Let's talk about Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
All this is why I'm getting his rookie jersey autographed, probably keep it a few years then put it in a school auction

A320driver

Rookie
Today at training camp Davin Joseph alone shut him down for the most part in 11 on 11 when they went against each other.

This shouldn't surprise anyone...They have also been raving about Greg Robinson and how well he's doing!
I mean it's all relative..GR is gonna struggle, and Donald will too until they both get more settled.
Robinson got smoked by Quinn the first day..never even layed a hand on him. And yet Hooey had a few good days against Quinn in OTA's ..neither where in pads.
My point is that even Tavon took awhile before he lit it up by the end of the year..Very rare a rookie can walk in and light up a veteran on day one...They will be fine though. I think the positives are based on what other rookies have done in the past as far as what the coaching staff is used to seeing.
On another note Sammy Watkins IS Lighting it up in Buffalo Bills Camp !!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am crazy excited about the buzz with Donald, but I worry we are setting him/ourselves up for disappointment if he doesn't come out of the gate strong.

We need to remember he is a rookie.

FRO

Legend
I'm not surprised he is doing well. When you see what he did in college, then you see that quickness, speed, and power translate to the combine, it's a no brainer. Had he been 6-5 310 he would have been picked before Clowney. He is going to be an elite player for us.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I'm not surprised he is doing well. When you see what he did in college, then you see that quickness, speed, and power translate to the combine, it's a no brainer. Had he been 6-5 310 he would have been picked before Clowney. He is going to be an elite player for us.

Yup I agree. Being 6'1 is what allowed him to drop.

I was a Clinton-Dix guy before the draft but I'm really happy it worked out the way it has.

Athos

Legend
Pretty sure it was a 4 year deal, but if Langford is still productive, may as well keep him. Good to have a 3rd DT that you trust as much as the Rams trust Langford.

Super excited about Donald though.

Yep. Keep that DL fresh. We can move guys in and out without missing too much of a beat. That'll run the Os ragged as no o-line has the depth to match our D-line depth.

FRO

Legend
Yeah I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of Langford either. He isn't a world beater, but he is solid and versatile. Guys do get hurt in the NFL, so depth can be very good. It's also nice to keep guys fresh throughout the game, so having a deep rotation only helps.

PolarBear

Rookie
Did you go today? If so ... anything to report?
Yeah, I was there but had to leave early. Jake Long looked healthy and even participated in the uphill drill. Quinn seemed unstoppable again. The QBs had a very inaccurate day. The defense as a whole dominated the offense, even the secondary seemed to outplay the wrs. Joyner had a scare going down with an unknown injury, but returned and intercepted a pass. Williams brought an attitude to practice, he even yelled out expletives at players. Britt was also loud as usual. The QBs threw lots of check downs as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I was there but had to leave early. Jake Long looked healthy and even participated in the uphill drill. Quinn seemed unstoppable again. The QBs had a very inaccurate day. The defense as a whole dominated the offense, even the secondary seemed to outplay the wrs. Joyner had a scare going down with an unknown injury, but returned and intercepted a pass. Williams brought an attitude to practice, he even yelled out expletives at players. Britt was also loud as usual. The QBs threw lots of check downs as well.
Awesome. Thanks man.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Can't they just play the second unit defense against our starting offense? I wanna see what the offense can do lol. The starting defense refuses to give them time to do anything.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Think it was John Clayton when asked to describe how bad the Cowboys defensive line is, said that if you took the Rams 5-8th best d-linemen, they'd all be better than Dallas' starters.

Made me smile :D

If Snead luck holds on his new brand new rookie DL'ers Donald & Sam & if DL'er Westbrooks turns up the heat??? The Cowboys could come calling in offerings of future draft picks for a couple of the Rams backup DL'ers....Snead could take advantage of Jerry in the worse way.:heh:

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
If Snead luck holds on his new brand new rookie DL'ers Donald & Sam & if DL'er Westbrooks turns up the heat??? The Cowboys could come calling in offerings of future draft picks for a couple of the Rams backup DL'ers....Snead could take advantage of Jerry in the worse way.:heh:
Does this mean we might have a chance to get their cheerleaders? Otherwise, I'm not interested. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It may not be in 2014 because rookie DTs often take time to develop but Donald will be a game changing talent for this team. He's rare.

Alan

Legend
TGZ singing my song:
I was a Clinton-Dix guy before the draft but I'm really happy it worked out the way it has.
I too was hoping for Ha-Ha at #13. We had a thread before the draft where the question was asked if we'd take Donald if he fell. I'm not sure it was unanimous that everyone here said yes but I think it was very close to unanimous.

Definite steal. Quinn fell to us because of unwarranted concerns about his brain surgery. That was huge for use. Things are evening up for all the bad years.

Karma.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'd love to take advantage of ol' Jerry and the boys! Especially after we demolish them! lol

Last 10 winners of the best defensive player in college football award:

Derrick Johnson, 3 time Pro Bowl, 1 time first team All Pro, 124 starts
Elvis Dumervil, 3 time Pro Bowl, 1 time first team All Pro, 78 starts
James Laurinaitis, 80 starts
Glenn Dorsey, 78 starts
Brian Orakpo, 3 time Pro Bowl, 64 starts
Ndamukong Suh, 3 time Pro Bowl, 2 time All Pro, 62 starts
Da'Quan Bowers, bust
Luke Kuechly, defensive player on a playoff team of the year award winner, 1 Pro Bowl, 1 All Pro, 32 starts
Manti Te'o, 12 starts
Aaron Donald

I get that college awards mean nothing when it comes to the NFL but thats a pretty elite group of players right there.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wouldn't give the Cowboy's the sweat off the left side of my right N--!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I wouldn't give the Cowboy's the sweat off the left side of my right N--!

Not even for their first round choice?
Hell I'd give em a gallon of sweat fer that, specially where they're gonna draft this year.

BTW am I the only one who is glad we passed on Mo Claiborn?