Latest Rapid Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[textarea]Dec. 13, 2011 2:31 a.m. - by John Boyle - Jackson: Injuries to OL make it hard to win
RB Steven Jackson said it would not be fair to say the Rams have regressed as this season has gone on. “We’ve had a lot of injuries," he said. "It’s hard to win in this league if you’re constantly shuffling the offensive line.” Rams RapidReports[/textarea]

[textarea]Dec. 13, 2011 2:29 a.m. - by John Boyle - Bradford not 100 percent healthy but 'good enough'
QB Sam Bradford said he knew by Friday he was likely to play. “Could I move as well as I did at the beginning of the year? Probably not," he said. "(But) I think that the ankle was good enough to go tonight.” Rams RapidReports[/textarea]

[textarea]Dec. 13, 2011 2:27 a.m. - by John Boyle - S Dahl doesn't think ankle is broken
S Craig Dahl said he rolled his ankle when he stepped on another player’s foot in Monday night's loss to the Seahawks. "I don’t think it’s broken or anything," he said. Rams RapidReports[/textarea]

[textarea]Dec. 12, 2011 11:08 p.m. - by John Boyle - T LeVoir injures groin, return questionable
T Mark LeVoir has a groin injury, and his return to Monday night's game is questionable. Rams RapidReports[/textarea]

[textarea]Dec. 12, 2011 11:03 p.m. - by John Boyle - Red-zone inefficiency bites Rams again
The Rams missed on a chance to get back into the game late in the third quarter Monday night when, once again, their red-zone offense let them down. St. Louis had first and goal at the 1-yard line following a pass interference penalty but settled for a field goal. The Rams have the league’s worst red-zone offense -- nine touchdowns in 25 chances. Rams RapidReports[/textarea]

[textarea]Dec. 12, 2011 10:39 p.m. - by John Boyle - Gordy out with hip injury, return questionable
CB Josh Gordy has a hip injury, and his return to Monday night's game is questionable. Rams RapidReports[/textarea]

[textarea]Dec. 12, 2011 9:47 p.m. - by John Boyle - Fans haven't forgiven K Josh Brown for leaving
It has been four seasons since K Josh Brown left Seattle for St. Louis, but Seahawks fans still boo him every time he takes the field for a field-goal attempt. Brown, who once said on a radio interview that he didn’t want to be a “slave to the businessman,” was heartily booed by fans before and after making a second-quarter field goal on Monday night. Rams RapidReports[/textarea]

[textarea]Dec. 12, 2011 9:31 p.m. - by John Boyle - Jackson passes Ellard on all-purpose yards list
With 23 all-purpose yards in the first quarter Monday night, RB Steven Jackson moved past Henry Ellard for third place in franchise history in that category. He still trails receivers Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt in total yards. Rams RapidReports[/textarea]

[textarea]Dec. 12, 2011 9:24 p.m. - by John Boyle - Norwood delivers on first 2011 kickoff return
RB Jerious Norwood was signed in the offseason as a backup to Steven Jackson but was also expected to be the team’s primary kick returner. He wasn’t used at all this season until Monday night, when he got off a 47-yard kickoff return on his first attempt. Rams RapidReports[/textarea]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Dec. 13, 2011 2:27 a.m. - by John Boyle - S Dahl doesn't think ankle is broken
S Craig Dahl said he rolled his ankle when he stepped on another player’s foot in Monday night's loss to the Seahawks. "I don’t think it’s broken or anything," he said. Rams RapidReports

Not much to comment on, except....did Dahl step on Goldberg????????? :hehe:

Poor Sam, catching more flack than Bulger ever did. Maybe because Bulger lovers set out to hate him, IDK, but just weird and unwarranted IMO, for a QB with an absolutely horrible constantly changing offensive line and receiver corp, thrust into a complicated system with virtually no offseason, and beset with a major injury. All in his second year in the NFL.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
S Craig Dahl said he rolled his ankle when he stepped on another player’s foot in Monday night's loss to the Seahawks. "I don’t think it’s broken or anything," he said. Rams RapidReports

Poor Sam, catching more flack than Bulger ever did. Maybe because Bulger lovers set out to hate him, IDK, but just weird and unwarranted IMO, for a QB with an absolutely horrible constantly changing offensive line and receiver corp, thrust into a complicated system with virtually no offseason, and beset with a major injury. All in his second year in the NFL.

Changing the offense for him was a big risk that I liked. I thought him and the entire offense would be up to the challenge. I thought McD's offense would maximize Sams talents. Its backfired. You look at a lot of the other young QBs in the NFL that are doing well, they didnt have to change schemes their 2nd season. His body language is bad, hes beat up, the OL is a mess, and its looking like he lost his confidence. I dont think hes ever had to deal with losing this much, having things go this badly. I just hope we dont ruin him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
JdashSTL said:
DR RAM said:

Changing the offense for him was a big risk that I liked. I thought him and the entire offense would be up to the challenge. I thought McD's offense would maximize Sams talents. Its backfired. You look at a lot of the other young QBs in the NFL that are doing well, they didnt have to change schemes their 2nd season. His body language is bad, hes beat up, the OL is a mess, and its looking like he lost his confidence. I dont think hes ever had to deal with losing this much, having things go this badly. I just hope we dont ruin him.

I think Sam will be fine if we can get him some stability. The new offense probably hurt the o-line more so than anyone else, and that snowballed the offense into what we see today.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
DR RAM said:

I think Sam will be fine if we can get him some stability. The new offense probably hurt the o-line more so than anyone else, and that snowballed the offense into what we see today.

As OC, it's up to McD to compensate for that. For some reason, he still arrogantly calls deep shots and mid range routes that takes time, which this backup/practice squad caliber OL fails to give Bradford. Quick offense. 3 step drops, quick slants, out routes, more bubble screens. Anything to protect the OL. And when it's 2nd and goal from the 1 not call a damn naked bootleg.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
:dangit: :censored: :beating: :pokeu: :bat: :grr: :amped: :flip: :pizzed: :evil:

Stupid - fucking - injuries...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Angry Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
DR RAM said:

As OC, it's up to McD to compensate for that. For some reason, he still arrogantly calls deep shots and mid range routes that takes time, which this backup/practice squad caliber OL fails to give Bradford. Quick offense. 3 step drops, quick slants, out routes, more bubble screens. Anything to protect the OL. And when it's 2nd and goal from the 1 not call a damn naked bootleg.
I really think it's more about the bad offensive line and the pummeling he has taken than the system, although they are all linked...so I agree with you. Sam has no confidence. When he did have time to throw (max protection), when Monday Night Football's camera's showed the field, Sam was trying to throw to 2 or 3 guys covered by 8 guys. Tough sledding there, but that's what we have to do (max pro) to keep him clean, and we still struggle at times.

I think McDaniels biggest problem is that he doesn't know what his own teams strengths are, so he focuses on the other teams weaknesses, and unfortunately other team's weaknesses > than our trying to exploit them. I understand how difficult it must be for him to call plays on this team, but I'm not making excuses for him. He could do better I think.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
DR RAM said:
Angry Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
DR RAM said:

I really think it's more about the bad offensive line and the pummeling he has taken than the system, although they are all linked...so I agree with you. Sam has no confidence. When he did have time to throw (max protection), when Monday Night Football's camera's showed the field, Sam was trying to throw to 2 or 3 guys covered by 8 guys. Tough sledding there, but that's what we have to do (max pro) to keep him clean, and we still struggle at times.

I think McDaniels biggest problem is that he doesn't know what his own teams strengths are, so he focuses on the other teams weaknesses, and unfortunately other team's weaknesses > than our trying to exploit them. I understand how difficult it must be for him to call plays on this team, but I'm not making excuses for him. He could do better I think.

If that is the case, I'm really worried about McD. How can one overlook Steven Jackson?? That's the strength. Then Lloyd, then Kendricks. It's simple.

Another WR would help, def.

Yeah you try to exploit other team's weaknesses, but when the oppurtunity presents itself. Otherwise stick to the bread 'n butter.

Chicago...horrible OL, not the greatest of WRs, errant QB. Tough D, but vulnerable and Forte are their keys. If Mike Martz can figure it out, why can't McD? It's really mind boggling.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Angry Ram said:
DR RAM said:
Angry Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
DR RAM said:

If that is the case, I'm really worried about McD. How can one overlook Steven Jackson?? That's the strength. Then Lloyd, then Kendricks. It's simple.

Another WR would help, def.

Yeah you try to exploit other team's weaknesses, but when the oppurtunity presents itself. Otherwise stick to the bread 'n butter.

Chicago...horrible OL, not the greatest of WRs, errant QB. Tough D, but vulnerable and Forte are their keys. If Mike Martz can figure it out, why can't McD? It's really mind boggling.
Unfortunately it's not that simple. We don't have a powerful enough line to tell the opposing team that we are going to run and still be able to run, or pass, by the way. I really hope we settle that next season, no matter what it takes.