Let’s slot the AFC West Teams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is going to be a fun division to watch in 2022…

Here is the final standings in 2021… how do you slot them this year?

3A0B22AF-6D0D-4397-83AE-0C4C35FCEED5.png

Me;

1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. Denver Broncos
3. LA Chargers
4. Las Vegas Raiders

With Patrick Mahomes… I have a hard time picking a team to leap frog the Chiefs.

The #2 team is a tough one… Chargers seem like the logical #2 choice… I think Wilson makes the difference and the Broncos grab #2.

I am slotting the Chargers #3 because the organization is not as strong internally as the Broncos and Chiefs right now. That makes the difference down the stretch.

Raiders are my #4 team. McDaniel and Carr should be a good combo, but will they play consistent football? I am not sure.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I've predicted the Chargers to be good every year since about 2002 so I'm not going to stop now. I think their D takes a step this year and the Chiefs surely are due a down year.

The Raiders will be 4th by miles and I am not ready to crown the Broncos until I see it.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Chargers—second year with the coach QB combo and a continuing roster build should do it.

Chiefs—this is the year they get dethroned. Losing hill and mahomes coming back to earth a little might be enough.

Raiders—they have a good roster going and carr has always been good when he has an OL, but their new HC is a known cheater. Screw him.

Broncos—I don’t think wilson will be enough.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Chargers will go either 9 and 8 or 8 and 9. It's in their blood. They will always lose the close games, no matter how much everyone slurps up Herbert.

Broncos and chiefs fight it out for the division. Broncos were only a qb away. Chiefs will not be the same without the threat of hill.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders.

Funny thing is I can see all 4 winning it.
Chiefs with Mahomes need to be knocked off. Not easy to do.
Staley has to get past his ego. He sees Herbert's talent and it leads him to make poor decisions. He has to take a big step forward imo. For a D genius, his D was mediocre at best.
Not sure how Wilson will be in a new O in year one. Always difficult.
I see the Raiders as good, not great. That said, they have continuity in players and if the new McD O works, they could climb to the top of the heap.

Exciting division in 2022, rarely has there been as great of competition in one division entering a season

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’m going:

Chargers
Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders

I think the success of this division may be overblown.

Chargers because I think they take the next step and I like the coach and QB.

Chiefs because Reid and Mahomes

Broncos the main reason I have them third is Hackett, but their defense is better than the Raiders

Raiders last because I don’t believe the new coach can win without cheating and it will take time for them to adjust the new schemes

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  1. Los Angeles Chargers....The addition of Mack & Jackson, Justin Herbert is a stud plus I like Brandon Staley as their Head Coach.
  2. Kansas City Chiefs....Talent still there & Mahomes, but they come up short on defense against the Chargers.
  3. Denver Broncos....I don't trust a first time HC, OC & DC, however, Wilson is still special and there is enough talent to be the third dog in this fight.
  4. Las Vegas Raiders.... I don't trust Carr & something always smells rotten in Denmark.

dang

Legend
My heart says Raiders win but my head says LAC (heads should roll if they don’t make playoffs this year). So:

1. LAC 12-5
2. KC 11-6
3. LVR 10- 7
4. DEN 8 - 9

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Raiders have elite weapons. Adams, Waller, and Renfrow are going to be very tough to cover. Defensively Chandler Jones added to Crosby gives them the type of edge rush you want. They're gonna be a lot nastier.

So I'm gonna go high risk here with KC > Vegas > LA > Denver. I hate putting Wilson in the cellar but I think they have the weakest head coach.

Oh and I think the top 3 all make the playoffs.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sick of how overhyped this division is.

Chiefs will run away with it as per usual.

Chargers have a chance at a wildcard - 10-7 ish type of year. But not a true contender IMO and will be bounced immediately.

Broncos - Wilson is about to be exposed. Seattle had pure magic for a time there. They won it all with their defense and then after that? Two of their wins were the luckiest I've ever seen. Wilson throwing four picks against GB but getting an onside kick....Vikings missing the chip shot of all chip shots. This notion that the Broncos were a QB away is nuts. It makes the assumption that Jeudy is going to be good but he's shown very little. Their OL is virtually the same as what Seattle had and for years people have ignored how Wilson doesn't help his offensive lines. They got rid of Fangio but assume the defense won't regress? We just saw this happen last year with the Rams. Elite defenses almost always regress. Finally they have a first time HC. This all amounts to 8-9 wins IMO.

Raiders - easy last place pick. Teams with negative point differentials that make the playoffs points to some pretty extreme luck, so that regression plus a more difficult schedule and the Raiders could actually be a better team than last year but go 5-12

Flint

Pro Bowler
This is going to be interesting, what we think we know oftentimes turns out different than what actually happens and I think that could go for all 4 of these teams.
Andy Reid is a smart guy and Tyreek is a frightening offensive weapon, what would make them trade him away ? Since he left it seems obvious Tyreek is a bit of a diva and Reid believes he and Mahomes can do it without without him. Mahomes maybe relied on Tyreek to a fault but it’s like Stafford and Kupp, you’d rather lose giving your best player a chance. Now the Chiefs have no choice but to diversify and Mahomes has to be more disciplined, maybe that’s a good thing. Until somebody proves different I’ll stick with the Chiefs.
The Chargers should be right there, especially with the additions on defense. Staley had the best D in the league LA but was surprisingly mediocre his first year with the bolts. They’ve got everything you need to win the division; a stud qb, very good WRs and a bunch of talent on defense. The question seems to be can Staley put all together, last year’s results didn’t really inspire but they might be the most complete team in the division. I pick them a game back.
Everyone is slurping the Broncos since Wussle showed up but I’m not so sure. When Russ “cooked” in seattle it didn’t go so good. Lockett is underrated for sure, he and metcalf were very good at bailing Russ out let’s see if his new receiving corps can do the same.
I’ve heard people rave about Carr and he’s not terrible but when I want a qb to win me a game he’s not who I’m thinking of. Maybe this is gonna be like Kupp and Stafford last year but Carr’s not the best qb Devante’s ever played with and I don’t know if McDaniels is the best coach either, fightin it out with the Broncos for last.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My best guess Chargers made the best changes in the off-season and they weren’t that far behind the chefs so they are my pick to win that division.

Raiders and Broncos have new coaches. I think Carr has better weapons and Wilson is declining.

Mahomes is good enough with what is left in KC.

Chargers
Chefs
Raiders
Broncos

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My guess is going to be controversial...but I'm going with this:

Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

(The Chargers are obvious, but let's not forget about the Broncos; they have a great defense, a plethora of weapons, a smorgasbord of good young offensive linemen, a very talented young running back, and they finally have a quarterback to make it all work. Chiefs will struggle with the loss of several key personnel (who's Mahomes going to throw to? Who's going to replace Frank Clark's - as big of a piece of shit he is - production? Who will help run the ball if Edwards-Helaire is ineffective?). Just a bunch of question marks. And the Raiders? Yeah, they just signed Devante Adams, yeah, they have Maxx Crosby, but they're lacking at the quarterback position compared to the other three teams.)

nighttrain

Legend
My guess is going to be controversial...but I'm going with this:

Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

(The Chargers are obvious, but let's not forget about the Broncos; they have a great defense, a plethora of weapons, a smorgasbord of good young offensive linemen, a very talented young running back, and they finally have a quarterback to make it all work. Chiefs will struggle with the loss of several key personnel (who's Mahomes going to throw to? Who's going to replace Frank Clark's - as big of a piece of shit he is - production? Who will help run the ball if Edwards-Helaire is ineffective?). Just a bunch of question marks. And the Raiders? Yeah, they just signed Devante Adams, yeah, they have Maxx Crosby, but they're lacking at the quarterback position compared to the other three teams.)
all good points
train

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I think with Hill gone I am not on the Chiefs this season. They got Kelce, and not much else imo.

I love what the Raiders and Chargers did in the off-season. For me I honestly believe you all are sleeping on the Raiders. Waller, Jacobs, Carr and Adams. Max Crosby/ Jones combo that is a serious upgrade. Most of all Josh McDaniels is the new HC he is an offensive mastermind with massive experience. They will add 5pts extra a game imo. Let's see what the D will do.

I think it will be a dogfight between the Chargers/Raiders for the division winner. KC 3rd and Denver taking up the rear.

Best division in football. Super exciting to watch division games.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know how it all shakes out in the AFC West, but I don't think the Chiefs win the division, and I kind of feel like they will end up 3rd. The loss of hill will be huge, and it seemed like, at the end of last year, DCs had figured out how to slow that offense way down. I still think Mahomes is overrated. I don't know that a QB has ever fallen into a better situation than he did, on that team, with that coach, and those Weapons. I might be way off, we will see this year.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Chargers
Chiefs
Raiders
Broncos

I won't be surprised if the Chiefs win, but I loss of Hill may have a bigger impact than most think.

I have Chargers 1 due to their D. Derwin James and Jackson in the secondary, and Mack, Bosa, and SJD up front.

Raiders have talent offensively but let's see if they put it together.

Broncos finally have a QB, but what's the ceiling of their WRs and RBs? Lots are still waiting for Jeudy to break out

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
There is no permutation that would surprise me. The Chiefs have the pedigree for #1 but a couple breaks the wrong way and #4 would shock most people, but not me. This division is too loaded and the top dog Chiefs will get the best shots from teams of arguably equal strength.