Martavis Bryant in the same day? No bueno.
Me too. Been burnt too many times. Get Clowney, Watkins, Matthews, or Robinson and I will breath a sigh of relief. Don't overthink it like we did with Quick.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Don't know, Stranger, a lot of the rumors going around about the Rams right before the draft (desperately wanted Tavon, loved Ogletree, wanted to trade down from 22) turned out to be true.
Except that those were right before the draft. We're still 10 days out.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If they are dumb enough to do this, it will bring back memories of Jason Smith for me and I will lose a lot of confidence in the guys in charge. I dare anyone that knows the OL position well to put on Matthews's film and Lewan's film, takes notes, and then honestly tell me that Lewan is better.
He's not better. He may have more upside. Too many issues for me, and I can't believe the Rams would have him higher, but this might be more of a case on who we think we could get at a certain position. IDK.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not at 2. Maybe they want a lay maker at 2 like Watkins or Mack and figure Lewan will be a good alternative to still get their OT. But no way do they pick him at 2.

If they draft Lewan then I think Jake Long is a Ram for the long haul.

The thing that makes me not believe the rumor is that Lewan or Long do not translate to Guard. So then they have to sit an OT this year. Fisher likes versatility.

The one thing that could go in Lewans favor of being chosen top 5 is NFL egos think they can coach better technique to everyone, even though it isn't always true.

Muleman

UDFA
One thing about it, if we pick an offensive lineman high we don't have much excuse for it to not work out since we have arguably the best Oline coach in the league. Doubt we pick an online in first without coach Bou blessing.
For now, that's good enough for me.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Aren't there some character concerns with Lewan?

I thought he got in legal trouble recently.

He did. I'm not going to continue to repeat myself, but his character concerns are why I hate him, not only as a prospect, but as a person as well.

If we draft him, I'll throw the fucking remote through my television.

Alan

Legend
Memento with a new threat:
He did. I'm not going to continue to repeat myself, but his character concerns are why I hate him, not only as a prospect, but as a person as well.

If we draft him, I'll throw the freaking remote through my television.
I don't know how this draft will turn out but I think you should seriously think about getting some insurance for your TV. Against sudden breakage. :LOL: There seems to be quite a few scenarios where your TV doesn't survive the ordeal. :ROFLMAO:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm going to shave Snead's head while he sleeps if he picks Lewan over Matthews or Robinson.