Len Pasquarelli: Recipe for a trade-up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It certainly depends on the strength draft, who you want/need, and who THEY want, which is political in some cases.

tonyl711

Starter
Some teams go several decades without being able to select such high valued draft prospects this high in the draft. This space is extremely valuable & if you have it you better get the best value for it. High stakes & much damage for GM's & HC who fail to maximize this value. The spaces (Value) between 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 & 1.4 like the grand canyon but the after the top of the draft the value space begins to drop fast & hard. That move from 1.2 down to 1.4 depending on the teams needs & teams board is BIG.

The draft value points is 400 pts for a reason. The space value @ 1.1 & 1.2 is super valuable & by 1.5 DV pts drops dramatically & looses value. Here are four former 1.2 Ram draft picks since 1965. Dickerson (83), Long (08) & Jason Smith (09). Add in two 1.1 Pace (97) & Bradford (10) 4 of the 5 are some seriously valuable Ram players.

tonyl711 Would you trade out cheaply & miss on a future Pace or a Dickerson?
like I said, you are still looking at a blue chip player at#4 (and the possibility of trading that #4 pick, turning it into a first and second this year and another first next year), but even if we stay put we should have our pick of Clowney, Watkins, Mathews or Robinson, plus that early second rounder, and a first next year, to answer your question yes I would, that would be 2 picks in the first 36 picks this year and no worse than #32 next year (probably way lower) I would feel like we got a pretty good deal for moving back 2 picks.
I don't see a Pace or Dickerson in this draft. by moving to 4 we are probably still looking at what most say is the best player in the draft (Clowney).