LeBron Opts Out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
He owes Cleveland nothing he gave them plenty of years to figure it out and they just kept screwing the pooch. I personally don't understand why everyone gets all worked up when a player exercises his options. If the player was having issues the organization sure wouldn't have an issue exercising their options. It's only fair the player has the same right. But since the media looooves to blow things outta proportion the player who stayed with a crap origination for years
decided to leave said organization for a more successful opportunity he's a greedy pig that screwed an organization. Again Lebron owes nothing to Cleveland. If Cleveland wants him back they need to prove their shit is together and they are willing to put some support around him unlike their first go round.

A55VA6

Legend
It's really one of two things.

1. Re-Sign with Heat for less money.
2. Sign somewhere else

The Heat really don't have much if you think about it. Wade is declining, Bosh is decent, and then you just have some ok role players. If Lebron can find a team with much more talent around him.. he could really win alot of rings.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's really one of two things.

1. Re-Sign with Heat for less money.
2. Sign somewhere else

The Heat really don't have much if you think about it. Wade is declining, Bosh is decent, and then you just have some ok role players. If Lebron can find a team with much more talent around him.. he could really win alot of rings.

Agreed, if you took Lebron off that team they might not even make the playoffs in the East and that's saying something.

If he went to any one of a few teams he'd have a better shot. And frankly I wouldn't bring Bosh back if I was Riley.......you could get better talent for the money you'd pay him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He owes Cleveland nothing he gave them plenty of years to figure it out and they just kept screwing the pooch. I personally don't understand why everyone gets all worked up when a player exercises his options. If the player was having issues the organization sure wouldn't have an issue exercising their options. It's only fair the player has the same right. But since the media looooves to blow things outta proportion the player who stayed with a crap origination for years
decided to leave said organization for a more successful opportunity he's a greedy pig that screwed an organization. Again Lebron owes nothing to Cleveland. If Cleveland wants him back they need to prove their crap is together and they are willing to put some support around him unlike their first go round.

Had one play turned out differently in the first SA v MIA finals the Heat would be 1-3 in title series, as it is they are 2-2. That's a far cry from what they planned so Miami needs to prove they are willing to put some support around him. He has carried a weak ass roster for the last two years.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Had one play turned out differently in the first SA v MIA finals the Heat would be 1-3 in title series, as it is they are 2-2. That's a far cry from what they planned so Miami needs to prove they are willing to put some support around him. He has carried a weak ass roster for the last two years.
Awe... poor Bron Bron. Come on man. Compare the team Kobe had in his last championship to what Bron Bron had around him last season. The guy can keep bouncing around the league in search of greatness or he can settle in, buckle down, and use will and determination to get there if he's really all that. ANY TEAM paying that much for Bron Bron's services is going to do whatever it can to put key players around him. It's time he looks in the mirror and realizes maybe HE isn't being mentally tough enough to be truly great.

Kobe plays with a broken foot because winning is everything. Bron Bron lets cramps keep him out of the finals, is reluctant to take meaningful game winning shots, and often can be taken completely out of big games. You can have all the talent in the world but without determination and will, you have Bron Bron.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Kobe's team was better IMO.

LBJ does need to pick a spot and buckle down I agree.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He had a very old Fisher, two soft centers, a nut case, and Lamar - who never showed up in big games.

Heat - Bron Bron, Bosch, Wade, Allen, Battier, Haslem, Anderson, Lewis... You honestly think Magic, Jordan, or Kobe, wouldn't have won with THAT line-up?

Sorry. But everyone wants to anoint the guy as one of the greatest ever. If he truly is, he needs to sack up and stop blaming his supporting cast for his inability and will to get it done. I just get so tired of all the hype over the guy. He certainly has all the God given talents. But to put him in the same league with many of the greatest to lace up is just an insult to them. He is a rare talent and a very good player. But great? At this point - not even close IMO.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doesn't the whole possible scenario of LeBron going back to Cleveland remind you of pro wrestling? Like when Hulk turned heel and then went back to being good again.

Just me?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Doesn't the whole possible scenario of LeBron going back to Cleveland remind you of pro wrestling? Like when Hulk turned heel and then went back to being good again.

Just me?
Actually, Hogan's face turn made sense. WCW turned Hogan heel as part of the New World Order angle because he was getting booed a lot doing the same stuff he always had. A few years after WCW was bought out by WWE, WWE brought in the NWO and put on a Hogan vs. The Rock match at Wrestlemania. BUT since that year's Wrestlemania was in Canada and WCW never really got up there, the crowd was rabidly pro-Hogan and WWE had no choice but to call an audible and face turn him.

Lebron possibly going back to Cleveland after all the bad blood is just one of those weird sports things without rhyme or reason. Like Terrell Owens disrespecting the Dallas star... then becoming a Cowboy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I would like to see him go back to CLE, he's paid his penance as far as I'm concerned and I think winning a title or two with the Cavs would be a great story. Especially if he win's more than two like he did with the Heat.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually, Hogan's face turn made sense. WCW turned Hogan heel as part of the New World Order angle because he was getting booed a lot doing the same stuff he always had. A few years after WCW was bought out by WWE, WWE brought in the NWO and put on a Hogan vs. The Rock match at Wrestlemania. BUT since that year's Wrestlemania was in Canada and WCW never really got up there, the crowd was rabidly pro-Hogan and WWE had no choice but to call an audible and face turn him.

Lebron possibly going back to Cleveland after all the bad blood is just one of those weird sports things without rhyme or reason. Like Terrell Owens disrespecting the Dallas star... then becoming a Cowboy.

I stand corrected!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LBJ going back to CLE would be the most delicious sports story in many, many years. Maybe as big as when Magic came out of retirement to play again for the Lakers, of course the web was nothing back then. Anyway going back home if it happens is going to be a HUGE story. It's also going to put so much pressure on him that he may decide not to just for that reason alone.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

lol I just watched that Raw last night on WWE Network.

FRO

Legend
I think basketball wise Cleveland is the better choice not only next year but down the road. Bringing a title to his hometown would be very sweet for him. He won't catch Jordan, so he might as well win a title for his hometown.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The NBA just got a lot more interesting.

This is a good move and I'm happy for my hometown. I remember going to LBJ's first home game, I have the ticket and program in a closet back home.

I wonder what else the Cavs have up their sleeve.

And on a final note it's pretty good that James and Gilbert were able to look at this as a business and make decisions based on that.